Liberty 2016 dry-dock?

Looking at the schedule, it appears that Liberty is going to dry-dock in January 2016. Can anybody confirm this? I'm assuming similar added cabins and Sabor like Freedom?

Yes, Liberty is due for dry dock in early 2016, and is rumored to be getting similar treatment as Freedom recently got.

Edited by clarea

Looking at the schedule, it appears that Liberty is going to dry-dock in January 2016. Can anybody confirm this? I'm assuming similar added cabins and Sabor like Freedom?

Sorry, what is Sabor? Any news if they will be getting freestyle coke machines ?

Sorry, what is Sabor? Any news if they will be getting freestyle coke machines ?

No news. I guess it would largely depend on whether or not the ship will stay in Galveston for a number of years. They are only onboard ships permanently sailing from the U.S.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know what Giovanni's restaurant is and if it is free or cost? Also is it already in or will it be in replacing Portofino when Liberty gets redone in 2016

Giovanni's is a pay restaurant, single cover charge of $20 or $25 per person. It will replace Portofino fleetwide.

Menu:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/giovannis.pdf

First part is lunch, second part is dinner. Lunch is $15 or $20. Some ships have a different lunch menu.

Edited by clarea

Also is it already in or will it be in replacing Portofino when Liberty gets redone in 2016

Liberty of the Seas still has Portofino for the time being. It is expected to be replaced with Giovanni's Table during her drydock next year.

Giovanni's is a pay restaurant, single cover charge of $20 or $25 per person. It will replace Portofino fleetwide.

Menu:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/giovannis.pdf

First part is lunch, second part is dinner. Lunch is $15 or $20. Some ships have a different lunch menu.

On Naviagtor a few months ago they only charged 12 dollars for lunch, great price , food was excellent we liked lunch as much as the dinner

This helps me with a question I asked in the first time cruiser questions that has yet to be answered. This being our first cruise the pay for dining was a little confusing. So we pay a cover per person and that covers the entire meal?? This sounds like a deal if its true. Thanks in advance to those that answer and sorry to ask a question off the initial topic.

Edited by Ryansdaddy

This helps me with a question I asked in the first time cruiser questions that has yet to be answered. This being our first cruise the pay for dining was a little confusing. So we pay a cover per person and that covers the entire meal?? This sounds like a deal if its true. Thanks in advance to those that answer and sorry to ask a question off the initial topic.

This varies by restaurant. Of course, most drinks are always extra. Some restaurants, like Giovanni's have one cover charge for all the food. Chops has a cover charge, plus extra charges on top of the cover for some items. Izumi is ala carte pricing.

We are going on Liberty, our first RCI cruise, next July. I had heard about the work being done in Jan.. I knew about the slides but nothing else. I clicked the link above for the Sabor menu, it sounds yummy! I hope it's true. Can't wait to hear about sailing out of Galveston.