WHAT ARE YOUR TIPS regarding Regal Cabins

hugger

There are always some things that we don't know about cruise ship cabins it seems. Like where is the best place to stow your luggage?

How do you get more water pressure in the shower? Keep the Shower curtain in place?

Are there any extra electrical outlets anywhere?

How about hidden storage?

Do they still offer egg crates for the beds and how do you request them - I can no longer find it on the website.

are the walls metal? wondering about magnet's to hold things in place?

Any tips and hints would be appreciated. It's our first time on this large a ship. We have sailed the smaller ships and the Grand class several times.

Looking forward to what CC'er's have to suggest

THANKS ALL

What are your favorite food items in any of the venue's?

Not to miss dishes

What are your favorite drinks? either alcohol or coffee/tea we have the SIP AND SAIL PACKAGE

I know I love the hot chocolate at the speciality coffee bar

can't wait to hear what everyone loves and is not to be missed

There are always some things that we don't know about cruise ship cabins it seems. Like where is the best place to stow your luggage?

How do you get more water pressure in the shower? Keep the Shower curtain in place?

Do they still offer egg crates for the beds and how do you request them - I can no longer find it on the website.

are the walls metal? wondering about magnet's to hold things in place?Any tips and hints would be appreciated. It's our first time on this large a ship. We have sailed the smaller ships and the Grand class several times.

THANKS ALL

-Luggage stores well under the bed.

-Water pressure is what it is. We had no problem on the Regal.

-Shower is deeper with a ledge to rest your foot that DW appreciated. We have not had issues with keeping the shower curtain in place on our cruises each on the Pacific.

-There should be a 220V European outlet under the bed by the bathroom, but the nightstand light is plugged in there.

-Not "hidden" but there is a shelf in the closet above the clothes rod with a lot of room.

-We don't do egg crates but we found the bed comfortable.

-Walls are metal

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What are your favorite food items in any of the venue's?

Not to miss dishes

What are your favorite drinks? either alcohol or coffee/tea we have the SIP AND SAIL PACKAGE

I know I love the hot chocolate at the speciality coffee bar

can't wait to hear what everyone loves and is not to be missed

-Alfredo's is nice with the expanded menu and no charge.

-The Regal has complementary hot chocolate from dispensers in the HC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

are the walls metal? wondering about magnet's to hold things in place?

Any tips and hints would be appreciated. It's our first time on this large a ship. We have sailed the smaller ships and the Grand class several times.

THANKS ALL

Very very small bathrooms and balconies.

Some great value balcony cabins on Emerald deck that aren't obstructed giving nice access to decks 5 thru 7. The balconies are adequate as well as the bathrooms giving more space to the living portion of the cabin.

Horizon Court/Bistro are is awesome with a great layout and a surprising amount of different cuisines.

On the Regal (can't include the Royal any more since the center staircase is now open to passengers!) I prefer a cabin near the forward elevators/stairs. Especially if you are on Deck 8, very easy to pop down the stairs to the International café and other areas in the piazza. We take the stairs frequently so a mid-ship cabin would not suit our needs on this ship.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Say it isn't so!!!

Thank you IECAL CRUISER for your helpful tips - looking forward to Alfredo's for sure.

You will enjoy Alfredos. I also liked the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar on the Royal.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Two extra charge restaurants/meals that we really enjoyed:

• the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar
    • "Ocean Terrace seafood bar will indulge those who love treats from the sea. The bar offers an array of à la carte ocean treasures, including a flight of oyster shooters, fresh sushi and sashimi, ahi tuna poke, king crab cocktail, chili and lime crab margarita, a royal lobster dish, a chilled seafood sampler, and the world-renowned smoked Balik salmon, the salmon of the tsars. (A la carte pricing)"

[*]the Wine Maker's Dinner

• "Wine cellar specialty menus developed in conjunction with noted winemakers have been designed to especially to pair with matching wines. Menu items include classic carved meats such as crown of veal rack, lamb Baron and veal rack a l’Orlov. Cover charge: $40"
    • Sign up right away for the dinner since it is only offered once or twice a cruise (http://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/video/cruise-ships/regal-royal-tours/wine-makers-dinner.html). If they had offered it three times (each different menu) on our 20 day B2B on the Royal Princess last year we would have signed up for all three - and that was the general consensus of the rest of the guests at our dinner. The food, wine, service and ambiance was that good!

Check out the retreat area after the bar closes (7:30 or so). It is usually very quiet and you can grab a hot tub to yourself and view the stars.

Far forward balconies are HUGE and come with reclining loungers with ottomans...easy to take an afternoon nap. The slanted front of the balcony protects you from wind as you snooze.

Alfredos is good for embarkation lunch. Since cabins are not usually ready on this ship till 1 pm, go straight there after boarding. Plenty of space for carry on.

As mentioned, most balconies on the Royal and Regal are quite small... with the exception of the aft owner's suites. These balconies are huge... they wrap around the side of the ship. We love these cabins as we eat always eat lunch or dinner on our balcony! (Two of the better suite perks for us are the ability to order off the MDR menus for lunch or dinner and Sabatini's for breakfast (#1 Perk)). Also we love to have friends over to share a UBD... lots of room at a large table and, of course, great views! 😍😍😍😍😍😍

Some great value balcony cabins on Emerald deck that aren't obstructed giving nice access to decks 5 thru 7. The balconies are adequate as well as the bathrooms giving more space to the living portion of the cabin.

Horizon Court/Bistro are is awesome with a great layout and a surprising amount of different cuisines.

of those Deluxe Balconies with the added room and a small sofa. Even grabbed one of the mid ship balconies for a bit more room.

Will check out Bellini's and the Veal with cream sauce YUM. Good to know we can get the special coffee's in the Pastry shop too. We have the SIP N Sail promo so unlimited drinks and coffee's etc

THANK you ALL for your tips - we only have 8 days to go before we board

so EXCITED :)

For steak lovers, ask for the 24 oz. tomahawk cut ribeye cooked Black and Blue. :)

Does that ever sound DELICIOUS!!!

There is something about I read to about ordering your steak Pittsburgh Style I believe it was - Saw in on the HAL board last year.

Does that ever sound DELICIOUS!!!

There is something about I read to about ordering your steak Pittsburgh Style I believe it was - Saw in on the HAL board last year.

Black and Blue, Pittsburg Style, Chicago Style all the same. Charred outside, rare inside.

On my last Princess cruise, I ordered 24 oz. tomahawk cut ribeye with double lobster tails for dinner in the Crown Grill. Delicious .

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Black and Blue, Pittsburg Style, Chicago Style all the same. Charred outside, rare inside.

On my last Princess cruise, I ordered 24 oz. tomahawk cut ribeye with double lobster tails for dinner in the Crown Grill. Delicious .

Thanks for clarifying the styles the same for me. We are originally from the Midwest probably WHY I like that style of steak I guess.