Request for Information on Waitlist for World Cruise Segment

crooser888

Hello everyone:

I asked to be placed on the waitlist for the QV segment from LA to Sydney on Feb 5, 2016. I was told by the Cunard agent that I was #265 on the waitlist but that this number was for all waitlist stateroom categories and segments, so a bit misleading. I am wondering how l can really find out where I am on the waitlist for my particular segment. If it does not look promising, I will have to think about the flight to Santiago, Chile to get on the QM2 also headed to Sydney. I would much rather have the shorter flight to LAX. Can anyone assist me? Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone:

I asked to be placed on the waitlist for the QV segment from LA to Sydney on Feb 5, 2016. I was told by the Cunard agent that I was #265 on the waitlist but that this number was for all waitlist stateroom categories and segments, so a bit misleading. I am wondering how l can really find out where I am on the waitlist for my particular segment. If it does not look promising, I will have to think about the flight to Santiago, Chile to get on the QM2 also headed to Sydney. I would much rather have the shorter flight to LAX. Can anyone assist me? Thanks in advance.

What a quandary!

I wonder if you could get travel insurance on your flight in case you never actually are sold a ticket for the cruise… Have you asked about this? Does this count as a legitimate reason for having to cancel the flight and get a refund through travel insurance?

I also don't understand if folks on the waitlist are under any obligation to purchase a ticket, if one became available. If not, maybe a number of the 264 people in front of you will book alternative vacation plans before February and drop off the waitlist.

Do the 264 people on the waitlist actually mean 134 cabins need to come available? That doesn't sound quite so daunting.

DH and I have had to cancel a Cunard voyage two months before sailing for medical reasons. While number of people are forced to cancel last minute, 134 cabins still seems a large number of people to have medical (or other emergencies) in the next 7 weeks.

Personally, I would be nervous arranging airfare for a voyage with actual booking still uncertain---without travel insurance in place.

Our only waitlist experience was to change dining hour preferences---we moved up some 120 spaces without any trouble, but I think this happened in a longer time span.

Wishing you luck with your dilemma! Please let us know what you decide.

Crossing my fingers that you will move up on the waitlist.

Jimmybean

Edited by jimmybean

Hi Ray66:

A week ago, all insides and oceanviews (except for singles) were all full, as well as all regular balcony. I am only on the waitlist for insides and oceanview so Cunard would not have contacted me in this case. This balcony must have just become available as I see it. Thank you - I will have a look.

We are also wait listed for LA to Syd segment. Have requested balcony only.

Talked to Cunard today no change, still 264 on list. I asked if Platinum level would help and they said yes. However, still no movement.

They have advised when I clear, I will have 48 hours to accept.

As someone mentioned above, UK site showing balcony availability.

I'll see if I can access the UK site.

Not making any airplane reservations until I know we are going.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Op waitlisted for this cruise as were we. Same story..264 ahead of you.

Rec'ed the special offer from Cunard 10:37 am 12-8, called,booked (waitlisted) and rec'ed edocs at 11:16 am, 39 minutes later.

I'm still curious if anyone actually had waitlist for this segment clear.

During telephone call with Cunard, was informed that for next years WC they would be changing the procedure and waitlist would be by segments so you would really know how many ahead of you.

For your stop in San Francisco on 2-7, that is the last day of Superbowl Village which is across the street from the Ferry Building. Since this is the 50th, the city has gone all out to put on this "free" event.

Enjoy San Francisco and your cruise.

Bob