Canadian cruisers!!

This might be a stupid question, but do all of you get this done with a credit card? I have a debit visa and wonder if this would work. Also I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on doing it without it being a cash advance on a credit card....

Thanks in advance...

Thought I'd purchase some on board credit in advance for our upcoming cruise on the Serenade - for our shore excursions mostly. Called RCL and received $400 USD for only $440 Canadian dollars - an outstanding exchange rate since our bank would have charged me $552 CAN to purchase $400 USD today. So pleased with myself for having saved almost $100!

Did you do a cash advance on your credit card or does it come out as a purchase?

Yes., I believe all of us uaed a credit card. There is simply no other way to pay them. It is not a cash advance from your credit card. It is a Purchase of OBC from rci and is billed accordingly. It shows up right beside the shoes you bought, or the groceries you charged on your card bill from your bankor whomever.

Hope this helps. If you pay it off before the due date, there will be no credit charges to you.

Yes., I believe all of us uaed a credit card. There is simply no other way to pay them. It is not a cash advance from your credit card. It is a Purchase of OBC from rci and is billed accordingly. It shows up right beside the shoes you bought, or the groceries you charged on your card bill from your bankor whomever.

Hope this helps. If you pay it off before the due date, there will be no credit charges to you.

Thanks, I was hoping it was a purchase. You were a great help.[emoji6][emoji6][emoji41][emoji41]

For Canadians that use a travel agent....do you use a canadian company or an American travel agent.

If American can you still get it booked in CDN. Dollars.

Thanks for any info

Yes, you can use an American agency. Careful in that any advertised/offered perks may not be the same if booked in CDN vs. US. Get a quote in both with exactly what perks are included.

For Canadians that use a travel agent....do you use a canadian company or an American travel agent.

If American can you still get it booked in CDN. Dollars.

Thanks for any info

I always use an American travel agent and when I called Royal Caribbean to get some OBC they told me that I would be charged in US$ because of it.

I must admit that I am little bit confused. It is the fourth time that I call to purchase obc and every other time I seem to remember being able to assign the obc to the cabin so that both my wife and I can use it. This time the rep insisted that it needed to be assigned to a specific account.

I explained that we will not have separate accounts that we will just have one cabin account. She said it didn't matter that the obc was assigned to a seapass card, so unless I split the amount half and half, my wife wouldn't have access to it with her seapass card.

Is this true? I noticed that my amenities invoice lists my name with all of the obc that I have purchased. Will I now have to call back to get all split?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by cegmar

I must admit that I am little bit confused. It is the fourth time that I call to purchase obc and every other time I seem to remember being able to assign the obc to the cabin so that both my wife and I can use it. This time the rep insisted that it needed to be assigned to a specific account.

I explained that we will not have separate accounts that we will just have one cabin account. She said it didn't matter that the obc was assigned to a seapass card, so unless I split the amount half and half, my wife wouldn't have access to it with her seapass card.

Is this true? I noticed that my amenities invoice lists my name with all of the obc that I have purchased. Will I now have to call back to get all split?

Once on board you can go to guest services and transfer whatever amount you like of your OBC into your wife's account. Each person in the cabin has to have their own separate account. You can use the same credit card on both accounts or have one or both accounts as cash accts, but each must have your own account.

Edited by jtdlmc

If you only have 1 account then you don't need to do a thing. All credited and charges will get transferred to the one account once on board. Yet another case of in accurate information given out by Royals reps.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

When I purchased our OBC back in April, we had split it --half in my name, and half in my husband's name. We figured it would be applied to each of our Seapass cards. That wasn't what happened.

When the OBC showed up (Day 2 I believe), it was ALL credited to my Seapass account. Likely the reason for this is because it was my credit card used to purchase it. All our paperwork received from Gifts and Gear showed it split. For us, it wasn't a big deal and I'm sure we could have gone to Guest Services to have it changed but we didn't bother. My husband had $100 OBC from Royal which he got because we booked during a WOW sale but that was all he had.... instead of the $1,000 I'd purchased for him. Too bad! :D ;)

We had the opposite experience in April on the Grandeur. Our OBC was split and we both had to go to guest services to transfer it all into one. I currently have our account on our Oct cruise as a cash account and I will pay for my DW. So sometime during the cruise we will head down to guest services and sort everything out.

If I buy obc for Oct. 2016 Harmony TA at 1.10 and lets say I cancel that cruise in April 2016, what would happen to the obc? Back on my credit card at 1.10 rate? Or could I book another cruise, say for March 2017 and apply that obc to that cruise? Don't know how long this deal is going to last, so want to buy as much for future cruises as possible.

Thanks,

Tony