How to book back to back cruises ?

Abear2

I was thinking about booking a back to back cruise if I could find one that is a 4 day or 3 day so I could get right back on the same ship. Does anyone know how I would go about finding a cruise like that ?

We are booked on 2 back to back cruises this month. We have the same cabin so don't have to disembark til the end of the 2nd one. We booked through our travel agent. You'll get a discount probably.

You can book any cruise(s) back-to-back, as long as they have an embarkation and debarkation port in common. Call your TA or contact the cruise line directly.

Roz

Thanks... I was wondering if there was any way to go online and find cruises that are back to back and maybe going to two different places. I really can only go on a 3 or 4 day back to back though. I am looking for next year. I could do a total of 8 or 9 days due to work.

In order to get 2 different itineraries, you're more than likely going to have to book 2 7-day cruises. For instance, Holland America has ships in the Caribbean that alternate between Eastern and Western itineraries.

Roz

While I did make my reservation through my travel agent, I had chosen what I wanted online first. In both cases I knew I wanted a TA so in the case of the eastbound this spring I looked at the ships making the crossing and then looked at where they were going next. I chose the ship to make the crossing that had the following itinerary that I wanted. Did the same thing in reverse for the fall of '09. I also chose a selection of cabins so that my TA could book us in the same cabin on both legs.

Abear.... I am wondering why you particularly want to book a b to b cruise...why not simply book a 7 or 8 day cruise. In booking a b to b you usually "waste" a day on turnaround in a city you started the cruise in, in the first place. Not too much of an advantage to me. Perhpas I am misunderstanding, but there are very few 2 or 3 day crusies except as odd day fillers on either end of a 7 day cruse as I see it. Hope you have a great holiday however it turns out.

Exactly. I don't understand why you'd prefer a b-to-b totaling 7 days over a seven day cruise?

We book many b-to-b's and stay aboard for 14 days. Every summer we cruise Maasdam from Boston to Montreal and stay aboard to cruise back to Boston. That's certainly a good reason for a b-to-b . :) We live in Boston so no airports/no flights. :) We've done many Eastern/Western Caribbean b-to-b's. Board in FLL and disembark in FLL 14 days later and we've visited 10 or 11 ports.

We never consider the turn around day a 'wasted day'. We positively love having a leisurely breakfast on our veranda and watching most of the guests disembark. Then we enjoy watching the new crowd join, the luggage handling and loading of provisions. That day goes by so quickly.

On our Canada/New England cruises, we spend the day ashore in Montreal. That is definitely not a 'wasted day'.

Life is good.

Archived