Guests in Diamond Lounge

This is discussed frequently here and the short answer is, no I'm sorry they will not be allowed in. The DL is for those who have earned the status and the Concierge does check SeaPass cards until s/he gets to know you and recognize you. We are in the same situation, sailing in November with another couple who are not Diamond; we've decided to use our 3 coupons per evening in one of the other lounges so we can be together. :)

It's crowded enough with those who actually have earned the right to be there.

We're traveling next April with a couple who have never been on RCI before and have only cruised once and we've already decided that we may go to the lounge for a 1/2 hour or so before meeting them and then using our drink coupons.

Edited by BND

DH and I are Diamond level and are cruising the end of the month with two other couples who are not Diamond level. Will they be allowed access to the Diamond Lounge as our guests?

Terry from Georgia

if they are not Diamond in their own right they do NOT have access to the lounge.

you may NOT bring guests in during cocktail hour.

I agree that passengers who have not earned the proper status do not belong, but I have never had a concierge check my seapass card.

As always, YMMV

Edited, my wife says I am wrong

Edited by John&LaLa

I agree that passengers who have not earned the proper status do not belong, but I have never had a concierge check my seapass card.

As always, YMMV

Haha, always ask your wife :D

My DH is learning after 34 years that I probably have the correct answer.

We've been asked almost every time. On Allure they had someone sitting at the door checking cards since we were in the nightclub due to too many for the lounge, but after the first night, they pretty much knew everyone. Otherwise, we just show it the first night. We usually have been in the lounge prior to the evening so the concierge knows we have access because scanning our cards let us in the room.

Edited by BND

As always, YMMV

Only on one cruise were we asked to show our SeaPass cards....Most Concierge's we have sailed with have been amazing at "facial recognition"...even one that asked us where our adult children were that first night (they were D at that time cruising with us)...we were blown away.

DH and I are Diamond level and are cruising the end of the month with two other couples who are not Diamond level. Will they be allowed access to the Diamond Lounge as our guests?

Terry from Georgia

Just imagine what it would be like if everyone in the lounge brought in two other "guests" who did not belong there. I think you could answer your own question.

Terry from Georgia

I think this is really one of the main reason's RCI has opted to pre-load three drinks onto the SeaPass card.....It was getting way to crowded in the lounges and the concierge's were at times having a hard time saying no to "guests" requests for this allowance. We've personally seen (heard) it happen many times...very uncomfortable situation and some guests have gotten very pushy :eek:

As always, YMMV

Rule #1 - your wife is always correct

Rule#2 - You cannot change rule #1

I agree have never had a concierge check my seapass card.

As always, YMMV

When just the two of us go to the DL/CL by ourselves, they do not check the SeaPass. They assume that if your pass opened the door, you belong. But, everytime we have gone in with another couple or two, they ask to see the SeaPass before serving. This is because you could have brought in Non-members.

So far our seapass has always been checked first night we use the lounge but after that the concierge has always remembered that we are entitled to be there.

Our SeaPass cards were checked on the first night by the bar server on our last Enchantment cruise.

Edited by clarea

As it should be.

Agree.

And sometimes they should check ID's. While on one of our

cruises last year, we were sitting on the outside deck and

saw people just walking into the lounge thru the back stairs without being checked in.

Totally agree, Diamond lounge is for people who have really earned it.

Edited by Angelsea57

Same here. We have never been asked to show our cards. I'd have no problem showing it if asked...I've just never been asked. I used to assume, because I read it here on Cruise Critic a couple times, that our info popped up on the concierge's computer screen when we put our card into the slot. However, we sat at a 2-top table next to the concierge desk on Liberty recently and I made a note to look at the screen when people entered just to see if it was true. No such thing happened.

Terry from Georgia

The Answer to your question is No. The good news and as you may already know, you (Diamond members) get 3 drinks each every night pre loaded on to your sea pass card so you can enjoy you friends company and your free drinks at any bar and don't need to squeeze it to a usually packed Diamond lounge. The free drinks are available at the same time cocktails are available in the Diamond lounge and not just any time of day. Enjoy.

OP - I would say No.

We were on the Freedom last week and not only did someone ask for our sea pass card, he checked our name and cabin number against a printed list. It was not the concierge, but a person outside the door. It was very loud, (this was about 6:30PM ) we had one drink and never went back. We did try later in the week, but we heard the crowd as we got off the elevator so we turned around and had our usual cocktail at Boleros or the R bar.

Not sure of the procedure at the CL. We did not try there till night three. The suite concierge knew us and never asked to see any ID.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1