Problems with SB website advance excursion and spa bookings

Catlover54

A few weeks ago I advance booked online an excursion for our SB trip this summer that I was told sells out, so as not to miss out ( Flam railway). No booking problems. A couple days later I went back and tried to book a massage for DH on a coveted sea day and the website would not accept any of my three credit cards I tried. The cards are fine elsewhere and the card company told me it is likely a SB problem.

Waited to see if it was fixed over time, but still not working yesterday so I called SB. They casually said, "Yeah, sorry about that, our IT department is aware for some time now." No clue as to when it will be fixed. And they are based in Seattle, where you would think they could find some proper IT guys!

I then booked by phone, which was painful, took 20 minutes for the pleasant but not so swift guy on the customer line to struggle through my booking, name spelling, my card numbers, the dates, the slow system, apologies, etc.

I like to book a little at a time in advance as I mull things over but dread doing more by phone with SB. The Holland America (SB sister, as many know) booking site works just fine for a short group theme cruise I will be doing later this year, very efficient. In this day and age it does not make much sense to have prolonged IT issues like this for a luxury line ( especially since it is bad enough having to prepay for sell-out excursions months ahead of time).

But I loved my first SB cruise so much last September that I will just have to put up with this minor inconvenience.

I wonder if it is only some customers that are having problems, or all. Anyone else trying to book advance excursions or spa and struggling?

Try a different browser. I was not able to see all excursions on Safari, called Seabourn and they suggested I switch to another browser, saying they are not fully compatible with Safari. I switched to Firefox and it worked with the Seabourn site; there was the excursion I was looking for. While I was on the phone with them, however, I booked over the phone. It took only a few minutes and the person I spoke with was very professional and competent. Hope this helps.

Try a different browser. I was not able to see all excursions on Safari, called Seabourn and they suggested I switch to another browser, saying they are not fully compatible with Safari. I switched to Firefox and it worked with the Seabourn site; there was the excursion I was looking for. While I was on the phone with them, however, I booked over the phone. It took only a few minutes and the person I spoke with was very professional and competent. Hope this helps.

I have been having problems with Safari since the last upgrade. In addition, I do know of web sites that simply don't work on Safari (e.g. Amerigas). As a result, I have been using Google Chrome as my backup.

I am having trouble with "ONBOARD PREFERENCES" - For the last 2 weeks I've been getting the message "Due to scheduled maintenance, certain features of My Seabourn are temporarily unavailable including reservations, history, personal details or preferences."

The last 2 days I have been getting "Due to scheduled maintenance the website will be unavailable for a short period of time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back in 10 minutes."

Edited by jakes47