Difference between RCCL & Celebrity Diamond Club?

shay1

We have not sailed on Celebrity for a while. Now that we are Diamond level on RCCL I was wondering what the differences are between them. We are looking at taking a short Fall cruise and are looking at RCCL Navigator and Celebrity Constellation. I would appreciate any comparisons, suggestions regarding these 2 cruise lines and ships.

Thanks

We have not sailed on Celebrity for a while. Now that we are Diamond level on RCCL I was wondering what the differences are between them. We are looking at taking a short Fall cruise and are looking at RCCL Navigator and Celebrity Constellation. I would appreciate any comparisons, suggestions regarding these 2 cruise lines and ships.

Thanks

If you call Celebrity's Captain's Club, your level can be at least Elite due to your Diamond level on Royal. Here are the perks:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_elite/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite%3Fsubtab=true

Just off Celebrity Summit on Sunday. We also had not sailed Celebrity in quite a while. We were not at all impressed with Celebrity or that ship which I believe is the same class as Constellation. Diamond Plus is also Elite level on Celebrity. I'm sorry I spent the money for that sailing. In contrast, I love RCCL Voyager Class ships. JMHO

If you are talking about the actual "clubs" for evening cocktails, the main difference is that RC has a dedicated Diamond Lounge, where X uses a public lounge space just for the cocktail hours. Celebrity usually has a drink menu visible, which makes things a bit easier.

Snacks are brought around by waiters, instead of the snack table like RC.

It also appears that on X several officers are assigned to mingle with the guests each evening.

If you are talking about the actual "clubs" for evening cocktails, the main difference is that RC has a dedicated Diamond Lounge, where X uses a public lounge space just for the cocktail hours. Celebrity usually has a drink menu visible, which makes things a bit easier.

Snacks are brought around by waiters, instead of the snack table like RC.

It also appears that on X several officers are assigned to mingle with the guests each evening.

Not one officer in the lounge on my Celebrity cruise. RCCL also has drink menus on the ships I have been on.

We were on Equinox in July. As previous poster says, one of the public lounges is closed for captain club only. Wasn't there every night but did find very good accessibility to ships officers at elite events -- far better than I have previously experienced on the Adventure or Oasis.

Nicest perk for Elite is free laundry bag! Also have 90 (?) mins free internet. You may also enjoyed the comp Elite events winetasting and 'elegant' tea.

X has captain club continental breakfast in speciality restaurant although we preferred the MDR diamond area.

We did love the elite breakfast at the back of the ship in the restaurant. It was a limited menu, but we went many mornings and the items offered were good quality. Nice quiet spot looking at the wake. When the breakfast time is up you are very much required to move on. Breakfast in the Diamond lounge can be followed with sitting around for a quiet read etc. Just a different atmosphere.

When they have a special Captain's Club function for several levels, the time frame is 45 minutes, and there is no elite function that evening. Not a huge issue, but also the first evening there was not an elite happy hour time either.

We were made to feel very much part of the loyalty club even on our first cruise with Celebrity. There were more officers mingling several times, although we have spoken to officers in the Diamond lounge a few times.

The service and food were very nice on Celebrity, and we really love Solstice and have booked to go on her a couple of more times, as well as a few RCI ones.

It has to be a combination of the itinerary and the price, as well as specials or offers. There is good things about both lines. :)

I have not been on Celebrity for a while, but for me, a fresh orange juice lover, the primary difference was that Celebrity's continental breakfast in the lounge included fresh orange juice while RCCL's does not.

However I will say that the Legend of the Seas last week had a nice selection of Hors deurves every night. In face that it was pretty much the same selection as was served at the top tier party (which was in the Solarium and not very top tier.)

Just off Celebrity Summit on Sunday. We also had not sailed Celebrity in quite a while. We were not at all impressed with Celebrity or that ship which I believe is the same class as Constellation. Diamond Plus is also Elite level on Celebrity. I'm sorry I spent the money for that sailing. In contrast, I love RCCL Voyager Class ships. JMHO

Greetings everyone. This is a good example of why we are all different people and have different tastes and that is a good thing - it keeps the world from being a boring place. The Summit is our favorite ship that we have ever been on. We've sailed her 3 times - once to Bermuda and twice out of San Juan. While we don't go to the cocktail receptions even though we are elite, I would say that the officers of this ship are often seen throughout the ship and throughout the day. It is not unusual for the Captain and senior crew to be in the buffet area having lunch.

We do RCCL on occasion and are grateful they gave us reciprocal Diamond status. In fact we are going on the Navigator next week and looking forward to it. We have also been on Freedom and enjoyed it greatly.

Everyone should do what they want to do! Some like these features and some like other features. That's what makes the world go round! David

Greetings everyone. This is a good example of why we are all different people and have different tastes and that is a good thing - it keeps the world from being a boring place. The Summit is our favorite ship that we have ever been on. We've sailed her 3 times - once to Bermuda and twice out of San Juan. While we don't go to the cocktail receptions even though we are elite, I would say that the officers of this ship are often seen throughout the ship and throughout the day. It is not unusual for the Captain and senior crew to be in the buffet area having lunch.

We do RCCL on occasion and are grateful they gave us reciprocal Diamond status. In fact we are going on the Navigator next week and looking forward to it. We have also been on Freedom and enjoyed it greatly.

Everyone should do what they want to do! Some like these features and some like other features. That's what makes the world go round! David

Absolutely! I'm glad I have all these choices. My response was to the OP's request for comparisons. I found the ship old, dark, and unattractive but I understand she has her fans. I'm just not one of them. I did not see one officer the entire week except the captain on stage participating in Liars Club.