Shore excursions not bookable online

unfathomable

We normally use my.silversea to book excursions for future cruises. They are supposed to be available 120 days before sailing. Our next cruise is in just over 70 days, but excursions are not yet available. (We have no problem logging on to my.silversea and we have been able to make dining reservations for the same cruise.)

Is anybody else having the same problem booking shore excursions for other cruises?

We normally use my.silversea to book excursions for future cruises. They are supposed to be available 120 days before sailing. Our next cruise is in just over 70 days, but excursions are not yet available. (We have no problem logging on to my.silversea and we have been able to make dining reservations for the same cruise.)

Is anybody else having the same problem booking shore excursions for other cruises?

We said in 30 days and everything was on there but I can't remember if it was at 120 days sorry

Well, I assumed I was just being impatient, but I began trying to book last week at 120 days to sailing and am only able to make dinner reservations, and presumable spa appointments, as well. Has anyone been able to book shore excursions online in the past few months?

Thanks,

Bechi

We will be on the Wind in 2 weeks. As soon as final payment was made I was able to book excursions. Usually do not do this but wanted to be sure we got to see Normandy Beach.

I went to My Silversea and found all the information needed. Prices, times, and details about the tour. This was in the same box that had dinner reservations.

Hope this helps.

Why post on here? Would it not be best to either contact SS or your TA. Other peoples' experiences are not going to help you.
Thanks for your reply. The answer to your questions that we did contact SS and the response from SS was: they are sorry, there has been a delay and they expect the excursions to be available shortly. That was a while ago, which is why we wondered whether others were in, er, the same boat.

In other words, is this problem widespread, or is it just us?

Two examples may not make the issue widespread, but it's at least helpful to know the glitch isn't confined to just one cruise. And yes, it is indeed SOP to contact SS and the TA. Did so weeks ago and got the same non-response along with the sterling suggestion that we "just keep checking." Fair enough.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

jgibbs and Mickey,

Please let me know if this issue does get resolved for you. At 114 days until sailing, I'm not ready to panic just yet and contact Silversea, but am curious how this is resolving itself for others.

Thanks!

Bechi

We have an Oct. 20th (70 days away) sailing on the Shadow and have been trying to book shore excursions for 50 days now - checking on-line several times a day since the "reservation available" date.

After several days, contacted Silversea direct and was told they were finalizing some of the tours and would be ready shortly! A month later our TA checked at my request and was told that they were short staffed. As a first time traveler on Silversea, I am beginning to wonder about their priorities, particularly after receiving an email today touting one of their land adventures. We have had over 20 cruises on various cruise lines over the years and have never run into this problem.

Hopefully the delay will be resolved very shortly and we can be excited and not frustrated about our shore excursions.

We are on the Shadow from Hong Kong to Singapore, this is our first trip to that part of the world and a little concerns too. We have booked our dining and spa but would love to book our excursions. I like plan in advance and would prefer to have this done already. We have booked precruise and post cruise on our own.

I also have not been able to book excursions on dining .. Whisper 11/27/16. I just keep checking back but so far nothing.

We are on the same cruise. Noticed this advice from Silverseas this AM:

"Spa and Dining Reservations are available for pre-booking online from 120-7 days prior to departure. Shore excursions are available for pre-booking online from 60-7 days prior to departure."

So we are a long way from being able to book shore excursions.

• 1 month later...

And I am still receiving the message "Due to technical difficulties the Silversea Shore Excursions are currently not available for pre-booking until 60 days prior your sailing date. Thank you for your patience." Impatient much? Yes. Yes I am.

Bechi

Excursions for the first half of our November BTB went live about a week ago. The delay ramped up the excitement factor, but wouldn't recommend it as an effective marketing tool! Now patience prescribed for the second half of the cruise....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

59 days until sailing and no excursions listed for my cruise whatsoever and still getting the "shore excursions will be available for pre-booking 7-60 days prior" message. I guess I'll follow up with Silversea again. They assured me all of the information would be made available by now when I had inquired as to some details on one of the ports last week.

Well at least I have dinner reservations. I might not be able to take any port excursions, but at least I'll be eating, dagnabit!

Bechi

Well, Silversea has released excursions for some of the ports on my cruise; two are still "dead" so to speak. Definitely inconsistent. I wonder what the issue has been...

Hopefully the rest will be added soon!

And I never did receive a response to my email to Silversea regarding the same!

Bechi