Help ! Missed deadline for printing E tickets

We sail on Tuesday and have completed the on line check in a while ago . Just come to print the e tickets but didn't realise you have to print them at least 3 days before sailing . RCI and travel agent now shut . Has anyone ever arrived at the pier without tickets ?

We sail on Tuesday and have completed the on line check in a while ago . Just come to print the e tickets but didn't realise you have to print them at least 3 days before sailing . RCI and travel agent now shut . Has anyone ever arrived at the pier without tickets ?

IF you're referring to your set sail pass I personally have never gotten to the pier without it, however i've seen people that haven't had their set sail. It's not like they won't allow you to board, it will just slow up the process.

No big deal, happens all the time. Just bring your passport and you're good

some port you do need it to get pass security when you first get in.

And even then if you don't have your SetSail Pass they can look up your name on the manifest just have your passport and booking itinerary with your reservation number. You will then be directed to a counter to fill out all of your info.

Why can't Royal Caribbean store your info on their computer and just swipe your passport and credit card like airlines do or have kiosks to print out your Set Sail Pass at the port?

And even then if you don't have your SetSail Pass they can look up your name on the manifest just have your passport and booking itinerary with your reservation number. You will then be directed to a counter to fill out all of your info.

Why can't Royal Caribbean store your info on their computer and just swipe your passport and credit card like airlines do or have kiosks to print out your Set Sail Pass at the port?

Royal does have the check-in info stored, but the SetSail makes it quicker to get into the port (Port Everglades), into the terminal, and into the priority check-in line if appropriate.

Edited by clarea

Just call Royal and ask them what to do.

No need to call RCI (half the employees have never been on a ship) as the folks on here are experienced and actually know what to do in a case like this because many have been in this exact situation.:D

The SetSail Pass allows you quicker entry into the terminal. Without it, they will just pull you aside and check your name off their manifest. Once you are directed to check in all that is really needed is your Passport/Photo ID and credit card.

We booked a late cruise and did not get out set sail pass printed out but we did have it filled out on line. When we got to the port the lady just had us sign a few things and handed us our cards. We were no longer than anyone else. When you get to the port just ask the person for the luggage tags.

After having a printer fail on me, I always print as soon as I can and store the documents with my passport.

I do the same thing. I print my set sail pass the 1st day i am able to do so and the same with the e docs and luggage tags @ day 49 I print them so if there are any problems later I don't have to worry about it! :cool:

I turned up at port having taken full responsibility for organising our entire groups holiday and realised I had literally brought nothing with me...no eticket or set sail pass or whatever other documentation there is in advance. I panicked and frankly was pretty near to tears before speaking to a lady who said it made absolutely no difference whatsoever. They took our names and checked them off a list, as they did with every other passenger, and then at the desk they just needed our passports.

It made absolutely no discernible difference in the end....however it did give me approximately 30 seconds of extreme terror and palpitations!

It really surprises me that people think the actually "NEED" this stuff. Does it make it easier and faster? Perhaps. But seriously, you've paid hundred and possibly thousands of dollars... Do you really think they're going to say "too bad" because you didn't print something off their website???:confused:

It really surprises me that people think the actually "NEED" this stuff. Does it make it easier and faster? Perhaps. But seriously, you've paid hundred and possibly thousands of dollars... Do you really think they're going to say "too bad" because you didn't print something off their website???:confused:

People think they actually NEED to print a Set Sail Pass because Royal's website says they do. Sure, if a few folks forget to print, there's a work-around (as others have mentioned). If no one printed their set sail passes, boarding would slow. We forgot ours once....stressed a bit...got in a separate line...got a few eye rolls from port staff...and proceeded to check in. Do we still print every time even though we know we don't absolutely have to...you betcha!

Yes - printed my set sail pass for my cruise in June but forgot to bring it with me. Was no problem at all other than it took a little bit longer at the desk (about 10 minutes or so).

If I have all the up to date information handy to do my Online check in, I do it as soon as possible, why wait, then it is done. The only area I might have to go back for is an updated Credit Card. Once I get the email the Set Sail is ready for Print, I take care of that and everything pertaining to our trip goes into a binder or folder depending on the amount of information I have. I also keep our Passports in that binder so everything is in one location.