Joining mid voyage on Queen Victoria

OceanMonarch

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to join the Queen Victoria mid voyage - specifically the transatlantic crossing, April 21st that departs from Fort Lauderdale.

Could we join in Charleston, SC instead of travelling down to Florida? We know that we would have to pay the full cost of the voyage having tried this on other lines successfully. Any advice would be appreciated.:)

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to join the Queen Victoria mid voyage - specifically the transatlantic crossing, April 21st that departs from Fort Lauderdale.

Could we join in Charleston, SC instead of travelling down to Florida? We know that we would have to pay the full cost of the voyage having tried this on other lines successfully. Any advice would be appreciated.:)

It won't hurt to call and ask. Since Charleston is the last port before leaving the US it might be arranged.

It won't hurt to call and ask. Since Charleston is the last port before leaving the US it might be arranged.

Yes, I will. Thank you BlueRiband. I just wondered if anybody on cc had any personal experience doing this with Cunard, in case I get to speak to a 'newbie.' I can push the point a little more if I go armed with expert advice from cc.:)

In 2008, we joined a QE2 cruise midway in Civitavecchia/Rome on what was a Roundtrip cruise from Southampton. (We missed 5 sea days and a port call in Naples during a garbage strike.) We paid for the full voyage - but were only charged gratuities for the nights we were aboard - we adjusted them upward. (BTW we flew to Madrid spent the time in Spain instead of cruising from Southampton)

Since this was in Europe, there were no PSA/Jones Act complications and as presented, your adjustment wouldn't trigger them as well. However, there may be additional US regulations complicating things. It looks do-able. Are you working with a Travel Agent who can get real answers and make an unusual booking happen? (We did)

Edited by MarkBearSF

I think one of the problems is that Cunard has to get staff to book you in. It should be simple but some countries will not let the cruise staff do it. They boost jobs for their country by insisting on their locals being hired. I don't know what the USA situation is in regard to this practice.

Good luck. I will be interested to hear what Cunard's response is.

OP - Update.

The response from Cunard was fairly optimistic. I have to make a reservation first and then they will seek permission from the relevant authorities. I then have the option (provided it's outside the 90 days) to cancel if the request is denied.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance given.