About the party trays

teddyton

Sailing in Feb. with FTTF. I have order party trays and saw that is a "call for delivery" Can I have them delivered on Embark day so I don't have to deal with the crowds so much? And do I just call room service. I would really just like some decompression time before I go and explore.

Thanks

You do have to call to have them delivered. I don't think they have them ready for delivery as some of the times would not "hold" well. We pre ordered a cheese tray for late night snacking. When I called to ask about it, the very kind lady said it would be a few hours. I then just requested next afternoon. She was very applicative that I was willing to wait.

Please, someone assist me but I don't remember if Room Service is on call prior to sail away?

• 1 month later...

Two years ago when I called pre-cruise to order trays I was told we could get them on embarkation day, and to call as soon as we boarded to order as they would require time for preparation. When we arrived early, (we had FTTS,) and called we were informed we could not get them on embarkation day at all. I was informed that trays were only delivered on sea days. I was not very pleased with that little detail, which was left out when I placed my order as I specifically asked, so I was able to negotiate a delivery after our stop in Cozumel.

The presentation and quality were exceptional however. I will probably order them again for our next cruise as we have a special celebration on one of our sea days.

Has anyone had luck getting them delivered on embarkation day? I was hoping to order a couple of these to have during a sail away party we're going to host in our room. Should I try or is it not worth bothering with?

Has anyone had luck getting them delivered on embarkation day? I was hoping to order a couple of these to have during a sail away party we're going to host in our room. Should I try or is it not worth bothering with?

I can't say definitively, but I would think that you would have a hard time getting them on embarkation day. Room Service is essentially closed until sometime in the evening, as all of the RS personnel are involved in helping with embarkation and luggage delivery.

Can you go to the Lido deck.. get some snacks. Chicken tenders, cheese/crackers and etc.

Make up your own tray. And it's free.

Did this for a NFL playoff game..

This is what I did a few weeks ago. Carnival says it could be up to 4 hrs so not worth the risk