Manaus transportation

Roxburgh

We embark on Quest in Manaus on March 15th.

The prices our TA are quoting us for transfers - $140 plus tax from airport to hotel (Caesar Business) and $300 plus tax to the pier - are just crazy.

Does anyone have experience of embarking in Manaus? Are those actually the prices I can expect to pay? Or does anyone have recommendations for a safe and reliable operator?

We embark on Quest in Manaus on March 15th.

The prices our TA are quoting us for transfers - $140 plus tax from airport to hotel (Caesar Business) and $300 plus tax to the pier - are just crazy.

Does anyone have experience of embarking in Manaus? Are those actually the prices I can expect to pay? Or does anyone have recommendations for a safe and reliable operator?

We disembarked in Manaus and a taxi from the port to the airport was $20 USD with tip.

Edited by Laylam

We disembarked in Manaus and a taxi from the port to the airport was $20 USD with tip.

Did you just take the first available taxi or did you prebook? Also, I read somewhere that there was an 'official' taxi booth in the arrivals area. Did you use that?

Did you just take the first available taxi or did you prebook? Also, I read somewhere that there was an 'official' taxi booth in the arrivals area. Did you use that?

We were going the other way, port to airport. The taxi we ended up taking was flagged down for us by a port security officer (there is a long story that goes with this if you are interested).

I've done both this year and would recommend the taxi at $20. Our limo pickup was $30 and frankly was more trouble than with emails etc. First time in I did the limo but would not bother.

Did you take the taxi from the airport? If so, did you just take the first one in line?