Christmas Day

kayelbee

I am considering a cruise on the QE over the Christmas period.

What does Cunard do on Christmas day?

Not worried about carol services and the like but is there anything special.

I assume a Christmas dinner is served, is that as the usual evening meal or is there a special lunch?

Many thanks.

I have only been on board once for Christmas, and it was QM2 quite a few years ago. I think there was Turkey on offer at lunch with Christmas pudding to follow. We had goose for dinner.

The ship was decorated beautifully, there were carols in the Grand Lobby on Christmas Eve and Father Christmas delivered presents to the children on Christmas morning.

It was a great way to spend Christmas, I would do it every year if I could.

I've heard all the passengers receive a token gift at Christmas… I believe Cunard will make a Christmas voyage special..

We were onboard the QM2 on valentine's day one year and all the ladies were given a long-stem red rose when entering the main dining room. This was unexpected but appreciated. Cunard doesn't try to duck holiday spirit (no matter which holiday).

If you decide to book: Happy Holidays and Happy Sailing combined!

Not Christmas but Thanksgiving.

In 1997 we were aboard the QE2 for Thanksgiving. Dinner was delicious, and a traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings was served.

But what was most amusing was the way they decorated the ship for the holiday. Thanksgiving has never been an English holiday, of course. The week before, the crew decorated everything in red, white and blue bunting and stars and stripes for the American holiday. It looked like a July 4 celebration (a day even less English than Thanksgiving, if that's possible). Not a pilgrim, cornucopia or harvest display to be found. Of course, we appreciated the gesture, nonetheless. (Note, this was just before their purchase by Carnival)

Edited by MarkBearSF

Slightly disappointed with Christmas lunch on the QM2, best offering was spaghetti bolognese on Britannia menu - roast turkey & trimmings was served in the evening with Mrs Beeton's christmas pudding - eek! Great fun, thinking to book QV this year as New Year onboard is fantastic!