Vicki Van Tassal

Horseshoe 1st

Agree. We were on the same cruise and quite frankly we were very disappointed with her in the cruise director role. She seemed like a nice person but lacked the "gravitas" for the role. She certainly didn't add anything to the Silversea experience.

I was on the most recent Whisper cruise and thought Vicki the best Cruise Director since the legendary Judy. Her charm and sense of humour were refreshing and her show a highlight of the trip. She enhanced a great cruise. Hopefully we are all there to have a good time, "gravitas" should only be expected and required in cases of emergency.

We sailed with Vicki for 31 days of the Spirit South America cruise this past winter and thought that she was excellent! She is very personable, great sense of humor, ran trivia very well, and was a pleasure to spend time and chat with. Her solo show "Ship Happens" was a hoot. We look forward to sailing with her again.

We sailed with Vicki for 31 days of the Spirit South America cruise this past winter and thought that she was excellent! She is very personable, great sense of humor, ran trivia very well, and was a pleasure to spend time and chat with. Her solo show "Ship Happens" was a hoot. We look forward to sailing with her again.

We couldn't agree more. Silversea apparently is trying to attract a younger demographic, and Vicki is perfect for that!

Our first cruise on SS we had Susan Wood as the CD. She was so delightful and charming, it enticed us to come back. Got the pleasure of meeting Vicki earlier this year and she too is a real asset to SS. Some people just have a talent for making customers feel like they have known you forever. Vicki's show is terrific and her charm would have us attending every performance, regardless of how many times we've seen it. Feel the same way about Moss Hills. He too is a talented individual and a very nice person. These CD's by far have mastered the art of engaging customers. I've met many and these people stand out.

We were also on that cruise and I think Vicki is brilliant. Loved her show and also her personality - so friendly and not like other CD's who think they should float on a cloud above the passengers.

Just my 2¢

Mary

Vicki is excellent and I really hope that she comes to terms with her Trivia trials and stays with SS. As said above she is an entertainer at heart and loves to make people happy. She is extremely personable and that is worth so much more than 'gravitas'.

• 1 month later...

We are currently on Whisper, just did 7 very busy days - with 3 in St Petersburg and another 11 to go. The cruise has been good, and Vicki has been a good CD. She is out and about, extremely friendly, happy and enthusiastic. We like her ! :)

Have just come back from her show.Magnificent performer.I had tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so much.

First impressions I have to admit were of a loud American but get to know her and she is a delight.Looking forward to this next cruise with her.

Have just come back from her show.Magnificent performer.I had tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so much.

First impressions I have to admit were of a loud American but get to know her and she is a delight.Looking forward to this next cruise with her.

Funny you say loud american. When we were down your way we thought the aussie men were loud. especially compared to the pleasant nzers.