Liberty: Derek Lewis?

From Derek's page...So anyone who wants to go for an Adult Day Care at Night Cruise, please join me on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston for 7 Day Caribbean runs from January 24 until June 12 (Texas!).

Those of you who don't know Derek Lewis are in for a great treat. He was in Galveston several years ago and packed the pub with standing room only even on the promenade. I'm surprised RCL waited so long to bring him back because he packs them in every night. We sail frequently out of Galveston and since he left the pub is virtually empty. Now that the pub is smoke free Derek is back!!! He loves Texans and Texans love him as do people from all over the world. Get ready to win yourself a recording contract and a ring worth " far less than a thousand dollars" and have a blast doing it in his adult day care.

• 5 weeks later...

Just booked May 8th in a E3 balcony for $729pp with $175 onboard credit and dinner for 2 at Chops.

Same deal being offered on May 1st.

It will not let me post link to their site and they are an advertiser on this site?

We really love Derek. He invited us to his wedding aboard ship and we stuck around the next week for a B2B after his bride left.

I have 5 or 6 of his CDs as well as all the songs we were ever brave/drunk enough to get up and do...

It was our go-to spot for sure

DSC00508.jpg

Patti is a knockout and Derek knows how lucky he is

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

Good to see so many Superstars here ... we'll be aboard Liberty on 2/7 and can't wait. Super Bowl Sunday and Derek Lewis ... can the ship stand it???

We were also at Derek's wedding aboard Voyager. We thought we'd never have him back in Galveston, due to Royal's antiquated smoking policy. At the time, each hotel director could establish his own rules for the pubs. When Voyager (non-smoking) left Galveston, it was replaced by Mariner (smoking). After all those years of performing in smaller venues, Derek could no longer tolerate second-hand smoke. So after RCI abandoned New Orleans, Derek spent the next couple of years working on Celebrity ships (ironically owned by Royal Caribbean) out of Florida, continuing on Royal for the Alaska season. He took some time off this year to care for his ailing mother, who unfortunately passed away a couple of months ago. During the interim, RCI established a fleet-wide policy, prohibiting smoking in public indoor venues ... so after taking care of a few personal matters, Derek will be back where he belongs ... in the pub, on a Royal Caribbean ship out of Galveston. Welcome home, Big Guy!!

Al

• 7 months later...
I'm so sad, I've been telling my friends that are sailing with us about Derek, we board on June 12th:(

Any idea on who will replace him?

You can get that info by sending an email to [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse] about 3 weeks before the cruise.

Yes. We caught the show every night but once.

They need bigger venue for him we caught show a few nights , but could not find seats most nights, he puts on a great show, I missed him playing with pool band, by the way it was nice meeting you and your wife on this cruise

Edited by George C

They need bigger venue for him we caught show a few nights , but could not find seats most nights, he puts on a great show, I missed him playing with pool band, by the way it was nice meeting you and your wife on this cruise

Agreed! I plan to add that to my survey.

It was great meeting you and Sheila. Did u remember to hide something in our future cabin? LoL

Can you hear Derek Lewis outside the pub? We want to see him but want to drink at Vintages or the R Bar. We don't want to have to stand in the middle of the promenade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can you hear Derek Lewis outside the pub? We want to see him but want to drink at Vintages or the R Bar. We don't want to have to stand in the middle of the promenade.

Just take your wine from Vintages to one of the tables right outside the pub.

Just take your wine from Vintages to one of the tables right outside the pub.

many nights tables outside of pub were also filled, problem is liberty has way more passengers than Navigator/Voyager but pub is same size