Guarantee assignments for Regal P. on Nov 6th and 13th.

septrack

Hi All,

As a long time Princess cruiser I know how guarantee cabin assignments work for the most part. However, always in the past when we booked 3-4 months out cabin assignments came shortly after final payment (I know they can come anytime up to actual boarding, but this has been our experience). This time however we are still waiting 70 days out. Now we are booked on a 14 day (two 7 day B2b). I saw that another Regal cruiser had been assigned his cabin 3 weeks ago for the cruise immediately prior to our first leg, so assumed ours would happen soon. Now I'm wondering if the B2B is delaying it. Silly me thought that it only made sense to assign any B2B cabins prior to each independent week, since cabins available for both weeks were more rare. Maybe Princess in their infinite wisdom, does thing differently. So my question. Has anyone sailing a guarantee on Nov 6th or Nov 13th Regal Cruises, been assigned their cabins? No big deal, but curious minds with too much time on their hands want to know!

TIA,

Mark

Hi All,

As a long time Princess cruiser I know how guarantee cabin assignments work for the most part. However, always in the past when we booked 3-4 months out cabin assignments came shortly after final payment (I know they can come anytime up to actual boarding, but this has been our experience). This time however we are still waiting 70 days out. Now we are booked on a 14 day (two 7 day B2b). I saw that another Regal cruiser had been assigned his cabin 3 weeks ago for the cruise immediately prior to our first leg, so assumed ours would happen soon. Now I'm wondering if the B2B is delaying it. Silly me thought that it only made sense to assign any B2B cabins prior to each independent week, since cabins available for both weeks were more rare. Maybe Princess in their infinite wisdom, does thing differently. So my question. Has anyone sailing a guarantee on Nov 6th or Nov 13th Regal Cruises, been assigned their cabins? No big deal, but curious minds with too much time on their hands want to know!

TIA,

Mark

Might want to post this on the roll call board and ask.

We have quite a chat going on for November 13th.

Julie

Bottom line is they do it when they do it. Did you book as one 14 day cruise or two 7 day. If the latter you may not get the same cabin for the two legs.

Booked it as a 14 day cruise. We always have been assigned the same cabin when booking this way instead of two 7 days. I guess they can do what they want, but I wouldn't be pleased to have to move cabins (unless one was a major upgrade) given they sold it as a 14 day trip.

Hope that itch get scratched for you soon:) I know its hard to wait. We are 3-weeks out from our cruise on the Royal, its been sold out for weeks, but still no cabin assignment. The only reason why I'm a little anxious is because we have a BY Guarantee. Never booked a balcony cabin that is "partially obstructed" before. What I THOUGHT that meant, and what apparently it can mean are very different. I don't think I'll be too pleased if I open the balcony door and all I have is a lovely view of a life boat right in my face. I would like to know just so its one less thing to be stressing about.

Out of our 5 original ports, 3 were cancelled and replaced with less desirable ports (IMO), and for a 4th port, our day was shortened from a full day to a half day. Even our sea day got moved. This has played havoc with planning.

We sail in 12 days on the Regal Transatlantic. Booked a deluxe balcony guarantee and are still waiting for our cabin. A rep. at Princess told me it could be as late as our arrival at the ship before we know what cabin we are in.

It is almost never when you arrive for check in.

It will be up to 24 hours prior.

Just log in and look at either your travel summary/bag tags, they will reflect the cabin assignment.

You can do this up to sailing day.

Hope that itch get scratched for you soon:) I know its hard to wait. We are 3-weeks out from our cruise on the Royal, its been sold out for weeks, but still no cabin assignment. The only reason why I'm a little anxious is because we have a BY Guarantee. Never booked a balcony cabin that is "partially obstructed" before. What I THOUGHT that meant, and what apparently it can mean are very different. I don't think I'll be too pleased if I open the balcony door and all I have is a lovely view of a life boat right in my face. I would like to know just so its one less thing to be stressing about.

Out of our 5 original ports, 3 were cancelled and replaced with less desirable ports (IMO), and for a 4th port, our day was shortened from a full day to a half day. Even our sea day got moved. This has played havoc with planning.

