Diamond plus benefits & child turning 18 years

bearone

Our kids were Diamond when they turned 18 as they carried our level. Our son dropped back a level on the next cruise after he was 18 but has since earned his own points and is now Diamond. Our daughter was Diamond when she turned 18 based on her points and she stayed at that level.

Thats what happened to our oldest. She dropped down to Emarald after she turned 18. Our 17 yr has cruised more so has 135 points so should stay diamond when she turns 18.

I have 3 kids. RC customer since 2005. My experience is that I was told to link them to my account as children (under 18).

They all became the level I was at the time they turned 18. They retained this level after becoming 18, but their points on their new online accounts all showed the ones they actually earned by sailing.

They should not take the level away once they turn 18. If they did that, you may be able to have them fix it by calling.

Edited by marci22

I have 3 kids. RC customer since 2005. My experience is that I was told to link them to my account as children (under 18).

They all became the level I was at the time they turned 18. They retained this level after becoming 18, but their points on their new online accounts all showed the ones they actually earned by sailing.

They should not take the level away once they turn 18. If they did that, you may be able to have them fix it by calling.

What you describe is the way C&A has told me it is supposed to work.

My kids became diamond when we became diamond years ago.. Then, when we became diamond plus, so did the kids.

They had plenty of points on their own but still about 10-40 points behind us. We deliberately took a 3 day cruise just before my son turned 18 to get the 2 points we needed to become diamond plus. The kids did cruise with us on that cruise and we all became diamond plus.

Now the kids have all reached 18 and they all are still diamond plus. One of the kids has the points to qualify on their own. The other 2 kids are about to get the points to reach it on their own but the status is still diamond plus with 160 points each.

RCCL does not want to separate families. We have been very happy with how they have handled it. Call if you are not happy and just ask, if a mistake has been made they will correct it.

At 18, my daughter became D+ with 100+ cruise points of her own. The biggest disappoint for her now is that she wants cruise with her college roommates for spring break but she can't because she is only 20 years old. I'd much rather her spend spring break in the secure familiar environment of a cruise ship vs a cheap mexican spring break resort. I hope someday RCI reconsiders the 21 YO policy.

I will take one for the team and chaperone if they'll cover 1/2 the cost of my cruise fare. :D

Interesting because my kids were both linked (one still is) and the oldest still lost her status when she turn 18.I wonder if because we are in Australia and the rules are different.Or they don't know the rules here

Edited by Jasp 0401

Interesting because my kids were both linked (one still is) and the oldest still lost her status when she turn 18.I wonder if because we are in Australia and the rules are different.Or they don't know the rules here

If you have a local C&A phone number, I think it's at least worth a phone call. The kids are supposed to stay at the level that you were on the day they turned 18.

If you have a local C&A phone number, I think it's at least worth a phone call. The kids are supposed to stay at the level that you were on the day they turned 18.

That is how it worked for us.:D

They were Diamond at 18, and Diamond+ on their 19th birthday cruise.:D

Now half way to Pineapple.:D

Hi, I called C&A from Australia yesterday and they said my son would maintain D plus status when he turned 18 years. But he would have to start to accumulate his points toward pinnacle from the actual points total he has accrued from actual sailings he has done himself( I think around 160). I found it all very confusing at times but this thread has certainly helped clear things up.

Sue

Hi, I called C&A from Australia yesterday and they said my son would maintain D plus status when he turned 18 years. But he would have to start to accumulate his points toward pinnacle from the actual points total he has accrued from actual sailings he has done himself( I think around 160). I found it all very confusing at times but this thread has certainly helped clear things up.

Sue

Glad to hear that the rules for Australia seem to the be same as for the US.

I don't.

She's a junior at Notre Dame soon heading to Harvard for her MBA. Her friends are just like her. Why wouldn't you want her on a cruise ship with you?

One thing is certain, she'd bring the level of conversation up in the CL or DL.

Thanks .They don't know why her level was changed but asure me that it will be fixed when she cruises again.

Thanks .They don't know why her level was changed but asure me that it will be fixed when she cruises again.

Glad it worked out for you, and there is some degree of consistency within the company.:)

She's a junior at Notre Dame soon heading to Harvard for her MBA. Her friends are just like her. Why wouldn't you want her on a cruise ship with you?

Your DD may be an exception...and no one is saying they "don't want" her on a cruise ship with them...The age of alcohol consumption onboard is "21" when sailing from North America...it can't possibly nor should it be evaluated on a person to person basis ;)

Your DD may be an exception...and no one is saying they "don't want" her on a cruise ship with them...The age of alcohol consumption onboard is "21" when sailing from North America...it can't possibly nor should it be evaluated on a person to person basis ;)

Absolutes and assumptions are full of errors. Saying a 20 year old on break from college will have to drink is like saying all experienced cruiser sit in lounges bragging about all the ships they've been on. Neither are true -- Right?

You must stick to your your convictions -- be prepared to abandon your assumptions -- Denis Waitley

I continue to hope RCI changes their policy. I also hope they continue to enforce their drinking age policy.