What makes you a SS Repeat Sailor?

CruiseGurl50

I´m doing a report about repeat sailing customers, so my question is why do you choose to sail Silver Seas over and over again ... is it the itineraries, Venetian Society perks, the suites, the food, the entertainment shows, shore excursions, the price?

What´s the most important factor of the luxury cruise line you choose?

How much do you care about the entertainment on-board?

I´d love to get feedback from repeat sailors. I´d also like to get an idea of the true demographic of the customers, so please, if you don´t mind, leave your age range and if you´re retired or not.

I´ll be happy to share my report after receiving all of your input. Thanks for sharing!

The two primary reasons we sail Silversea are the passengers with whom we have made lifelong friendships and the crew. The quality of the on board experience including the size of the suites, the space per passenger and the general ambiance are also high on our list. The Venetian Society perks are nice, especially the free laundry. We also like the more formal atmosphere and the general lack of children on board.

We have over 350 days in 10 years of traveling with Silversea. We are US-based, retired and in the 60+ age range.

Hope this helps.

We're relatively new to Silversea having switched over to them in 2012 after 18 years of annual cruises on usually large mass market lines. Six cruises later we are totally sold on Silversea. Hard to point to one particular or specific aspect that keeps us coming back. To us it's the overall experience, the synergy of ship size, service, food, entertainment, and choices of destinations/itineraries. We just feel welcomed, comfortable, and relaxed and that's what we look for in a vacation.

We are fairly new to cruising with about 50 days on Silversea and 50 on Regent Seven Seas. Both similar experiences but smaller ship and passenger numbers on SS.

Itinerary was the reason for the different companies, one each with a 30 night cruise.

I agree the food and service is important but it is much more intimate on the smaller ships.

We also sailed on the 2500 passenger Princess as part of a group earlier this year, and although enjoyable we won't be looking at them in the future. Just too big and impersonal.

We are retired and in the 65+ age bracket.

...Why do you choose to sail Silver Seas over and over again ... is it the itineraries, Venetian Society perks, the suites, the food, the entertainment shows, shore excursions, the price?
None of the above. It's the exceptional care and comfort provided by the crew.

What´s the most important factor of the luxury cruise line you choose?
Previous experience

How much do you care about the entertainment on-board?
The standard performances have no impact on our decision. However, private performances such as Andrea Bocelli, do.

I´d also like to get an idea of the true demographic of the customers, so please, if you don´t mind, leave your age range and if you´re retired or not.
Working stiff.

why do you choose to sail Silver Seas over and over again ... is it the itineraries, Venetian Society perks, the suites, the food, the entertainment shows, shore excursions, the price? What´s the most important factor of the luxury cruise line you choose? How much do you care about the entertainment on-board? I´d also like to get an idea of the true demographic of the customers, so please, if you don´t mind, leave your age range and if you´re retired or not. I´ll be happy to share my report after receiving all of your input.

For us, it's first about the itineraries and ports/areas to be visited/explored. We have done four cruises with Silversea, all in interesting and somewhat unique areas of world. That includes earlier this year along the coast of South Africa. A year earlier, as detailed below on my live/blog, it was for the Amazon River, etc. Originally, our first cruise/adventure with Silversea was along the Norway coast all of the way up to the top of Europe.

Clearly, the ship staff, food, handy ship size, nice other passengers along for the trip, entertainment, value for the cost, etc., have all worked out very well, too, for us. But, it is first and foremost as to where we seek to explore and Silversea has a huge advantage with its larger number of smaller, more personal ships that offer a wider range of interesting locations in the world. ALL of these factors are of importance and value, but it start with "where in the world do we want to go that we have never visited previously"!!

I am in my late 60's and still doing some work, but having certain time flexibilities to do longer, more distant journeys, etc. Yes, many longer sailings with Silversea or other cruise lines, get more older passengers as their time flexibilities can better work out than for those customers who might only be able to get away to places such as the Caribbean for just seven days. Family and work narrow the options for those in a younger demographic!!

On entertainment, we have enjoyed the group of singers and dancers doing their programs to the recorded music. For a smaller ship that has worked fairly well. Below is one photo example. Some complain that it is not a "real show" with live music. But we liked this offering, plus the chance during the sailing and doing excursions to meet and interact with these entertainers. In addition to the set programs, on longer cruise, the cast and cruise director would work out additional offerings that worked well for the audience.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 41,479 views for these postings.

Here is a one visual sampling for the excellent evening classical music programs with nice costumes, sets and smooth voices. This is one of their best programs we liked most and it was done very well by the cast members.:

Africa2016PixsA8_zpsirhamyfq.jpg

Definitely the crew for me.Amazing how much they remember about you.On this cruise walked into the Panorama lounge and one of the crew we had cruised with on the Explorer.greeted us by name and asked if we wanted the usual Sauvignon Blanc and mojito.Yes please.

Edited by drron29

Thank you! I blush. [emoji568][emoji6]

Don't blush or try to be modest. It's true!!! Things work better and are more fun with duct tape on the ship. I am happy to so testify under oath in a court of law to that honest reality.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 202,301 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

I choose Silversea primarily because I do not like crowds and appreciate the small ship setting. My first cruise was on the Paul Gauguin and I enjoyed the very personalized service and being addressed by name and all the wait staff remembering what I like to drink! When I was doing research for my next cruise I found Silversea offered similar size ships with the same high passenger crew ratio and gave them a try. I just finished by fifth cruise and look forward to more in the future. Other positive points is the smaller ships can go to place where larger ships will not fit so there is less of a crowd in the ports where these ships dock or tender.

Earlier this year I tried one of the large ships on the Celebrity line and surprising enjoyed it as well however I did book in suite class that offered additional perks like a private lounge and restaurant.

The one down side of the smaller ships is the limited number of restaurants. On a twelve day cruise you end up eating 3-4 times at the same place.