22-Sep Tokyo-Hong Kong Shadow Itinerary Changes

rpfarris

Those of us on this cruise (SS 3727) already know this, but others follow itinerary changes. l received this email about an hour ago (followed by the detailed itinerary):

As one of our guests scheduled to board Silver Shadow on September 22, 2017 - voyage 3727, we are looking forward to welcoming you aboard soon. Please let us know your suite setup preferences and reservations through MySilversea if you have not already done so.

Due to some unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, we have had to make some important changes to your itinerary. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, but rest assured we are committed to making your voyage through Asia a memorable and enjoyable one.

You will find below your new itinerary. The important changes to note are:

• The call to Jeju, South Korea will be replaced with a call to Ishigaki-jima, Japan on October 6
  • The call to Incheon, South Korea will be on October 2
  • The call to Tianjin (Beijing), China will be on September 29 – 30
  • The call to Shanghai, China will be 2:00am October 4 – 2:00am October 5

Ishigaki looked really nice when we had an (originally) unscheduled stop outside their harbour on the Whisper in the spring this year. Are you going to be allowed off?

Looks like yes:

Oct 6, 2017

Friday

Ishigaki-jima

12pm

6pm

It looks like they just switched Beijing and S.Korea, so that Beijing happens before 01-Oct. Or maybe SS needed to move Seoul to after the end of September.

Hmmm....

Yesterday you received an email from us indicating a change to an upcoming voyage. Due to an error in the email list, it was sent to you incorrectly. We sincerely apologize for this error. Please note, there is currently no change to your itinerary on Silver Shadow. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

I wonder who *was* supposed to get the email...

I'm sure that somebody at SS realized that the original docking date in Tianjin was in the middle of "Golden Week" and transport to and back from Beijing would have difficult--and thus the changed itinerary. My regret with the cruise is that they eliminated a half-day in Shanghai and added a stop at a port (Ishigaki) that would be FAR less interesting to see. I would have liked to see them keep the Shadow in Shanghai for an extra day.