Oceania Riviera Menu - 7 night Adriatic Gems Cruise

san diego spartan

New to Oceania cruising - Looking for the main dining room dinner menus (& lunch) for this cruise. We depart on November 2nd from Rome.

I found a very detailed posting that had photos of menus, including the specialty menus, but they were on a much longer cruise.

If anyone knows where I can find the menus please let me know. I did try a search, but so many results came up it was over whelming.

Thank you!

New to Oceania cruising - Looking for the main dining room dinner menus (& lunch) for this cruise. We depart on November 2nd from Rome.

I found a very detailed posting that had photos of menus, including the specialty menus, but they were on a much longer cruise.

If anyone knows where I can find the menus please let me know. I did try a search, but so many results came up it was over whelming.

Thank you!

Usually you will not know what the GDR serves but the Priesmans blog has a good selection of menus to give you an idea

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera16.htm

The Specialties rarely change

The Grand Dining Room menu rotates on a 14 day schedule, changes every dinner and lunch with no repeats within that 14 days cycle. That is except the 3 constant Jacques Pepin items on the bottom of page 2, Steak Frites, roast chicken and salmon- see the Oceania sample menu here: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/13391/Grand-Dining-Dinner-Menu.pdf

Ok thanks. I had previously found that blog. It's great actually. Am I to understand that if the menu rotates every 14 days that I could be either on the first 7 days or on the last seven days since I'm only on a week Cruise? How would I find out what part of the 14 day cycle I'm on? I'm asking this because I want to try to plan my reservations for the specialty restaurants. There are some things that on the blog looked awesome on the main dining room menu.

Ok thanks. I had previously found that blog. It's great actually. Am I to understand that if the menu rotates every 14 days that I could be either on the first 7 days or on the last seven days since I'm only on a week Cruise? How would I find out what part of the 14 day cycle I'm on? I'm asking this because I want to try to plan my reservations for the specialty restaurants. There are some things that on the blog looked awesome on the main dining room menu.

There may not be a way to find out ahead of time

We did a 10 & 12 day B2B

the first & last nights were the same menu but inbetween they were mixed up a bit

When you board go to the GDR & ask if they can show you the week's menus & if you want to change your specialties you can try swapping nights but it may not work out on a short cruise

You may just have to book a longer cruise on Oceania to enjoy all the meals :D

Enjoy

Lyn

Just off of 38 days on Insignia.

On our last cruise, 24 days on Riviera in 2014, we could definitely tell there was a 2 week menu.

Not so this time. We found some items repeated much more often, and felt that overall, there wasn't as many different items offered.

I wonder if where you are sailing has some impact on the menus ?

Though I thought they shipped in the food ahead of time

On our last cruise, 24 days on Riviera in 2014, we could definitely tell there was a 2 week menu.

Not so this time. We found some items repeated much more often, and felt that overall, there wasn't as many different items offered.

This is just a thought off the top of my head, but perhaps Insignia's being half the size of Riviera has something to do with the menu's not being as prolific...

Thanks everyone for the information.

Didn't know that the specialty restaurants varied their menus. Hopefully not too much as the menus I've seen look very good!

Where you sail from may make a slight difference in what is offered - that's a good point!

Didn't know that the specialty restaurants varied their menus. Hopefully not too much as the menus I've seen look very good!

Where you sail from may make a slight difference in what is offered - that's a good point!

I don't think they do. What made you think that.

They rarely do ..if they do it maybe every few years they will add different items

Not long back from Riviera cruise and the menu in Toscana was different on the two nights I ate there. Most of the menu exactly the same, but a few dishes different. I am certain about that, as I ate a particular pasta dish on the first night which I wanted to choose again on the second, but it was not offered.

The menu in Jacques, where I also ate on 2 nights, was exactly same both nights. Even the special "dessert of the day", crepes suzette, (not printed, just explained by the waiter) was the same! ;)

Not long back from Riviera cruise and the menu in Toscana was different on the two nights I ate there. Most of the menu exactly the same, but a few dishes different. I am certain about that, as I ate a particular pasta dish on the first night which I wanted to choose again on the second, but it was not offered.

The menu in Jacques, where I also ate on 2 nights, was exactly same both nights. Even the special "dessert of the day", crepes suzette, (not printed, just explained by the waiter) was the same! ;)

What may occasionally happen is that provisions which are available in a given region will not be up to Oceania's standards.

That may result in standard menu items being scratched and others temporarily substituted, but it's a very unusual situation.

If the question afoot is "do the Specialty Restaurant Menus vary?", the answer would have to be, no.

On our last cruise, 24 days on Riviera in 2014, we could definitely tell there was a 2 week menu. Not so this time. We found some items repeated much more often, and felt that overall, there wasn't as many different items offered.

Our most recent cruise was on Nautica (12 days), and I noticed a dramatic decrease in the variety. This is the result of the same type of meat, most typically beef, being offered as different cuts on two different nights but with the same sauce (e.g. green pepper sauce). These examples were not taken from thin air; they represent real examples from our cruise.

The kitchen could get all technical and say the different mouth feel and intensity of flavor between a strip steak and a filet are sufficient to make these two cuts two different dishes. As far as I'm concerned, they're only different in the most limited sense. A person who likes filet is generally going to like strip steak and vice versa. My steak with green pepper sauce was only one of several essentially identical menu items masquerading as different choices.

Unfortunately, cruisers who look to the GDR menu as the place to add variety to the predictable menus of the specialty restaurants are losing that opportunity.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy