Do you live in DFW and are you cruising soon on Carnival Conquest?

Bookster99

I am trying to get one of those Carnival Conquest figurines to commemorate my wife and I's trip back in 2010 and 2012 on that venerable ship. Apparently, they are hard to find! I am looking for someone who lives in the area who is going on the conquest and might be willing to pick up a figurine for me.

Thanks in advance! You'll love the ship!

DFW? Isn't that an airport? Last time I checked, people don't live in airports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For us folks that live here DFW refers to the entire Dallas-Ft Worth Metroplex not just the airport.

For us folks that live here DFW refers to the entire Dallas-Ft Worth Metroplex not just the airport.

That's so odd. I've never, ever heard of someone referring to a city or metropolitan area by the local airport's abbreviation. I live near Boston, but we certainly don't refer to this area as BOS. I also love near Manchester, NH and again, we don't call the area MHT. It would sound so strange to do so. I think I'm your case it's just a coincidence that the abbreviation for your area is the same as the abbreviation for the airport.

Edited by bakersdozen12

Are we talking ship?

I'll be on the Conquest in December. I'd be happy to look for one for you. Do you have a picture of one from another ship so I know what I am looking for?

It's about 12 inches long, and it's... Well, it's the Conquest! They run somewhere between $35 and $50. I'll need to get you some money. Do you live in the DFW area (the community not the airport)? I could meet you at a Starbucks. Otherwise, there's always good old reliable USPS.

And thank you in advance. I really appreciate it.

That's so odd. I've never, ever heard of someone referring to a city or metropolitan area by the local airport's abbreviation. I live near Boston, but we certainly don't refer to this area as BOS. I also love near Manchester, NH and again, we don't call the area MHT. It would sound so strange to do so. I think I'm your case it's just a coincidence that the abbreviation for your area is the same as the abbreviation for the airport.

it won't be the first time DFW residents have been considered odd! We wear the badge proudly.

not odd to those of us who lived there or still live there. DFW is the Dallas-Fort Worth area. It's 2 big cities with so much grown up between them that it's more like one giant city. But we aren't twins like Minneapolis/St Paul.:D

I haven't lived there since the early 80s but we called the area DFW then too. Just easier than saying "Dallas Fort Worth" all the time.

I am trying to get one of those Carnival Conquest figurines to commemorate my wife and I's trip back in 2010 and 2012 on that venerable ship. Apparently, they are hard to find! I am looking for someone who lives in the area who is going on the conquest and might be willing to pick up a figurine for me.

Thanks in advance! You'll love the ship!

Hi Bookster. I don't live around DFW, but I'm going on Conquest Sunday. I will see if they have any Conquest thingys in the gift shop. Have you received any other offers yet? I don't want to duplicate as I really have no need for one of those. :-) Does it look something like this but its the Conquest?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MS-FASCINATION-1994-Ships-Model-Carnival-Cruise-Lines-/371777721241?hash=item568fadd399:g:PIMAAOSwo4pYF56K

Edited by winddawn

Hi Bookster. I don't live around DFW, but I'm going on Conquest Sunday. I will see if they have any Conquest thingys in the gift shop. Have you received any other offers yet? I don't want to duplicate as I really have no need for one of those. :-) Does it look something like this but its the Conquest?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MS-FASCINATION-1994-Ships-Model-Carnival-Cruise-Lines-/371777721241?hash=item568fadd399:g:PIMAAOSwo4pYF56K

Yes! That is the exact thing! Except Conquest! I have had others say they can help, but not who are leaving this quickly.

Ain't that the truth!!! Don't you dare refer to someone from Fort Worth as "being from Dallas" :D:D:D

Uh-oh! Have I stepped in it now????:eek:

• 1 month later...

Bookster99, my family and I will be on the December 23rd sailing on the Conquest. I live in the Houston area. I would be happy to look for and purchase your Conquest replica. It would only take a day or so for me to send to you via priority mail.

We were just at the Cowboys game for Thanksgiving and will be in Dallas again next Sunday (the 18th) for the Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay game.

Just let me know and we can discuss off the board.