Only O cruise was 8 years ago so, some questions

Beach Nut

Aloha Fellow Cruisers

We're thinking of taking our second O cruise. Reading through the threads for a few hours has convinced me that we will probably have as pleasant an experience as we did the first time, with intelligent, interesting, and really nice fellow passengers, and no perceivable "class system". OK, so far so good.

The questions:

What's on the "Spa Deck"? How much does it cost to access at regular balcony level (not concierge)? Does it include a heated pool under a dome? What makes it so special? Is there a regular heated pool to swim in? Other hot tubs? Although the cruise we're contemplating is on the Nautica, which I believe doesn't have an exclusive Spa Deck situation, I'd like to know for future cruising on the larger ships.

What kind of drinks are included in the regular (basic) drinks package that is being offered as a perk on some cruises? Are mixed drinks included, such as Mai Tais, Cosmos, Pina Coladas, Gin and tonics? Fairly decent bourbon? What quality of wines are included? Can someone give me some examples. Any recommendations on the drinks packages?

One post mentioned a "Two for One" drink special. How limited is this and is it only offered on some cruises and at limited times?

The "continental breakfast only in your cabin" served to those in regular balconies and under was the weird thing to read about! One poster mentioned that you can order "a steak at 7 am", but not cooked eggs or, I'm assuming, bacon. Seems very odd to me. I guess everyone would be ordering breakfast in bed, so they had to limit it.

Thanks to everyone who has posted helpful info in the recent past to help me "catch up", and to those who will take the time to answer my questions.

Any other helpful info would also be appreciated.

Susan

What's on the "Spa Deck"? private area at the front of the ship with loungers & a T-pool (large hot tub)

How much does it cost to access at regular balcony level (not concierge)? it is usually $25 pp pd or sometime they offer a deal

Does it include a heated pool under a dome? NO it may have a small section in the shade

What makes it so special? it is usually quiet up there

Is there a regular heated pool to swim in? Other hot tubs? YES same as 8 yrs ago

Although the cruise we're contemplating is on the Nautica, which I believe doesn't have an exclusive Spa Deck situation, I'd like to know for future cruising on the larger ships.

What kind of drinks are included in the regular (basic) drinks package that is being offered as a perk on some cruises? wine & beer with meals as per the description

House Select

Unlimited Champagne, wine and beer with lunch and dinner

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/beverage-packages/

Are mixed drinks included, such as Mai Tais, Cosmos, Pina Coladas, Gin and tonics? NO

Fairly decent bourbon? What quality of wines are included? Can someone give me some examples. Any recommendations on the drinks packages?

One post mentioned a "Two for One" drink special. How limited is this and is it only offered on some cruises and at limited times? limited times 5-6 pm & 10:30 -11:30 in specific bars

Thanks to everyone who has posted helpful info in the recent past to help me "catch up", and to those who will take the time to answer my questions.

Any other helpful info would also be appreciated.

Susan

T-pool on Regatta spa deck guessing the Nautica will be similar

i-8TqjbR3-M.jpg

lounges on spa deck

i-BF25GVc-M.jpg

Edited by LHT28

Although the cruise we're contemplating is on the Nautica, which I believe doesn't have an exclusive Spa Deck situation, I'd like to know for future cruising on the larger ships.

The Nautica, in fact all of the R ships, most certainly do have Spa Decks, and they are located in the identical location to Spa Decks on the two larger Ships, i.e. directly forward of the Spa/Gymnasium complex and only accessible through it.

183314.jpg011740.jpg

The area isn't domed, but it is quite sheltered; the "pool" could more accurately be called an over-sized hot tub or whirlpool. It is filled with filtered, warmed seawater.

I have rarely used the pool area on any Oceania ships, and we are usually ashore touring most days. But when I do want to relax in the sun, or enjoy a soak after a long day of touring, I always head for the spa deck. It's always been quieter and less crowded than the pool area, and I prefer a jacuzzi to the pool.

My absolute favorite is the thalassotherapy pool/spa on the Riviera. It's a great place for aching legs and feet. Sailed on Marina for the first time last year, and was really disappointed that it lacks the same pool/spa configuration.

I have rarely used the pool area on any Oceania ships, and we are usually ashore touring most days. But when I do want to relax in the sun, or enjoy a soak after a long day of touring, I always head for the spa deck. It's always been quieter and less crowded than the pool area, and I prefer a jacuzzi to the pool.

My absolute favorite is the thalassotherapy pool/spa on the Riviera. It's a great place for aching legs and feet. Sailed on Marina for the first time last year, and was really disappointed that it lacks the same pool/spa configuration.

Don't Riviera and Marina have the same deck plans:confused:

Edited by wally_bushy

As an aside, we noticed when sitting in the center front of Horizons (on Nautica) that apparently we were right above the spa. When you stand on the platform to enter the spa, you can be seen. Fortunately the folks we could see were in bathrobes.

You should check out the prestige beverage package if you want unlimited mixed drinks, wine, beer, etc. at any time of the day. We found it to be a pretty good deal, and you don't have to be concerned about your final alcohol bill. It may not be as cost effective though if the basic beverage package were included in your booking.

• 2 weeks later...