More Muse news

Silver Spectre

Thanks for sharing Mr. Silver.

Had not seen this on the SS board (if it is a duplication from other posts, pls excuse).

Please see this link for a useful description of the dining concept on the Silver Muse including interview comments with SS CEO. Enzo Visone says:

“Historically, cruise ships would have one huge major dining room that had to accommodate 100 percent of the guests onboard,” said Visone. “What we’ve seen over the years is that this tradition … to a greater extent has weakened. Guests are looking for more variety, for more intimacy. If a restaurant is huge, you tend to lose that intimacy. What we decided to do on the Silver Muse was to increase the quality [of the] dining."

http://www.avidcruiser.com/cruise-reviews/luxury-cruises/silversea-cruises/silver-muse-preview/

Edited by WesW

Who decides who gets to eat where and when? I am looking forward to it!

Hopefully the paying customer decides! Missing you on the Wind ,all the best to you both.Everything A plus so far apart from the weather is typical Baltic!

Who decides who gets to eat where and when? I am looking forward to it!

Unless you are happy deciding months in advance where, when and with whom you want to dine and make reservations accordingly then Silversea will decide all that for you according to availability. This is a deal breaker for me as one of the things I love about open seating is being able to make those decisions at the last minute myself.

Unless you are happy deciding months in advance where, when and with whom you want to dine and make reservations accordingly then Silversea will decide all that for you according to availability. This is a deal breaker for me as one of the things I love about open seating is being able to make those decisions at the last minute myself.

You have stated my position and feelings exactly. I could not agree more.

You have stated my position and feelings exactly. I could not agree more.

I echo this 100%. Will have to wait to see how well this works (or not!) before I book a cruise on the Muse.

We are booked on the Muse in May 2017. The dining options are fantastic and we will not miss the MDR. Silverseas, I am sure, will do all they can to satisfy passengers and I have no problem with deciding in the morning, or the previous day, where I want to dine. From what I've been told, some tables will be booked in advance and some will be available on the day.

Let's not get too hung up on this until we see how it operates. Silverseas will have thought the whole thing through I'm sure, based on the ship at full capacity. This is to be their flagship and I am sure will will be the ultimate in luxury cruising.

I concur, we have often met many new friends and dined in MDR at a moments notice, that was part of the charm of Silversea, sadly another tick for mediocre IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...

It would also be a deal breaker for me if you have to decide where you are eating each night in advance. We travel with my family and all meet up in the bar and then go to the restaurant when everyone is ready. No main restaurant is a terrible idea in my opinion.

Anyone else notice the formal attire that the models wore in the video,it's interesting as most lines are now selling the cruises as a more casual experience.

The models were casual during the day and more formal in the evening. There is still a market for this and I applaud SS for not pandering to those who prefer a more causal approach to dress. After all, there are many other cruise lines to choose from.

It doesn't matter what they put in the brochures. On my last Silversea cruise in April I barely saw any tuxedos and certainly no long gowns. It was mostly dark suites, blazers, cocktail dresses etc. Many women even wore simple dresses with a splashy accessory or two.

It doesn't matter what they put in the brochures. On my last Silversea cruise in April I barely saw any tuxedos and certainly no long gowns. It was mostly dark suites, blazers, cocktail dresses etc. Many women even wore simple dresses with a splashy accessory or two.

What a pity !!

Was having dinner with one of Silversea sells reps the other night and they were explaining the following: four of the restaurants are served from one kitchen and if one dining room is full, just go to another dining area and ask for the menu from the restaurant you were interested in. Also one of the dining areas will be coat and tie required every night and on formal nights, ALL restaurants will be formal dress code. Only exceptions will be the pool grill and 24 hour pizza place

Oh dear the dreaded charge for a restaurant on an all inclusive line is never a good idea.

There thinking is at the Japanese restaurant, there will be a performance going on with the cook throwing around food and making volcanoes' out of onion rings... Its not set in stone but 90% sure at this time a cover charge will be applied at that seating.

Over 20 years on SS. I wait in line for specialty reservations with every one else. Wouldn't want it any other way. I feel quite sure that m/m Duct Tape would feel the same way.

One of the aspects of SS which I do really appreciate is that the crew might be a bit more friendly with the passengers they know from years of sailing together, but, in my experience, they are always professional and careful to make everyone feel welcome.

I have found that being nice is much more important than "time served".