O life promo

blambition

Being completely new to this cruise line, how often do they run promotions? I just had an experience where I was trying to book a cruise for next April with an agent who lead me down the garden path. Everything seemed to be going fine had a decent price in the lowest category with the O life promo until I looked at my booking online and saw that I was on a waitlist. After I contacted the agent he said no I was on a guarantee which is a completely different thing. After I insisted he check this out he apologized and said oops you're right it is a waitlist! This is not satisfactory situation for us. I have cruised on many other Cruise Lines mostly standard ones but I have done Crystal and Azamara. We were looking forward to trying this out, and were willing to give up a balcony cabin for an inside just to take this cruise. I have no idea how to find a reliable agent with Oceania since he told me he was their number three agent, and then proceeded to ask me which dining we preferred first or second. I mentioned to him that they were all open seating and he still said well would you like first or second? To me that was a red flag. I used to be in the business for years and years and am now retired, having had health problems I just want to be able to relax and take a cruise, but I do want to work with somebody that can be trusted and perhaps offer a little something extra. Any suggestions?

We still love Princess Cruise line, but I have not sailed in three years. I have to say we have been on over 100 cruises, and feel it is still our only way to vacation.

If you can cancel without penalty I would do it now

Call Oceania & ask for a list of their top agents or book direct with Oceania

You could clear the wait list by cruise time but the TA sounds bad already what other misinformation will you get from them

I agree. Red flags are a waving. Find someone else to work with. There was not a first seating/second seating on the Nautica when I sailed with Oceania in April/May and I don't think that is the set-up for the larger ships on the line either. Sounds like this agent is not familiar enough to steer you well.

I do hope you are able to book your cruise. I've sailed Holland America, Princess and Oceania. I really enjoyed my trip with Oceania and hope to sail with them again.