Live From the Royal Princess 8 Oct. 2016 Transatlantic

traveling1969

Well, here we go again; off on another Princess adventure. We sailed on the Royal's Inaugural Transatlantic in 2013 and are looking forward to another voyage on her. We've also booked both of the TA's on her next year. She's just coming out of dry dock so we're curious as to any changes. Heard some rumors regarding opening up the center stairs to passengers and we'll report what we find.

No new ports for us on this cruise but we always enjoy revisiting favorite restaurants and venues so it's all good. We have two excursions planned; in Livorno we're doing a bus transfer to and from Pisa through Viator and in Toulon, a Princess excursion to Marseille and Aix en Provence.

We are staying 3 days pre-cruise at the Alibrandi Palace in Civitavecchia. Our transfer from the airport is through Civitavecchia Cab Service. Alibrandi Palace is an elegant B&B only a block and a half from the port. Very nice digs, great breakfast and wonderful staff; a real gem. It's only a short 500 yard bag drag to the port shuttle stop so perfect for us. We plan on taking the train into Rome one day and taking the local bus to Tarquinia the next.

It's time to check in for our flight then a few last minute jobs around the house. We actually finished packing yesterday quite unlike our usual last minute scramble. Might get a chance to post one last time tonight then no posts till we get on board as we never take any "devices" on vacation. Hope that others on the cruise will post here as well. So long for now.

Harry

Harry,

I have enjoyed reading your past reviews. The only difference this time, my wife and I will be joining you on this sailing. We are driving tonight down to Ft Lauderdale and flying from there. We are staying one night in Venice and two nights in Rome before joining the beautiful Royal Princess.

Karen and Andrew

Harry,

I have enjoyed reading your past reviews. The only difference this time, my wife and I will be joining you on this sailing. We are driving tonight down to Ft Lauderdale and flying from there. We are staying one night in Venice and two nights in Rome before joining the beautiful Royal Princess.

Karen and Andrew

Safe travels and see you on board.

Harry

Harry,

Karen and Andrew

Now, that's what I call a great pre-cruise itinerary!

Norris

Well, here we go again; off on another Princess adventure. We sailed on the Royal's Inaugural Transatlantic in 2013 and are looking forward to another voyage on her. We've also booked both of the TA's on her next year. She's just coming out of dry dock so we're curious as to any changes. Heard some rumors regarding opening up the center stairs to passengers and we'll report what we find.

No new ports for us on this cruise but we always enjoy revisiting favorite restaurants and venues so it's all good. We have two excursions planned; in Livorno we're doing a bus transfer to and from Pisa through Viator and in Toulon, a Princess excursion to Marseille and Aix en Provence.

We are staying 3 days pre-cruise at the Alibrandi Palace in Civitavecchia. Our transfer from the airport is through Civitavecchia Cab Service. Alibrandi Palace is an elegant B&B only a block and a half from the port. Very nice digs, great breakfast and wonderful staff; a real gem. It's only a short 500 yard bag drag to the port shuttle stop so perfect for us. We plan on taking the train into Rome one day and taking the local bus to Tarquinia the next.

It's time to check in for our flight then a few last minute jobs around the house. We actually finished packing yesterday quite unlike our usual last minute scramble. Might get a chance to post one last time tonight then no posts till we get on board as we never take any "devices" on vacation. Hope that others on the cruise will post here as well. So long for now.

Harry

Have a great cruise... we are booked on the Royal for 2017, leave Barcelona on october 17.... love those TAs.

Now, that's what I call a great pre-cruise itinerary!

Norris,

We are looking forward to our first trip to Venice and Rome. This will be our first TA. I enjoy reading your in depth reviews especially your review of Alaska. I was on the Star at the end of June from Whittier to Vancouver. I did a diy 5 day land tour before cruising. Alaska is so beautiful, I can't to go back. Looking forward to the rest of your review. Getting to board for out flight to Venice via Newark.

Andrew