Problem Accessing Voyage Personaliser on Cunard site

hancogran

I'm new to Cunard Lines so I'm not entirely sure how good their IT and web site service is. Last week I booked the QM2 for May from Southampton to NY. I received an email from Cunard confirming the booking and telling me I could access Voyage Personaliser for more information. Well, I've been trying for days on end to get into this and I ke ep getting the message that the page is not found, or the page is unavailable. Is this a normal thing for Cunard? I've tried to call a few times, but after going through a lengthy voice menu, all I get is a recorded message saying they are busy and I should call back later. :rolleyes:

I did get into the Voyage Personaliser a few times but then it reverts back to "page not found" and "page unavailable". I figured they may be doing maintenance or something on the weekend so I tried a few times again today but no luck.

If this is a normal thing with Cunard, I guess I will just have to be patient and keep trying. Just wondered if anybody else has experienced problems. :confused:

I've been trying all afternoon and evening on and off and having problems. Sometimes I get in for a short time and then it goes down. Sometimes I can't get in at all.

They're having the same problems on the P&O forum.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2144643

On and off for them all weekend it seems.

I understand both systems are actually over in the States. The P&O one have been playing up for some time now. In fact I suspect it is all one large system including Princess as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We head off on QM2 on Saturday for the world voyage and have been trying to access the VP all day without any success to book some final tours. We have not received our pre-cruise booklet yet, received a letter from Cunard 2 days before Christmas advising that it had been delayed in printing, but that it was on its way. However, nothing yet received (TA has also chased on our behalf) and we are trying to finalise a couple of tours. VP has been slow (when able to access it) and at times unavailable. CUNARD GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, if you are going to do away with pre-cruise booklets and expect people to access the VP you need to ensure that it works and is FIT FOR PURPOSE, as it currently is not. Have given up trying to book the final tours and may well look elsewhere, if you want my money get the VP working!!

One very frustrated Cunard Customer.

We head off on QM2 on Saturday for the world voyage and have been trying to access the VP all day without any success to book some final tours. We have not received our pre-cruise booklet yet, received a letter from Cunard 2 days before Christmas advising that it had been delayed in printing, but that it was on its way. However, nothing yet received (TA has also chased on our behalf) and we are trying to finalise a couple of tours. VP has been slow (when able to access it) and at times unavailable. CUNARD GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, if you are going to do away with pre-cruise booklets and expect people to access the VP you need to ensure that it works and is FIT FOR PURPOSE, as it currently is not. Have given up trying to book the final tours and may well look elsewhere, if you want my money get the VP working!!

One very frustrated Cunard Customer.

While it doesn't help your frustration or excuse the non-performance of the personaliser, you can call the contact centre to book excursions.

M-AR

P.S. I just tried the VP after posting the initial reply and got straight in using a Safari browser.

Edited by Mid-Atlantic Ridge
Updated after trying to access Voyage Personaliser

Cunard has posted an acknowledgement and apology on Facebook this morning.

And now an e-mail from them:

Dear andhow

You may have been trying to access our online service, Voyage Personaliser over the last few days and may have experienced some issues with the system. Please be reassured that these problems will not impact your embarkation process and we look forward to welcoming you on board.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause and are working hard to resolve the issue.

I have outlined some important information for you below -

Cruise E-Ticket - Our check in staff have been advised and it will not be necessary for you to arrive at the cruise terminal with an E-Ticket if you have been unable to print it. Queen Elizabeth will be berthed at Ocean Cruise Terminal, check-in times are shown in the table below.

Embarkation Schedule

Deck 8 12:30

Deck 7 13:00

Deck 6 13:30

Deck 5 14:00

Deck 4 14:30

Luggage Labels - If you have not managed to print your luggage labels then click here to download one which you can use. Alternatively you will be able to collect spare labels at the terminal.

Personal Information - We have all of the personal information we require so you should arrive at the terminal as planned. You will need to bring your passport and any visas you require. Click here to read our Frequently Asked Questions.

Purchases on Voyage Personaliser - If you have previously made any purchases such as shore excursions, spa treatments or select dining through Voyage Personaliser then these have all been passed through to the ship. If you have not been able to make purchases then you will be able to do this once you board the ship.

I want to reassure you that the team on board Queen Elizabeth are fully aware of the difficulties we are having and will be available to assist you with any queries once you arrive. Again I am very sorry for this issue which we are working hard to resolve.

Yours sincerely

Angus Struthers

Director, Cunard Line

I think life was better without computers.

Computer viruses, computer hackers, information skimmers, Trojan horses, down time, busy networks, failure to connect, and what not.

I am getting old.

Woe is me. :rolleyes:

Yesterday confirmed booking Q503 -- QE, Hong Kong to Singapore, 26 March, 7 nights. Today, after several attempts with message that it takes about 24 hours before Voyage Personaliser prepared for my booking, I was able to log onto VP using Chrome. Filled in travel document details, emergency contact, and able to print out e-ticket. All done within 15 minutes.

So maybe VP problems fixed.

Thanks Underwatr. Was any explanation given?

Salalcia

Je Suis Charlie

I spoke to Cunard yesterday and as you say they are very well aware that they have a massive problem with the website in particular Voyage Personaliser. They are working hard on it but these things take time.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else having problems filling in details on your Voyage Personaliser? A couple of months ago I filled in my passport details and emergency contact details successfully and they are still there. This week I have filled in my insurance company details. I then click the Save Details green tab at the bottom of the page and wait for it to save the information. When I log back in later on, the insurance details have disappeared. I've repeated this process about half a dozen times this week.

:confused:

Is anyone else having problems filling in details on your Voyage Personaliser? A couple of months ago I filled in my passport details and emergency contact details successfully and they are still there. This week I have filled in my insurance company details. I then click the Save Details green tab at the bottom of the page and wait for it to save the information. When I log back in later on, the insurance details have disappeared. I've repeated this process about half a dozen times this week.

:confused:

have same problem with insurance details for all 3 cruises this year, gave up : emailed details then phoned, received email stating that all my insurance details are recorded in their system

Interesting, thanks. I'll probably email them then explaining the situation and inform them of my insurance details.

just had an automatic email from Cunard telling me they need more info from us before 11th May cruise on QE phoned them eventually got through to human not machine who again assured me that insurance details were on their system

further advised that VP is till having problems but it is run from California

of more important advice apparently if insurance details do not show on VP when e-ticket available printing of e-ticket will not be possible in which case we will have to phone them and they will mail tickets

just had an automatic email from Cunard telling me they need more info from us before 11th May cruise on QE phoned them eventually got through to human not machine who again assured me that insurance details were on their system

further advised that VP is till having problems but it is run from California

of more important advice apparently if insurance details do not show on VP when e-ticket available printing of e-ticket will not be possible in which case we will have to phone them and they will mail tickets

VP now appears to running ok as our insurance details are now showing for all 3 2015 cruises