BOGOHO no longer excludes Anthem!

Big news on the Royal site today -- BOGOHO (50% off second guest) is no longer excluding Anthem cruises before April! Time to save some money on my January cruise!

An aside: my TA had been having problems changing my single reservation to a double and keeping the original non-surcharged rate (something about it being booked specially with only a 150% single supplement, it never made sense to me). I hadn't closed on it and it was still a single. Now that this price reduction has occurred, it's a non-issue, since it's now cheaper than the rate I was previously paying.

Edited by MisterBill99

Big news on the Royal site today -- BOGOHO (50% off second guest) is no longer excluding Anthem cruises before April! Time to save some money on my January cruise!

An aside: my TA had been having problems changing my single reservation to a double and keeping the original non-surcharged rate (something about it being booked specially with only a 150% single supplement, it never made sense to me). I hadn't closed on it and it was still a single. Now that this price reduction has occurred, it's a non-issue, since it's now cheaper than the rate I was previously paying.

The BOGOHO is of no benefit to us since we booked our 2016 cruises on Anthem back in December while on Quantum and the price has increased over $1000 on each of them.

Edited by cruisenfever

The BOGOHO is of no benefit to us since we booked our 2016 cruises on Anthem back in December while on Quantum and the price has increased over $1000 on each of them.

When are the cruises? I booked a January 2016 cruise pretty early, and got a reduction when they had the "balcony for a price of an outside" promotion but this new deal is still cheaper.

I was looking at a cruise on Anthem and now with the BOGOHO the price has gone up over $500 from yesterdays price.:(

I was looking at a cruise on Anthem and now with the BOGOHO the price has gone up over $500 from yesterdays price.:(

What is the date? Are you looking at the price for the first person or for both combined? My 1/3/16 cruise price went down 25% per the "fish" price checking site, with the 50% off for the second person factored in.

Edited by MisterBill99

When are the cruises? I booked a January 2016 cruise pretty early, and got a reduction when they had the "balcony for a price of an outside" promotion but this new deal is still cheaper.

We will be on board the entire month of April. We have the same cabin for all three cruises. For Cruise #1 the original cruise fare has increased to $9783pp, Cruise #2 has increased to $944pp and Cruise #3 has increased to $1104pp before applying the BOGOHO. :eek:

What is the date? Are you looking at the price for the first person or for both combined? My 1/3/16 cruise price went down 25% per the "fish" price checking site, with the 50% off for the second person factored in.

Looking at December 19, 2015...Also comes with a resident discount. We were looking at a balcony D4-D7. I see there is a great deal on a guarenteed inside cabin but would rather have a balcony.

We will be on board the entire month of April. We have the same cabin for all three cruises. For Cruise #1 the original cruise fare has increased to $9783pp, Cruise #2 has increased to $944pp and Cruise #3 has increased to $1104pp before applying the BOGOHO. :eek:

I meant $973.:o

Looking at December 19, 2015...Also comes with a resident discount. We were looking at a balcony D4-D7. I see there is a great deal on a guarenteed inside cabin but would rather have a balcony.

My 1/3/16 cabin now has a balcony guarantee rate on my TA's website. I'm thinking of taking it. Saving $500 between the two of us is worth taking a chance on getting a DO obstructed view cabin. That's what I had booked originally before the "balcony for the price of an outside" sale made the better balcony cabins cheaper than I had been paying (and the same price as a DO).

Edited by MisterBill99

I called RCCL and spoke to a rep, she applied the BOGOHO discount towards my (fully paid for) cruise and saved me moolah! :) I'm getting a ~$450 refund on my card.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I probably wouldn't have known otherwise!

I called RCCL and spoke to a rep, she applied the BOGOHO discount towards my (fully paid for) cruise and saved me moolah! :) I'm getting a ~$450 refund on my card.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I probably wouldn't have known otherwise!

Nice! Good to know that they give refunds after you've fully paid before final payment was due. Out of curiosity, why would you pay so far in advance (assuming here that we are talking about your March cruise in your signature).

