Fashion week cruise

paulista1950

I just came back from this cruise and would like to hear from people who were also there: don't you think that the fashion people had some privileges which no other speaker or artist had?

One example: while passengers waited outside the Queens Room for a STANDING place to watch a fashion show some people cut the line and had seats waiting for them. I asked a crew member who they were and the answer was they were invited by the fashion designer.

One more: all of them attended the Senior Officers party, and I doubt they are platinum or diamond members.

Don't take me wrong, I LOVED the cruise, but couldn't understand this special treatment.:confused:

I was onboard for this first Transatlantic Fashion Crossing, and also stood in the line before the doors opened. I understand that those who had seating reserved for them were either members of the Cunard media, including the Style & Travel writers/bloggers who had been invited onboard to cover the event live ( via twitter/social media) direct from the ship.

Others sitting in the reserved seating area ( almost on top of the catwalk) were the Captains wife and personal friends of Dame Zandra Rhodes. Others were young students from the Royal College of Arts who had created some of the stunning collections modelled by the famous Storm Model Agency.

Invitations to the Seniors officers party are not only reserved for us Diamond or Platinum guests. Invitations are also sent out to 'noted or VIP' guests and that often includes the Insight Lecturers and their partner who may be travelling with them.

It made sense that the Fashionistas and other leading names from the Fashion Industry were also invited, including the young students and those Models from the Storm agency all who were suitably dressed for the occasion and added a bit of glamour to evening . ...... I certainly enjoyed having several photo opportunities with them ;) I've even booked again for next year.

... Invitations to the Seniors officers party are not only reserved for us Diamond or Platinum guests. Invitations are also sent out to 'noted or VIP' guests and that often includes the Insight Lecturers and their partner who may be travelling with them. ...
Thank you Bell Boy,

On previous crossings I've been appreciative of Cunard inviting "VIP" passengers and Lecturers to the Senior Officers Cocktail Party. Long may that continue, inviting the guest speakers especially.

Surely it is up to the Officers/Captain/Cunard to determine the invitation list?

It shouldn't be confused with the Cunard World Club Party, should it?

Thanks again :)

What's the point of having these themed sailings if the main events are reserved for VIPs and guests of the presenters?

Hello BlueRiband, I think you may have misunderstood my posting.

None of the main fashion events were reserved for VIPs, it was open to all.

Only the Cat Walk event was held in the Queens Room where the doors opened at 1.30pm for 2pm, where I'd say about 20 chairs ( 10 on either side of the catwalk) were reserved for the media and some leading fashion critics who were photographing and reporting live via social media etc. Other seating was on first come first served. The same event was repeated a few days later.

Several fashion lectures from those in the industry ( Zandra Rhodes,Fern Mallis and Colin McDowell) were held in the Royal Court theatre.

Bell Boy, as I said before, a member of the crew (who was managing the line) sai they were ALL invited by "those in the industry".

" personal friends of Dame Zandra Rhodes" Exactly, and apparently you think that's ok. "Others were young students from the Royal College of Arts who had created some of the stunning collections modelled by the famous Storm Model Agency"

So? What would you say if the best seats of a show in the Royal Court were reserved for those who created the costumes, built the stage, etc?

"often includes the Insight Lecturers and their partner who may be travelling with them"

OK, but probably not those in charge of the lightning and the mics.

"Long may that continue, inviting the guest speakers especially. "

I agree, the guest speakers especially, not all those involved in a lecture.

"were reserved for the media and some leading fashion critics who were photographing and reporting live via social media "

And it would have been reasonable, BUT, according to.... you: " friends of Dame Zandra Rhodes. Others were young students from the Royal College of Arts ";)

• 2 weeks later...

Bell Boy and others who were on this fashion week cruise, do you know if those in the higher end suites were given special seating consideration? I have booked this cruise for 2017 solely because it is a fashion week cruise. While I really don't care about such things, it's a birthday present for my sister, who cares deeply about fashion. It would be disheartening if she weren't able to get a decent seat for the catwalk shows. I would consider booking one of the higher end QG suites if that would mean she was guaranteed a very good reserved seat. Any insights for me?

Hello Whirled Peas, I don't think you'll have any problems with a seat for next year (2017).

I can confirm that next years Fashion/Cat Walk shows will also be held in the Royal Court theatre, this was confirmed at a Q&A session held one afternoon with the main organisers of Transatlantic Fashion Week (TFW). I understand this was a suggestion in feed back from other guests.

I thoroughly enjoyed my self, I've been fortunate to have been on many of these themed crossing, however, this one was the highlight, so much so, I've booked again for TFW next year and also for 2018. :)

I am so glad to hear that you really enjoyed the fashion week cruise. I have booked this primarily for my sister and my daughter (but of course I will be right there with them!) My sister is quite a fashion maven herself. She owns a day spa near Manhattan and she really enjoys this kind of thing. My daughter recently lost 125 pounds and I promised her that, if she kept it off for six months, I would take her to fashion week in NYC. I am going to surprise the both of them with this cruise at Christmas time. I just got finished booking a Q2 for this cruise (originally I had booked a Q5),:p which is way more extravagant than I had planned, but it's a pretty big deal for a woman to lose, and keep off an entire supermodel, right????? :D

Edited by Whirled Peas