Coffee on ROYAL and general impression

daka

We are just off the ROYAL (today) and I just needed to have a word about the coffee.

With so many posts about this in the past few weeks I found that the coffee that was available in the Main Dining Room and at the dispensers in the Horizon to be fairly good....much better that what I expected...and better by far than the coffee on Celebrity and R/C...More about the balance of the cruise later...

GENERAL IMPRESSION.....We enjoyed the ROYAL PRINCESS just a bit better than CELEBRITY S class

We feel the same way. My DW and I have been loyal Celebrity cruisers for nearly 20 years. We took our first Princess cruise in March of this year on Royal Princess and liked it so much, we are going back in January. The nicest ship we've ever sailed on, certainly better coffee in the MDR than on any Celebrity cruise we've ever taken. Food in the MDR was better than Celebrity since the days of Michel Roux. Food on Celebrity has gone drastically down hill IMHO since Mr Roux left.

We are just off the ROYAL (today) and I just needed to have a word about the coffee.

With so many posts about this in the past few weeks I found that the coffee that was available in the Main Dining Room and at the dispensers in the Horizon to be fairly good....much better that what I expected...and better by far than the coffee on Celebrity and R/C...More about the balance of the cruise later...

GENERAL IMPRESSION.....We enjoyed the ROYAL PRINCESS just a bit better than CELEBRITY S class

I know that the buffet's filtered coffee machines on the Royal & Regal use ground coffee which I thought was much better than the coffee made from concentrate on other Princess ships. I'm guessing they use the same coffee machines in the Royal & Regal's dining rooms but I've never seen them & are probably in the galley.

With the improved quality of free coffee that resulted in fewer trips for us to the IC for brewed coffee.

Thanks for your quick general impression of the Royal Princess & will watch for more information. We've enjoyed 6 weeks during 3 cruises on the Royal & Regal and have another 2 weeks booked on the Royal in the future. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Not much of a coffee drinker and Princess coffee is just fine with me when I have one. Nice to know you enjoyed the Royal.

YES

The coffee is MUCH better than I expected....

After all the discussion about this I was very pleased with the Horizon buffet coffee....MUCH better than what is (was?) served on our last Celebrity cruise...

They also posted (115) on your coffee thread.

We are elite on Princess and Celebrity...going on the royal in 2017, have held off because of the new design similar to Celebrity which we tried and tried... on the Eclipse, Equinox, and Silhouette.... just did not like that much. So very happy to hear you like the Royal better..

Agree about the food on Princess vs Celebrity as well... Princess is much more flexible and accomodating off menu requests... we even tried Blu on X, much prefer the Crown Grill on Princess.

So, your previous posts complaining about the coffee were

made before you had cruised on princess?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51052752&postcount=101

Edited by pablo222