Mini bar set-up question

chloe45

We always trade the little liquor bottles for all Vodka and the sodas for diet coke. Can we swap the beer for liquor too? DH used to drink an occasional beer but he's kind of off that now. I lost my taste for beer years ago.

Beer can only be swapped for soda or water and not liquor!

What do you get for the mini bar set up being Elite.

All from the Princess website, a wealth of information....

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine valued at $40 or less.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

https://book.princess.com/captaincir...elite_mini-Bar

Actually you can swap out your beer for the 50ml liquor on a 1 for 1 base. I have been doing it with no problem.

I'm not elite so have no actual experience but the above makes sense to me as it's essentially the same amount of alcohol. Have you done this on multiple ships?

We always trade the little liquor bottles for all Vodka and the sodas for diet coke. Can we swap the beer for liquor too? DH used to drink an occasional beer but he's kind of off that now. I lost my taste for beer years ago.

Yes, you can switch beer for liquor. We just did it on the Regal. Changed the beer for gin.

I'm not elite so have no actual experience but the above makes sense to me as it's essentially the same amount of alcohol. Have you done this on multiple ships?

I have done this on many Princess ships.

They will swap alcohol for alcohol. (doesn't matter what kind as they treat beer and liquor equally)

And non alcohol for non alcohol.

Mike:)

In my experience as an Elite in a full suite on several cruises I have always had to call room service if I was to get the second mini-bar setup.

In my experience it's been 50-50. Sometime we get the two set-ups the first day and sometimes we have to asked. Of course it's easy if it's if we get it the first day because we only have to do the swap out once.

In my experience it's been 50-50. Sometime we get the two set-ups the first day and sometimes we have to asked. Of course it's easy if it's if we get it the first day because we only have to do the swap out once.

That has been our experience as well.

Mike:)