Leaving on Splendor Sunday 10/30

funinthesun1964

Hi everyone, I am leaving tomorrow for Miami and will be boarding the Splendor on Sunday. If anyone would like me to check on something specific, let me know and I will report back. I will not be getting the full internet package while on board, only social media. But, I will try to log on in ports if wi-fi is available to me and of course when I am back on Saturday the 5th of November. This is a six day cruise to Montego Bay, Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel.

We will be on a 6-day with the same itinerary a couple of cruises after yours. We can't wait! Hope you have a great time. I'd be interested in knowing how well you feel the social media package works for you, as we are considering purchasing it to stay in touch with our kids who will not be traveling with us. I'm also curious which night you will have your second elegant dinner night.

Thanks for your willingness to share!

We will be on a 6-day with the same itinerary a couple of cruises after yours. We can't wait! Hope you have a great time. I'd be interested in knowing how well you feel the social media package works for you, as we are considering purchasing it to stay in touch with our kids who will not be traveling with us. I'm also curious which night you will have your second elegant dinner night.

I will let you know these things. When I've had the social media pkg on other ships, it can be spotty. Kind of just depends on when you log in and where you are I guess. But I will sure report back what it's like on THIS cruise!

And you're welcome!

funinthesun1964! just have fun in the sun!:D

Splendor is a nice ship, I was on in early September and while I did encounter some issues, I really did like the ship, and of course, as always the crew were tops! Wish I were going again. So just enjoy. Wish you a wonderful cruise.:)

funinthesun1964! just have fun in the sun!:D

Splendor is a nice ship, I was on in early September and while I did encounter some issues, I really did like the ship, and of course, as always the crew were tops! Wish I were going again. So just enjoy. Wish you a wonderful cruise.:)

Thank you so much. I will have fun and I WILL be in the sun, I love it!!! The bad thing is, it will be over before I know it and I will be back at my desk the next Monday morning :(

I will be on this cruise on Nov 27.

I have been hearing "mixed emotions" about this ship. Most come off feeling like that it "missed" something. Please be honest as to the feel of the ship, crew, dining.

Yes...can you do a review?:D I see you haven't post since leaving.

Hope you are having fun:):eek::confused:

Let us know how the new check in goes with your S/S cards in the box outside of you cabin. How was the boarding with your boarding pass and passport

Tks:confused::confused:

I got off on the Splendor 10/30, wonderful time, the S/S cards were in our mailbox when we were able to go to our rooms. They are sealed in an envelope. One of our best cruises, did not have any issues at all. Great room steward, and our waiters were so friendly and took good care of us at dinner. Loved the dancing in the dining room. Any other questions just ask.

Joann

Sitting in the airport. Embarkation was terrible, we arrived around 11:30 even though my check in time was earlier, and the people were all over. We had to wait to even enter the building. BOnce inside, we just showed our boarding passes and passports then went upstairs. The priority area was a mess. We stood in line what seemed like forever. They were calling boarding for Zone 4 and we were still in the line. Tey

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

They used our passport photos and some had their pictures taken with the small handheld IPad looking thing. That was causing the holdup, I think. When we finally boarded, we went directly to our cabin and cards were in mailbox and not tampered with. Room was ready.

I had the social media package and it was very slow uploading photos and such but I used messenger to text my son at home and it was fine for that. Second formal night was Grand Cayman night, Wednesday.

I will be on this cruise on Nov 27.

I have been hearing "mixed emotions" about this ship. Most come off feeling like that it "missed" something. Please be honest as to the feel of the ship, crew, dining.

Yes...can you do a review?:D I see you haven't post since leaving.

Hope you are having fun:):eek::confused:

I will post more thoughts when I get home later tonight or more likely tomorrow. Sorry for typos in posts.

Sitting in the airport. Embarkation was terrible, we arrived around 11:30 even though my check in time was earlier, and the people were all over. We had to wait to even enter the building. BOnce inside, we just showed our boarding passes and passports then went upstairs. The priority area was a mess. We stood in line what seemed like forever. They were calling boarding for Zone 4 and we were still in the line. Tey

Did you have FTTF? What time did you actually get to board? We are sailing Dec 4th and have a 10:30 - 11am "check in" time, but no FTTF. Curious to find out how long before we are called to board.

Did you have FTTF? What time did you actually get to board? We are sailing Dec 4th and have a 10:30 - 11am "check in" time, but no FTTF. Curious to find out how long before we are called to board.

We did not have FTTF but are platinum. I would say we boarded right around noon. YMMV. Each cruise can vary though, depending on circumstances. I would check in in the earlier time frame and you should be able to get a low boarding zone number tag.