Where does Marina Dock for Palma de Mallorca?

harryw

I understand that are 2 different pier locations for Palma, one closer to Palma than the other. Where does the Marina dock?

Harry

Unfortunately that is the one issue of the Currents that I didn't keep. But, we needed to take the shuttle which dropped us off near the cathedral. Time got away from us and we didn't have enough time to walk back to the shuttle stop and know for sure that we would make the last shuttle, so we caught a cab back to the ship. It wasn't that expensive.

Lines to get back on the ship, were pretty bad. Because the port stop is relatively short (for O) all the excursions must have arrived back at the port at the same time.

Yes, there are two dock locations, but they're not all that far from each other, so it's not a huge deal. There was a bus stop and a HOHO bus stop not far away from where we docked (the better location), and of course, cabs. I think Oceania or the port provided a shuttle to the cathedral in Palma, but we rented a car, so we didn't use it. Let me see if I still have the info I had on Palma from two years ago. That will at least give the port website URL and with luck you can look up where you're assigned and where that location is. Palma also has a great website. We've been to Palma twice, both on Oceania, and docked at the same (better) location, so hopefully you'll dock there as well.

http://www.portsdebalears.com/en/buques-en-puerto

Above is the port website. Hopefully this link will take you directly to the page that shows which ships are in town each day and the location. You may have to hit "Traffic Prevision" to get a list of ships. The site is a little difficult to use, but let me know if I can help, and if you get to the list of cruise visits, remember that the dates will be listed with day first, month second. Also on that site is a map that shows the basic locations - "Muelle Poniente Norte" and "Sur." I don't know what day you'll be there, but I asked for all cruise ships in June & July and saw:

Riviera June 22 at the "Norte" location. Only cruise ship in Palma

Riviera June 30 at Norte; forget if other ships were in port with her

Sirena July 3 at Norte; so is AIDA Blu; nobody at "Sur"

Sirena July 19 with Thomson Majesty at Norte, and 2 Costa ships at "Sur"

I think http://www.seemallorca.com is the website I remember that had good info.

Edited by roothy123