Anyone gone Parasailing??? Is it Scary?

qbanrican84

DH and I are planning on a parasaling excursion in cozumel, and we've never done it before...how scary is it? either of us are really scared of heights or anything like that...would you recomend it?:o

My daughter and I recently did the parasailing at Nachi Cocum. It is awesome and worth every penny. It's not scary at all, and as I told my daughter...whats the worst that can happen? The line breaks and you float gently down to the water where paople will be waiting.

The thing that sticks out most even better than the beautiful views , is how utterly quiet it is. Once you are up, there are no boat, people, trucks noises, nothing but the air.

Bring a camera I got great shots of the water, the boat, leaned back and took a pic of the parachute, and a great one of our feet dangling.

Have fun!!

We did it at Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel a couple of years ago, and I was TERRIFIED!!! I didn't think I would be, but once I got up there...YIKES! My husband and I did it together. Just as we went up, the wind and waves picked up. Every time the boat hit a wave, we bounced too. The boat took a turn at one point and it was like we hit turbulance on an airplane and dropped several feet. I was screaming for them to bring us in, but they thought we wanted to be let out more. I just held on and waited for them to bring us in. I was holding on so tight, that I had fingernail indentions in my palms for a while after it was over, and my arms and shoulders were sore for several days. I'm sure I over reacted, but I really didn't like it. On the plus side, the views were spetacular and once they started pulling us in and we got lower I was able to get a couple of pictures. Five other people in our party did it, and they all loved it. I guess at least I can say I've done it now.

I did the double parasailing in Nassau with my daughter. It was awesome. It was not scary at all. We never even got wet. Make sure you look down into the water, you can all the fish and stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I have always like to parasail, but last time I went the line broke. It was not a soft float into the ocean. It was a hard smack and when I came up from the plunge the parasail kept pulling me out to sea. I was just glad that it happened to me and not the 8 year girl old who was waiting to go next.

The bigger question is: "Is it safe?" That depends on the operator and how well they maintain the equipment, and that's a difficult thing to determine before the fact. The same problem exists with ziplines. Accidents do happen: see http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/101308dnforsailing.10cb62287.html and http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20742308/

I have only been parasailing once, in Florida, & I loved it. I think you should def. try it out in Cozumel. When I went the weather was great but it was a little windy. I didn't want to take my camera up with me because I was scared that I would lose it. But once we got up high there was no wind at all & it was perfectly calm. I am sure that it just depends on the weather. BUT you should try it because I am sure that you will get some greattttt views!

Archived