Guarantee assignments for Regal P. on Nov 6th and 13th.

septrack

Our cabin assignment for the November 13th sailing on the Regal came through last Thursday. We booked an MC guarantee and that was exactly what we got. So it seems like they are working on it and you probably won't have to wait much longer - good luck!

Our cabin assignment for the November 13th sailing on the Regal came through last Thursday. We booked an MC guarantee and that was exactly what we got. So it seems like they are working on it and you probably won't have to wait much longer - good luck!

I'm happy for you that you got your cabin assignment It does seem strange that they closed out the Nov 13th trip before the Nov 6th one. Also, I'm not sure whether the B2B slowed the decisions or not. I wonder if the Oct 27th trip on the Regal has all cabins assigned yet, or will it be done at the pier?

Mark: Sorry you are still waiting. Have you given Princess a call? during our last cruise, we booked the same category as you, and didn't receive a room # for a while. I think a few weeks prior to sailing, I called Princess and the agent told me the same we all know: "it could be anytime, blah, blah:rolleyes:"

However, that same afternoon we were assigned E617 (Obstructed Deluxe Balcony)

Interesting to see Marie's assignment was the same cabin, a few decks higher.

Good luck. I booked our guarantee cabin last week for a Dec. 3 cruise. I don't expect to know it until probably Thanksgiving. Princess has been much slower to assign guarantees in the past few years than they were a decade ago.

I'm happy for you that you got your cabin assignment It does seem strange that they closed out the Nov 13th trip before the Nov 6th one. Also, I'm not sure whether the B2B slowed the decisions or not. I wonder if the Oct 27th trip on the Regal has all cabins assigned yet, or will it be done at the pier?

You can access bag tags/travel summary in the Personalizer until sailing day.

You will see the cabin assignment there.

Usually never happens at the pier. Its just that people don't check the last few days when the change was in the system already before they arrive at the pier giving the impression that it was done on sailing day.

Princess usually has the sailing cabin assignments finalized at least 24 hours prior to departure.

Can it happen? Yes but not normally. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Nope! 8 days out, and nothing yet! I think I have decided not to use guarantees in the future even though we have done so many times over the years. It's not the uncertainty as to the cabin, but I think they should commit to providing a cabin by a disclosed number of days out. (other than as they say now , boarding.) The new approach of trying to upsell takes away most of the upside. Appreciate the advice about checking the printed boarding pass once the cruise personalizer goes offline, as departure date approaches.

TIA

Nope! 8 days out, and nothing yet! I think I have decided not to use guarantees in the future even though we have done so many times over the years. It's not the uncertainty as to the cabin, but I think they should commit to providing a cabin by a disclosed number of days out. (other than as they say now , boarding.) The new approach of trying to upsell takes away most of the upside. Appreciate the advice about checking the printed boarding pass once the cruise personalizer goes offline, as departure date approaches.

TIA

Mike, have you tried calling?

We are happy campers now! Princess just called with a move over offer for us. We were in an unobstructed std balcony. The offer was if we would take an obstructed view std balcony, they would give us a refundable credit worth 50% of the cost of the 14 day cruise. We jumped at it. Maybe booking guarantees is worth the wait! (but if you asked me yesterday, not so much).

Cheers!

We are happy campers now! Princess just called with a move over offer for us. We were in an unobstructed std balcony. The offer was if we would take an obstructed view std balcony, they would give us a refundable credit worth 50% of the cost of the 14 day cruise. We jumped at it. Maybe booking guarantees is worth the wait! (but if you asked me yesterday, not so much).

Cheers!

A Move over offer so that you are going on another date or did they ask if you would change cabin categories on your current sailing?

Either way, that's great! Enjoy!

Cheers!

Great things happen to those who wait!

Congrats! and enjoy your cruise!

Cruisers Who get sea sick what is the best thing to take or have on hand. I've never been sick but this is the first cruise for my grandkids and their moms are wanting to know

Kathie

My DW takes meclizine. But it is only for 12 years and older. Some ship crew told us, instead of buying medicine onboard, they eat apple or drink ginger ale.

Cruisers Who get sea sick what is the best thing to take or have on hand. I've never been sick but this is the first cruise for my grandkids and their moms are wanting to know

Kathie

I got seasick on a cruise while pregnant. Since I was not allowed to take any of the usual anti nausea drugs, I took ginger pills. They did the trick for me.