Warning for Those Disembarking in Copenhagen

We came off NCL Getaway this morning.

We had decided after reading in various places there would be plenty of taxis available for the airport, not to book the NCL shuttle.

There were NO taxis waiting and a VERY long line of people waiting.

We weren't allowed back in the terminal to book the shuttle. There was an air of chaos at the taxi stop.

We ended crossing the road and got on the public bus to Norreport and then the train.

Luckily we had plenty of time, otherwise it would have been very stressful.

Edited by scottie99
Sp

Are there any companies that I can book a car ahead of time with? We are a party of 4 with kids so the cruise airport shuttle will be expensive and the train might be hard to manage with luggage. Our flight is at 12:20pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any companies that I can book a car ahead of time with? We are a party of 4 with kids so the cruise airport shuttle will be expensive and the train might be hard to manage with luggage. Our flight is at 12:20pm

I emailed this company and this is the response I got:

I see that you are interested in booking the transfer services we offer.

The pick up is normally an hour after tour cruise embarkation time. But for the transfer provider will advise the exact pick up time based on your cruise arrival and embarkation time and the flight departure time.

You can book a Private transfer from Copenhagen Malmo Port to Copenhagen International Airport by clicking this link below:

http://www.world-airport-transfer.com/copenhagen/941/DK_CPH/1641/private-airport-transfer

Copenhagen International Airport

1 to 2 pers$197.89 per car per way

3 to 5 pers$219.87 per car per way

6 to 10 pers$454.40 per car per way

Please take note that we only accept booking online with at least 24- 72 hours prior to the service date using a credit card. The sooner you book the greater chance of having it confirmed. Rest assured that your credit card will be charged only after a reservation is confirmed.*

Edited by beachdreaming
Typo

I emailed this company and this is the response I got:

I see that you are interested in booking the transfer services we offer.

The pick up is normally an hour after tour cruise embarkation time. But for the transfer provider will advise the exact pick up time based on your cruise arrival and embarkation time and the flight departure time.

You can book a Private transfer from Copenhagen Malmo Port to Copenhagen International Airport by clicking this link below:

http://www.world-airport-transfer.com/copenhagen/941/DK_CPH/1641/private-airport-transfer

Copenhagen International Airport

1 to 2 pers$197.89 per car per way

3 to 5 pers$219.87 per car per way

6 to 10 pers$454.40 per car per way

Please take note that we only accept booking online with at least 24- 72 hours prior to the service date using a credit card. The sooner you book the greater chance of having it confirmed. Rest assured that your credit card will be charged only after a reservation is confirmed.*

Thank you and yes that is expensive! The ship transfer would be less. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F.. me that's expensive!!!!!!!

A taxi, if available, will only cost you around 50-60 USD.

I about fell over when I got that reply for a scheduled transfer. I have since gone online and got quotes from other sites for slightly less but it's still very expensive. Our problem is that we need to Disembark early (we have an overnight in port and have already talked with cruiseline about this) because we have an 8:00 AM flight to Switzerland. Taxis will probably not be lining up at 5:00 AM at the cruiseport and we didn't know if we would be able to call a taxi at that time of the morning. Do you have any thoughts on this? Would we be able to call a taxi that morning since they don't seem to let you schedule one lately? Thank you so much for all the time, energy, and effort that you put into helping all of us.

Edited by beachdreaming
t

I about fell over when I got that reply for a scheduled transfer. I have since gone online and got quotes from other sites for slightly less but it's still very expensive. Our problem is that we need to Disembark early (we have an overnight in port and have already talked with cruiseline about this) because we have an 8:00 AM flight to Switzerland. Taxis will probably not be lining up at 5:00 AM at the cruiseport and we didn't know if we would be able to call a taxi at that time of the morning. Do you have any thoughts on this? Would we be able to call a taxi that morning since they don't seem to let you schedule one lately? Thank you so much for all the time, energy, and effort that you put into helping all of us.

Danish Viking,

I think we cross posted and I was hoping to get your thoughts about my chances of getting a taxi at 5AM at Oceankaj.

Thank you so much. Being such a valued CC member must be a full time position for you.

Yeah me must have posted at the same time.

Apparently they have a dispatcher that calls up a taxi when you need it or else I posted some contact information to some taxi companies on the first page of the wonderful Copenhagen thread.

My ship docks at 7:00 am on Tuesday, July 18th. I assume we can start walking off at 8:00 am?

I am trying to book a car service and if they wait more than 15 minutes, there is a service charge. I am wondering if we should change the meeting time to 9:30? Help!!!

What time did you guys start to leave the Getaway?? TYVM

My ship docks at 7:00 am on Tuesday, July 18th. I assume we can start walking off at 8:00 am?

I am trying to book a car service and if they wait more than 15 minutes, there is a service charge. I am wondering if we should change the meeting time to 9:30? Help!!!

This morning, first call was 7am

We debarked the Getaway this morning. A wonderful itinerary BTW, and huge thx to Danish Viking on the tips. NCL left me unimpressed but that's neither here nor there.

We left the ship at 9:20 and finally got to the Crowne Plaza at 11:15. The lines were insane and traffic was nuts. We paid $70 one way for 3 of us.

Others that claimed to be running a shuttle were offering $85-90 to those in the line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First self assist is 7:20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

btw if you stay at Marriott, AC Hotel Bella Sky or Crowne Plaza you could use their shuttlebus to and from the pier.

DV.....Crown Plaza shuttle does not pick up at the pier...per email query.....only books you to the pier from the hotel....

We carried our own luggage off the Getaway and went to the taxi line and didn't have to wait long at all for a van to carry six of us and our luggage to our hotel in Copenhagen. We may have benefited from walking off the ship right at 7am.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought Copenhagen had the most organized taxi rank. We were there twice getting off the Getaway May 16 and debarking the HAL Zuiderdam on May 30. The line on May 16 was shorter because we left the ship earlier (not self-debarking) and the line on May 30 was much longer because we wanted to stay on the ship longer. Both time we were able to get a van for the seven of us plus our bags. The person in charge of the line will get the right size of cars for everyone. I was really impressed.