If you are worried about the obstruction you should have booked a GTY that was not obstructed. ;)

If you are worried about the obstruction you should have booked a GTY that was not obstructed. ;)

I really don't care. I have stayed in many an interior cabin in my day. However, when I booked this cruise, balconies were actually cheaper than interiors, so I thought I was getting a great deal and was willing to gamble on the balcony. I would like to have a view, and not have a lifeboat positioned in such a way that the balcony is just wasted space-A fully obstructed balcony (Which shouldn't even be sold IMO) isn't going to make or break my enjoyment of a trip. However, we (That would be my fellow passengers and I) have already had Naples cancelled due to overcrowding at the port (Elba was substituted) and our day in Sicily shortened to accounted for the greater distance to Elba. Kusadasi and Malta were cancelled last week and substituted with Kotor and Corfu. A lot of planning of tours, etc. were all for naught, and two of the three stops I really, really wanted to go to, we're not going. I would like to have a surprise, and I would like it to be a good one.

Hope that itch get scratched for you soon:) I know its hard to wait. We are 3-weeks out from our cruise on the Royal, its been sold out for weeks, but still no cabin assignment. The only reason why I'm a little anxious is because we have a BY Guarantee. Never booked a balcony cabin that is "partially obstructed" before.

You could get upgraded to a BW or BV and still have an obstructed balcony.

Obstructed view balcony cabins do not have life boats blocking your outward view. The life boats will be below so you can't seedirectly downwards. Some obstructed view balcony cabins have solid steel railings instead of glass.

Obstructed view balcony cabins do not have life boats blocking your outward view. The life boats will be below so you can't seedirectly downwards. Some obstructed view balcony cabins have solid steel railings instead of glass.

However there are some that have Davits and other upright rigging/safety equipment that can substantially block the view.

Thanks for everyone's input! Sounds like it might be a while, unlike in past years. It seems Princess is using more "Move up" offers, which probably means waiting till late before assigning cabins.

Mark

Mark,

Please keep us posted. We are in a BY(obstructed balcony) guarantee on the Regal Christmas cruise. Wishing you a great cabin or a fabulous upsell offer.

Marie

• 1 month later...

I was asked to keep people informed so here it is. NO CHANGE. 25 days out and still no assignment. Might be because we are doing a B2B, but I would have thought they would deal with those before each individual cruise since finding a cabin for both weeks may be harder. Really no big deal, but it would be nice to know. Has anybody cruising close to Nov 6th and 13th on the Regal been assigned cabins yet? Thanks!

I was asked to keep people informed so here it is. NO CHANGE. 25 days out and still no assignment. Might be because we are doing a B2B, but I would have thought they would deal with those before each individual cruise since finding a cabin for both weeks may be harder. Really no big deal, but it would be nice to know. Has anybody cruising close to Nov 6th and 13th on the Regal been assigned cabins yet? Thanks!

Mark, thanks for the update. I am sorry to hear you are still waiting. I am too, but, my cruise on the Regal is not until Dec. 18. Has anyone on your Roll Call been assigned yet?

Marie

We and others on the regal oct 22 are still waiting.:confused:

We were JUST assigned for our Regal Christmas sailing. We booked an obstructed balcony guarantee at a terrific price, and we have been assigned a deluxe balcony on the Marina Deck, AFT. I was pretty sure we would be assigned Marina deck, but, that is okay. I am an early riser so am not too concerned about noise. I am thrilled to have a couch, near stairs,laundromat and Horizon. It's unclear to me if it is a bigger balcony or the typical french balcony. We are assigned M617. On deck plan it seems to be a straight balcony, so maybe it is not larger. Does anyone know?

Marie

Edited by FlorenceItaly

We're on the November 13th sailing and are still waiting too. We have an MC guarantee that we booked in mid-September. It looks like they are still actively selling that cruise so it might be a while yet before they assign the guarantee cabins.

We almost always book guarantees and our record has been that we've received cabin assignments anywhere from 3 days before the cruise to soon after we booked. For our last cruise to Alaska all mini suites had shown as sold out for months and the assignment was made about 4 weeks before sailing. My TA didn't get a notice of the assignment from Princess, it just appeared on the CP. So keep periodically checking and one of these times you'll find out about your cabin!

I'm on the Crown, not the Regal and cruise is October 20 and still no cabin assignment. Ship is still not sold out so assume waiting to see what's left. It doesn't really matter to us but I'd like to have updated documents printed before we leave. Good luck everyone. :)

Our cabin assignment for our January 19, 2017 sailing on the Royal just appeared in the CP this morning. We booked an MF guarantee and were assigned MB so we are pleased. Still nothing for our November 13, 2016 sailing on the Regal though.

Our cabin assignment for our January 19, 2017 sailing on the Royal just appeared in the CP this morning. We booked an MF guarantee and were assigned MB so we are pleased. Still nothing for our November 13, 2016 sailing on the Regal though.

Great update! Please keep us posted on your November sailing.

Marie