NCL Epic 29 November 2015 Barcelona, Morocco, Canary Islands.

samshltn

Ok I found the bus schedule and the info on buying... new question Kevin, how far is the bus station in Maspalomas to where the camels are? Any ideas on this?

BIG THANK YOU!! :D

The walk from the bus terminus in Maspalomas to the camel ride is about 5 minutes. Here is a link to a map showing the route (I hope)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/27.7389878,-15.598129/27.740447,-15.594882/@27.7399302,-15.5973833,18z?hl=en-US

You may also find this link useful regarding the camel ride.

http://www.camellosafari.com/?page_id=97

Yes' date=' I booked Priscilla (3rd Dec 22:00hrs) and Burn (30th Nov 22:00hrs) yesterday.:D[/color']

All my show times are on the same date but the earlier shows. I'm doing them with the girls. I hope the Burn the Floor doesn't overlap too much with the Dorothy gathering. The first night most people are jet lagged and skip it in awe of the ship, the second night is usually a better attendance! Seems like there's quite a crowd but we've dominated the conversation about the ports! Let's get back to mingling with our fellow GLBT folks and friends of them! :)

Does anyone know when/where the FOD assembly is, please?

I don't want to book anything that conflicts.

NCL typically does theirs between 7 - 8PM. The only ship I was on that was any different than those hours was a ship that had a gay Hotel Director. He's not with the company any more. Otherwise on the newer ships it's always at 7PM at Shaker's Martini Bar. :)

Woohoo! Final payment deadlines have passed for everyone now so how about a roll call... who is still going?!

ME! :D

The final payment deadline is not until next week in the UK, but I paid mine a couple of weeks ago. So no turning back now, I am going!

By the way, can you spot the Epic in this photo? Taken in Cartagena on Monday (21st) as it makes its way to Southampton ahead of its first major refit. I will be in Southampton on Saturday coming and hope to see the Epic sail to France, I will post here any decent photos I get

680128160_EpicCartegena.jpg.8e1eaed9d9573ff0ddf2d3b7c311d914.jpg

The final payment deadline is not until next week in the UK' date=' but I paid mine a couple of weeks ago. So no turning back now, I am going!

By the way, can you spot the Epic in this photo? Taken in Cartagena on Monday (21st) as it makes its way to Southampton ahead of its first major refit. I will be in Southampton on Saturday coming and hope to see the Epic sail to France, I will post here any decent photos I get[/color']

My UK friend just did her final payment this week. Maybe it's because she used a TA versus direct booking? :cool: Thought everyone had to have their payments in by now. This would explain why the e-docs are not ready to go yet though! When those come in then the journey is REAL! :D

Yes, please get pictures of the ship! She's going under the knife and I hope besides the known about venue change and some sprucing up that they do something to really wow the people. She's going to be in for 3 weeks almost so they could really do something extensive to her. Not sure what but it'll be like exploring a new ship once I get on her again! :D

Only 65 more days until I fly out! :)

My UK friend just did her final payment this week. Maybe it's because she used a TA versus direct booking? :cool: Thought everyone had to have their payments in by now. This would explain why the e-docs are not ready to go yet though! When those come in then the journey is REAL! :D

Yes, please get pictures of the ship! She's going under the knife and I hope besides the known about venue change and some sprucing up that they do something to really wow the people. She's going to be in for 3 weeks almost so they could really do something extensive to her. Not sure what but it'll be like exploring a new ship once I get on her again! :D

Only 65 more days until I fly out! :)

Yes I did book direct with NCL London ............ whose call centre is actually in Malta

Wow! Look at all those photos!! THANK YOU for them! It warms my heart on this crisp New England day! :) She's going to have quite the overhaul it sounds like... two new engines and some interior changes. She'll be brand spanking new for us! I can't wait to see what they do to Bliss! I will definitely be following that one for sure. I hope they don't ruin it. Bliss on Epic and Maharinis on Spirit are my two favorite lounges / nightclubs in the NCL fleet!

I don't know if you've been following the Epic's dry dock photos in the main NCL forum but she's looking good. She already has the hole torn in the side of her keel for the two engines they need to yank out and replace. She'll be good as new for our sailing! The people on the next sailing may be on the edge of their seats but we will be good.

Her under belly is also going to get a good painting! :)

We are less than 60 days out now! Hard to believe how fast this year has flown in some respects and crawled in others. :cool:

Where is everyone? We started strong and now we're fizzling! NCL just got voted best in nightlife by Cruise Critic too. One of the only awards they received this go around. :cool: Anyone planning on the newly updated Bliss disco? :)

I don't know if you've been following the Epic's dry dock photos in the main NCL forum but she's looking good. She already has the hole torn in the side of her keel for the two engines they need to yank out and replace. She'll be good as new for our sailing! The people on the next sailing may be on the edge of their seats but we will be good.

Her under belly is also going to get a good painting! :)

We are less than 60 days out now! Hard to believe how fast this year has flown in some respects and crawled in others. :cool:

Where is everyone? We started strong and now we're fizzling! NCL just got voted best in nightlife by Cruise Critic too. One of the only awards they received this go around. :cool: Anyone planning on the newly updated Bliss disco? :)

Bliss on the Epic is one of my favourite venues. It is particularly good on the Atlantic crossings when the crew get permission to join in the fun. On one crossing I did on the Epic there were so many coming along to the FOD get togethers at 19:00hrs in Shakers that a second get together was arranged in Bliss at 23:00hrs.

I have not seen the main NCL forum or any of the photos of the refurb, so I will take a look for it now. Are you able to post a link here? If I find the thread and photos I may copy and post here later.

By the time the Epic returns to Southampton after the refit I will have gone back to my home in Spain, so the next time I will get to see it will be on embarkation day on 29th November.