Tips on food must haves!

Shebbieal

MDR: (appetizer) puff pastry with some spinach inside, on a puddle of

ementhal cheese sauce. Somewhat mild, but just delicious.:D

Murano (soup) lobster bisque (not everyone likes this, but the more you eat the better it tastes), (appetizer) goat cheese souffle, (main) sole Veronique.

Bill

Try it all! We were big cruisers on RCCL, and after moving over to Celebrity, the food is way better. And we loved the food on RCCL, so you're in for some great dining.

Personally, I love the escargot, the salmon tapenade and the afternoon sushi in the buffet.

The set-up of the buffet is really good and I like to go there for a quick lunch (if I don't actually skip lunch....). My favorite thing to do is grab some fresh undressed greens - spinach leaves, mixed greens, iceberg ------ and then some vinaigrette in a cup on the side. I add some more veggies and then get some grilled chicken, fresh from the grill. Yes I walk around with my plate to get just the right things I want. We never eat dinner type food at lunch as it's just too much. Sometimes we :eek: even skip lunch altogether!

Another lunch go-to is outside at the Mast Grill. The burgers are great. I get them bun-less with lots of caramelized onions and sautéed mushrooms. Then I head back inside for a big scoop of guacamole. Oh, don't forget the fries. I grab an apple from the tray in the cabin and that's really a great lunch.

At Cafe al Bacio they have some great cookies and desserts. We've skipped dessert in the dining room before and instead split a piece of carrot cake in the cafe. I also may stop by for some of the cookies during the afternoon. Usually my plan is to bring them back to the cabin, but they may or may not make it back there.

Hm....we love Tuscan Grill. Don't miss it. The filet is the best I've had on the ship. The salads are great and they have the best (outside of Luminae) breads. Their Caesar salad is better than the rest of the ship, although I've heard it's pretty awesome in Luminae. I'll get to try that in November.

If you're in Blu, the short ribs and the lamb shanks are wonderful. I haven't eaten in the main dining room in years so I don't know what's good there anymore.

All the deserts at the cafe are free...the carrot cake or carrot muffin are amazing!

Sailing Celebrity for first time. On Reflection in December.

What are food/snack must haves? Like Coconut Ranger cookies for a snack on RCCL, or Garlic Tiger Shrimp in main dining room on RCCL.

Thanks

Sherry

We are eager omnivores and have rarely been displeased with Celebrity's (or Azamara's) food. One item I would avoid, however, is the gumbo. It's not bad vegetable soup, but it's not even close to gumbo, despite adding liberal amounts of Tabasco. Ever optimistic, we have tried it 3 times on Solstice cruises, once on Infinity and twice on Azamara Journey. It's always the same. Like remarriage, the triumph of hope over experience.

Have to agree that Celebrity Escargot is great. But DW (who is quite a chef) argues that if you put that much garlic and butter on anything (even cardboard) it will taste great :). That being said she also loves the Escargot.

Hank

The waffles for breakfast. But only when fresh off the iron. With a bit of orange butter and syrup! Yumm!!!

Crying here, we don't have an X cruise till Mar of 17! That's a l o n g wait for my waffle with orange butter (hold the syrup, it's not worth the calories)

Pistachio ice cream. I missed it on our last 14 nighter & mentioned it to the server. She asked my cabin number & that evening a huge bowl of pistachio ice cream arrived. I ate every bite while DH laughed at me moaning

Tuscan is not my favorite specialty, but I have to go back for one pasta dish: Ravioli ai Funghi Selvatici (wild mushroom ravioli with parmesan cream sauce and white truffle oil). Not something I would have chosen, but had it for a wine tasting dinner there and now I'm hooked. I have turned many others on to this delectable dish. The lunch is less expensive (seems to be offered at least once a cruise) and it was offered for the last lunch we had there.

Murano's cheese cart, you choose which cheeses you wish to try from a nice selection that gets wheeled from table to table. Never disappoints, especially with the right wine (which they will recommend). Remember to save room since it is served after the entrée - I usually do this and skip dessert.

The gelato is the other thing we splurge on (at the Gelateria at Bistro on 5) - there is an extra charge.

Enjoy your cruise - love Reflection!

In the main dining room, prime rib served on the first evening is excellent. The French Onion soup, which you can get every day, is also wonderful. Their creme brûlée is great.

At the luncheon buffet I never miss the days they serve fish and chips. I like building my own special salad and top it off with shrimp for lunch. I like their luncheon pizza. Their ice cream is made on board and is really good.

Burgers and fries by the pool are good.

You won't go hungry - enjoy your cruise!

The beef burgers at the Mast Grill are my favorite. Freshly made, with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese. And the french fries! With a cold glass of fruit punch. The Mint ice-cream sandwich (between 2 chocolate chip cookies) on Deck 5 is also amazing.

Oh my god I need to book a cruise soon.

Hm....we love Tuscan Grill. Don't miss it. The filet is the best I've had on the ship. The salads are great and they have the best (outside of Luminae) breads. Their Caesar salad is better than the rest of the ship, although I've heard it's pretty awesome in Luminae. I'll get to try that in November.

I loved the table-side preparation of the Ceasar Salad in Tuscan.

The "Filetto di Manzo Rustico" (filet mignon) was nearly divine, especially with the baked pecorino mac and cheese on the side.

I also really loved the Carpaccio di Manzo...but it wasn't completely what I expect from a Carpaccio (dressing, spices and lack of pine nuts)...

I also had some nice things in the MDR...Canard a l'Orange, Turkey Parmesan, BBQ chicken, Pasta Carbonara, ...

....first meal will be in Tuscan.

I will have onion soup, share a portion of the mushroom ravioli with my better half, then follow with ribeye steak, medium, with a small Caesar salad (no veg, need to conserve space) and then the chocolate fondu with bananas and strawberries.

Second night.....

Will a twelve night cruise be long enough to fit in all my favourites? No, book the next cruise!

To add to other good suggestions, for fresh-hot-healthier lunch- head to Aqua Spa Cafe (free) for made to order salmon, shrimp, etc that is served with haricot vert. Here, they also serve chilled fruit soups, soft breadsticks in different flavors, frozen yogurt, healthy grains and salads. Located in the indoor pool area.

The sweets at Al Bacio are always a treat (free). Coconut cake is amazing. And I love the muffins in the morning from here.

If you have a balcony, be sure to have room service serve you breakfast out there at least once. It is a nice experience and away for the breakfast hustle.

And, we always do a late night pasta stop at least once. Around midnight we head up to the buffet where they have made to order pasta and sauces. I tend to get the spaghetti with bolognese, tell them to add a little cream and parm to the sauce. Here, you will get a piping hot treat. We eat it on the back deck while watching the night go by.

IMO- skip the mass produced sushi, watery shrimp cocktail and pizza. All of these items to me are subpar. Even the ice cream everyone raves about can be overly soft and/or have ice crystals. Many a time I have thrown it away. In lieu, I ask for cup of peanut m&ms.

You will do just fine. Plenty of food to go around. Enjoy!