Perks for booking on board.

What perks do RCI give you for booking on board? Saranade of the Seas is going to be in Charlottetown on September 28th and my TA is taking me aboard for a tour and lunch. While on board we can book a cruise and get the perks as if I were an accrual passenger. As you can see on my signature I have only sailed Carnival. Or first cruise was right after a couple of tragic events in my DW's and my life. It was great to get away and after that Carnival has a special spot in my heart. So without getting nasty please convince me to try RCI. I'm thinking about Anthem of the Seas. In February 2017. A 12 day cruise.

Hello fellow Maritimer.

I wasn't aware you could book while on a tour. Interesting. Anyway, here's a link - cruise critic wont let me paste in the actual link so excuse the formatting. Just remove the spaces between the letters

h t t p :// t i n y u r l. c o m / p m r k v m u

Be careful with the currency. I'd suggest asking if you can book in Canadian dollars. We booked a future cruise credit on the Indy a couple of years ago and it had to be in USD. Well, as you can imagine, as the dollar plunged this last year we were hammered on what we actually ended up paying for the cruise. So my advice, if they allow booking in Canadian then I'd advise doing that. It will take the risk out of losing money on the cruise price. If you have to book in USD and decide you want to do that anyway, you'll need to determine if you should pay it off right away and lock in your price or gamble that the dollar will recover.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

You should first go to the RC website and join the Crown & Amchor Society. That is a requirement for booking on board.

Assuming you can book on board a tour (which I'm not sure of), you would get reduced deposit and on board credit on the future cruise. The deposit and OBC amounts are the same:

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

These amounts are per stateroom, regardless of the number of guests in the stateroom.

Edited by clarea

I've never booked the Next Cruise before. Do they still let you do any cruise or do you have to pick a specific cruise? OP, I'm sorry about your wife. I love Royal, I hate to tell anyone else what they would like or not. The best I can say is try it, hopefully you'll like it. :)

I've never booked the Next Cruise before. Do they still let you do any cruise or do you have to pick a specific cruise? OP, I'm sorry about your wife. I love Royal, I hate to tell anyone else what they would like or not. The best I can say is try it, hopefully you'll like it. :)

C&A would like to see booking a non-specific cruise die a slow and natural death.:D

What Bob has posted above is the current benefits for booking a specific cruise on board. The nice thing is that before when booking a GS or higher you had to pay a double per person deposit. Now you do not. It's one deposit per cabin no matter the cabin category.

I've never booked the Next Cruise before. Do they still let you do any cruise or do you have to pick a specific cruise?...

I've gotten mixed answers about the Next Cruise. One LA told me it was gone. Another told me it's still available. In either case, I don't feel the benefit is worth tying up my funds.