What makes Cheers Program worth it?

My hubby & I are getting ready to embark on a cruise without our kiddos. We are not big drinkers but we plan to try some different drinks. He would mainly drink beer & I would like to try different frozen drinks, martinis, shots & wines. I think the only reason it would be beneficial is if I were to try the more expensive wines that I would otherwise never get. Just not sure if it's worth $500 to try it all. What if I don't like any of it?! 😜 I would hate to waste all that money. Any non-big drinkers who benefit from the program?

$500 is that for a 5 day cruise? The simplest Cheers solution is, if you are drinker buy it, if not don't. We will consume a Bloody Mary before breakfast, a mimosa with breakfast and 3 beers before 2 pm. We are almost even and have not even started happy hour.

search 'cheers' on this forum and you will find tons of threads and posts to help you make this decision.

as far as beer is concerned, each fosters is about 2 beer, so hubby could have more than a 30 pack a day available to him. or 15 16oz of several domestic brands, or 15 12 oz imports.

as far as your concern - if you try something you dont like, you could toss it and get another.

non-alcoholic drinks - coffee, water, virgin drinks, even milkshakes are all included now.

there are 'break-even' charts, etc. in threads here.

it's a personal decision and you're the only one that can make it. it works for me. it might not for you.

For me what makes Cheers worth it is the peace of mind of not worrying about a drink budget. One price and it is done. Might or might not break even but won't go over the budget. Also it seems to make me more likely to try something new. Found out last cruise that I don't like Mojitos and when I tried it and didn't like it, I just put it down and ordered something else without feeling like I wasted the money. As another poster put it, it is a personal decision and what works for me someone else might find dumb.

search 'cheers' on this forum and you will find tons of threads and posts to help you make this decision.

as far as beer is concerned, each fosters is about 2 beer, so hubby could have more than a 30 pack a day available to him. or 15 16oz of several domestic brands, or 15 12 oz imports.

as far as your concern - if you try something you dont like, you could toss it and get another.

non-alcoholic drinks - coffee, water, virgin drinks, even milkshakes are all included now.

there are 'break-even' charts, etc. in threads here.

it's a personal decision and you're the only one that can make it. it works for me. it might not for you.

Didn't you do a review of a sailing where you compared doing and not doing cheers?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For me what makes Cheers worth it is the peace of mind of not worrying about a drink budget. One price and it is done. Might or might not break even but won't go over the budget. Also it seems to make me more likely to try something new. Found out last cruise that I don't like Mojitos and when I tried it and didn't like it, I just put it down and ordered something else without feeling like I wasted the money. As another poster put it, it is a personal decision and what works for me someone else might find dumb.

That's the crossroads I'm coming to. I could pay OOP per drink but I would feel obligated to drink it even if I didn't like it. With cheers, I could try anything without worrying if I'm going to like it. Ahhh, decisions, decisions....

We have found that our break even point is 6-7 drinks a day. This does not include water, coffee, milkshakes, etc. We have come out better every time we have used Cheers and we never hit the 15 maximum. Basically, it saves us money we would have spent any way.

Plus, we only drink premium now!

My hubby & I are getting ready to embark on a cruise without our kiddos. We are not big drinkers but we plan to try some different drinks. He would mainly drink beer & I would like to try different frozen drinks, martinis, shots & wines. I think the only reason it would be beneficial is if I were to try the more expensive wines that I would otherwise never get. Just not sure if it's worth $500 to try it all. What if I don't like any of it?! 😜 I would hate to waste all that money. Any non-big drinkers who benefit from the program?

If you do get Cheers, make sure you ask for your drinks to be made with "top shelf" brands.

As an example, if you order a vodka & soda, make sure you ask for Grey Goose VX & soda.;)

For the Cheers, are all drinks included in the 15 maximum or just alcohol drinks? I would assume milkshakes and specialty coffees would be included in it, but just wondering about soda and water.

Only alcoholic drinks count in the 15 drink limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My hubby & I are getting ready to embark on a cruise without our kiddos. We are not big drinkers but we plan to try some different drinks. He would mainly drink beer & I would like to try different frozen drinks, martinis, shots & wines. I think the only reason it would be beneficial is if I were to try the more expensive wines that I would otherwise never get. Just not sure if it's worth $500 to try it all. What if I don't like any of it?! [emoji12] I would hate to waste all that money. Any non-big drinkers who benefit from the program?

It really can be answered by simple math. No one here knows you drinking habits.

My hubby & I are getting ready to embark on a cruise without our kiddos. We are not big drinkers but we plan to try some different drinks. He would mainly drink beer & I would like to try different frozen drinks, martinis, shots & wines. I think the only reason it would be beneficial is if I were to try the more expensive wines that I would otherwisOnly you know how much you are going to drink.:confused:

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but when I was deciding whether or not to get it, I learned that wine at the MDr was not included

In the package. Since the original questioner asked about wines, I wanted to add this information. I am primarily a wine drinker with dinner so the program did not work for me . Unless I misunderstood the package. Would love enlightenment.

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but when I was deciding whether or not to get it, I learned that wine at the MDr was not included

In the package. Since the original questioner asked about wines, I wanted to add this information. I am primarily a wine drinker with dinner so the program did not work for me . Unless I misunderstood the package. Would love enlightenment.

That's good to know! I was thinking that would be included as well. I am really leaving more on the OOP side, simply because I don't see myself drinking more than the 5-6 (or more) needed to break even per day. I do want to try several new things though. So hopefully I don't regret it.

You can get a glass of wine outside the dining room and carry it in with you. Another thing to think about is if you are trying new things and don't like something there is less guilt to finish it. Plus you can get specialty coffee, shakes, gator aid, energy drinks

You can also pay for cheers on line ahead of time... so if you are on a budget, pay in advance.. it is also cheaper on line than buying when you board We love the program even more since the upgrades that include the coffee bar, milkshakes, energy drinks...etc... now when we board the only expense I have is pictures.. wish we could get a cheers like plan for those LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where does it state that glasses of wine in the mdr is excluded? I can see that bottle discounts are excluded, but no where on the rules do I read anything about glasses at dinner

Grrr

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Unless they've changed things, I've been with friends who had Cheers and ordered wine at dinner. I'm sure it was included. This is the first time I've heard of it not being included. It wouldn't make sense to me.

Unless they've changed things, I've been with friends who had Cheers and ordered wine at dinner. I'm sure it was included. This is the first time I've heard of it not being included. It wouldn't make sense to me.

Glasses of wine in MDR are included with Cheers.

Bottles are 25% off with the program