Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

• 2 weeks later...
Does the ultimate drink package include the drink of the day, cappuccino or espresso in the restaurants or the special drinks that are available in the specialty restaurant?

The ultimate drink package pretty much covers everything with the exception of some of the 'top shelf' spirits. You can have wine by the glass upto $14 (this covers a good selection of nice options), cocktails and frozen drinks, beers, spirits and fountain soda mixes (no cans allowed) and all premium teas and coffees including liquor coffees available at Latetudes and restaurants. Also still and sparkling bottled water.

Sent from my Note 3 using Forums mobile app

The ultimate drink package pretty much covers everything with the exception of some of the 'top shelf' spirits. You can have wine by the glass upto $14 (this covers a good selection of nice options), cocktails and frozen drinks, beers, spirits and fountain soda mixes (no cans allowed) and all premium teas and coffees including liquor coffees available at Latetudes and restaurants. Also still and sparkling bottled water.

Sent from my Note 3 using Forums mobile app

That makes my decision thank you so much.

Just to clarify that it's the souvenir cocktail/shot glasses that are not given freely with the packages however the refillable soda cup is yours to take away at the end of the trip (if you prebook the package your cup will be in your stateroom when you arrive).

Yes. The soda cup is yours to keep with the Ultimate Drink Package. Any of the other drink glasses (cocktail/shot glasses) are not.

I almost learned this the hard way. I didn't even noticed the glass. A server came around the pool area (they also do this on Coco Cay) offering the drink of the day drinks and just write up a slip right there so they don't have to take your card back to the bar. He noticed my UP sticker and brought it to my attention before I had to pay for the glass.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
You will be charged a $25 corkage fee if you bring on wine and consume it in a public area (restaurant, etc.). Price has gone up since I cruised last! You can consume it in your cabin with no fee.

I was told by the Scandinavian representive of RCl that there is no corkage fee, this was in December 2014.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found a site with great tips for sailing with Royal Caribbean.

Here are the suggestions:

1. Plan all your dinners before your holiday

2. Private Balcony Breakfast

3. Why queue for the breakfast buffet? Go somewhere else!

4. Make full use of the TV channel on how busy restaurants and cafes are.

5. Bring some laundry detergent and a line.

6. Bring 2 sets of swimming costumes

7. Bring a highlighter along

8. Pre-book your shows before your cruise

9. Plan all your shore excursions before you go.

10. Consider meal packages if you want to go gourmet

11. Beverage packages are not a must

12. Celebrating a special occasion? Tell them before you board!

13. Bring a Lanyard holder

14. 3 Pairs of Footwear!

15. Opt for an early embarkation time

16. On embarkation day, bring a bag with essentials as a hand-carry item.

17. Be on time!

18. Bring enough cash to tip

19. Plan for an early disembarkation to avoid taxi queues.

20. Join the Crown & Anchor Society

To see the full list with explanation, http://sydneynerdslife.blogspot.com/2015/01/20-tips-for-cruising-with-royal.html

According to the person I just spoke to at RCI, Starbucks and fresh squeezed are included along with the other things you listed. Bottled water, both sparkling and still, are included as well.

Starbucks is only included if it is the Starbucks products from the Cafe Promenade. The stand alone starbucks on Oasis and Allure are not included in the vpbeverage packages.

You will be charged a $25 corkage fee if you bring on wine and consume it in a public area (restaurant, etc.). Price has gone up since I cruised last! You can consume it in your cabin with no fee.

I believe they dropped the corkage fee in the last couple of months.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5442

They have dropped the corkage fee - we took two bottles of wine onboard last December and took one to the MDR - no corkage fee 😊

Angela, Sydney Australia.

Radiance of the Seas, Dec 2013.

Radiance of the Seas, Dec 2014.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes you can order anything off the menu you want including cold cuts and hard boiled eggs. On Liberty of the Seas breakfast is no problem. For a huge ship with 4000K aboard you may stand in line 5 min but most people stay in the 2 lines at the entry. If you pass them there are 3 other places to get food and quite a variety, bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereal, milk, toast, etc. We never stood around waiting the whole cruise.

Cafe Promenade serves RCCL coffee which is Bilge swill free and all the other stuff is $$$. They serve Illy brand Capucino etc.

Have an anniversary, Main dining serves a small choc Mousse and sings Happy Aniv. Main had great rolls.

Edited by WupperAV

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1) There is a clothesline built in to the shower stall (which still has a curtain)

2) Toiletries included are shampoo/shower gel (no conditioner), soap, and facial tissues.

3) The in room safe opens by punching in a code, not a key swipe

4) Pool towels and gym towels are readily available, no need for Seapass swipe on board (only for off shore excursions)

5) Minibar charges are not outrageous for soda and mineral water (around $2.25 a can and less than $5 for the large bottle of water).

6) There is a selection of free bagged teas available at the dining venues including rooibos, mint, decaf, and even Tetley. The coffee was weak for me, but Canadians considered it too strong. The upgrade espresso is Illy. Windjammer has at least one diet flavored (noncarbonated) drink (Strawberry Kiwi was good). Also sweetened lemonade and unsweetened ice tea are available for free.

7) There was always ice cream for dessert at dinner. During the day soft serve is available on the pool deck. Fruit choices are limited, you won't even find bananas daily at breakfast. Fruit was often were green the day served. We always kept a few bananas and kiwis ripening in the cabin.

8) No corkage is charged. You can also ask your cabin steward for a wine glass and carry it with you to any venue.

9) There is smoked salmon (nearly daily) at Park Cafe, but not at Windjammer.

10). The menus are NOT duplicated at Windjammer & the MDR. There are only a few things that are the same (eg the soups). Often leftover desserts show up in Windjammer the following day.

11) Both at Park Cafe and Windjammer there is a carved meat choice (or sometimes a stirfry). They are different. Eg you may find roast beef in Park Cafe and turkey in Windjammer, or vice versa.

12) If you are interested in Indian, Jamaican/Caribbean, or Indonesian food, check out Windjammer. Some of those items were excellent (they seem to be for the crew more than the guests).

13) The salad bar at lunch in the MDR is better than the one in Windjammer. Sometimes you can get in and out of MDR quickly for lunch, but sometimes not, depending on the attentiveness of the server. If you are in a hurry, forget dessert in the MDR.

14) If you don't have any status, you are probably stuck with My Time Dining. They will try to stick you at one of the huge round tables. Ask for the smaller 8-person one if that happens. I would try to book 5:30 pm times. The wait for a table even with reservation at 7:30 was 15 minutes. If one of you can't handle the slow dinner service, the other can bring "takeout" back to the room if there is something special on the menu.

Edited by mlgb

• 5 weeks later...

Interestingly, this contradicts with the FAQ found here http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/ where, if you scroll down to the question "Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board?"

It says

"From 1st November 2012, guests are now allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne on board at embarkation, this is per stateroom, not per guest. These are for consumption in the stateroom. If a guest wishes to consume these in any dining venue or bar/lounge, there is a corkage fee of 25USD per bottle. No other drink than wine or champagne will be allowed."

Glad that's clear then! :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RCCL often posts Military Rate specials on cruises that are quite attractive. Typically the rates are for the first two adults. The catch is that RCCL usually does not extend the Military Rates to children (3rd or 4th passenger) staying in the same room. this is true especially during specialty or holiday cruises. To verify that you have the most attractive pricing check the other promotional rates as well.