Nice! Good to know that they give refunds after you've fully paid before final payment was due. Out of curiosity, why would you pay so far in advance (assuming here that we are talking about your March cruise in your signature).

My March cruise is going to be the first cruise I've ever paid for myself, and with all my travel I always pay well in advance. I just carried that ideology forward to my cruise booking. I had no idea what the benefits of just making a deposit were vs. paying in full (I still fully don't, TBH :D).

My March cruise is going to be the first cruise I've ever paid for myself, and with all my travel I always pay well in advance. I just carried that ideology forward to my cruise booking. I had no idea what the benefits of just making a deposit were vs. paying in full (I still fully don't, TBH :D).

The benefits are you keep the money in your pocket/bank account/investment account and have use of it/can earn money on it until final payment is due, rather than giving it to the cruise line. Final payment is typically not due until 75 days before sailing.

Of course, the way the market has been recently, taking the money out and paying for a cruise a month ago was the prudent thing to do.

Edited by MisterBill99

My 1/3/16 cabin now has a balcony guarantee rate on my TA's website. I'm thinking of taking it. Saving $500 between the two of us is worth taking a chance on getting a DO obstructed view cabin. That's what I had booked originally before the "balcony for the price of an outside" sale made the better balcony cabins cheaper than I had been paying (and the same price as a DO).

Update - Royal already assigned my cabin and I got a D7. Not at all bad and needless to say I am quite pleased.

The base prices may have gone up, but with the BOGOHO it will typically be cheaper. I just checked the fish price monitoring site and while most categories are hundreds of dollars more than they started out, the 25% effective discount you get on each cabin with the BOGO more than compensates for the higher base price.

I'd be curious to hear your specific examples. Per the fish site, on the 4/18 cruise, a D8 has been as high as $4288 and as low as $3216 before yesterday. Yesterday's initial price was $2810, but RC seems to have raised it to $3091 at some point during the day. Sadly this is typical for them, they quickly raise prices as people book and demand rises (or, I guess if they decide that it's too cheap).

We're also booked on this sailing. Booked at the 50% deposit, then within a week the price dropped for a guarantee quad balcony so took the chance (for a $620 savings) and changed it. Assigned within 1 day to the same D2 category I was previously in and moved to the same cabin I had before.

A week later, prices dropped again. Was able to get 2 D6 cabins and still saved $80.

Now, with the BOGOHO sale, the prices are up $187.50/pp from where I am. Even if I were to take the prepaid gratuities, it wouldn't be worth it since you can't combine with balcony discounts and ours are equal to or greater than the grats, and the rise in price is more than it's worth.

I'm glad I did the change when I could.

Yesterday, however, the DO (obstructed balcony) was $75/pp cheaper and given that this is December and we probably won't be sitting out on the balcony much, I was going to make the switch but today it's up $25 (so only a $50/pp savings) and since I need adjoining cabins, the ones available are a bit too far for my mom to have to walk.

The base prices may have gone up, but with the BOGOHO it will typically be cheaper. I just checked the fish price monitoring site and while most categories are hundreds of dollars more than they started out, the 25% effective discount you get on each cabin with the BOGO more than compensates for the higher base price.

I'd be curious to hear your specific examples. Per the fish site, on the 4/18 cruise, a D8 has been as high as $4288 and as low as $3216 before yesterday. Yesterday's initial price was $2810, but RC seems to have raised it to $3091 at some point during the day. Sadly this is typical for them, they quickly raise prices as people book and demand rises (or, I guess if they decide that it's too cheap).

I'm happy to report that after some further calculations we did save a combined total of a little over $1000 for all three of our cruises. It really helps when the mind and the fingers work together!! :o

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm happy to report that after some further calculations we did save a combined total of a little over $1000 for all three of our cruises. It really helps when the mind and the fingers work together!! :o

Glad to hear it! The problem is that depending on which site you use (RC or a TA) the cruise price may show as the pre or post-BOGO price. You really need to do a test booking to figure out the real price. It might have been even cheaper yesterday since I did see that prices have started to creep up (after already going up prior to the sale starting).