Tips on food must haves!

Shebbieal

Usually in these types of discussions, someone mentions the lamb. If you're a lamb lover don't miss it, especially the lamb shanks. Also, the smoked salmon omelettes offered at breakfast are excellent. I also like the Indian food selections in the Oceanview Café.

Bon Voyage et Bon Appetit.

Wait!! The fabulous Murano cheese is available through room service?? Is that true on all ships? My husband my weep with joy!

Yes available on Solstice! It was a plate of crackers, grapes and a selection of cheeses from Murano. Not sure if you could pick your cheeses, we didn't ask.

In the blue folder, there was pages of the complimentary room service offerings and then some surcharge items.

Well worth the extra fee. Pic below :)

image222.jpg

When they are carving a fresh ham at the buffet, I always get a plate of the crispy skin, otherwise known as "cracklings." Not for everyone -- seems if I didn't ask for it it would be tossed. Bad for me, but so good. A little salt and I'm a happy man.

Also at the carving board if there is turkey, or any poultry, I always ask the server to turn the bird over and dig out the "oysters." I'm always amazed how few people seem to know about that little morsel, the best meat on any bird. I suppose those who insist on white meat wouldn't go for it, but to me that's a form of self-inflicted punishment.

Edited by jan-n-john

I am DEFINITELY going to try the beef cheeks on our next cruise! B2B on the Summit Oct. 18!
I did try the beef cheeks on last yrs Oct. B2B. Everyone at our table laughed at me when I ordered. I always try new things on a cruise. Yes. the cheeks were tender and beefy. Glad I tried them but not a real fan.

Yes available on Solstice! It was a plate of crackers, grapes and a selection of cheeses from Murano. Not sure if you could pick your cheeses, we didn't ask.

In the blue folder, there was pages of the complimentary room service offerings and then some surcharge items.

Well worth the extra fee. Pic below :)

image222.jpg

Does anyone know if this is available for purchase in regular staterooms or only in Aqua or above? If not, you're missing out on beloved revenue, X!!! ;)

The lamb at the buffet was surprisingly fantastic! In fact, the carving station in general was great.

The gelato / cookie sandwiches on deck 5 are hard to eat, but really worth the mess. Also check out the coconut cake! Better than every desert except Qsine's Tombstone (which you really need to try if you're at all into chocolate).

Murano's cheese selection is a thing of beauty.

The eggs benedict station was fantastic, especially after I found the smoked salmon and could change mine up a bit.

Orange butter is amazing on anything. I stopped by the waffle / pancake station just for a dollop of it.

The pasta station is open most of the day and night and is perfect when you want to eat before most other places are open, or after everything else is closed. They have no problem with customizing your bowl of pasta. The pizza available all of the time is just ok, but it's available as well.

Although the Murano cheese plate is wonderful, the picture of it on this post is dreadful. That sort of cheese should be served with a walnut bread like they do in France. When we get it in Murano with also ask for some truffle honey and quince paste on the side.

Does anyone know if this is available for purchase in regular staterooms or only in Aqua or above? If not, you're missing out on beloved revenue, X!!! ;)

This is available in all staterooms! We weren't aqua when we ordered this. Just regular balcony cabin :)

Although the Murano cheese plate is wonderful, the picture of it on this post is dreadful. That sort of cheese should be served with a walnut bread like they do in France. When we get it in Murano with also ask for some truffle honey and quince paste on the side.

This photo I posted is of the murano room service cheese plate, not the cheese plate you order when dining in murano for a meal.

They are very different, with the room service one pictured being a bit more basic, whereas the one you get when you dine in the restaurant definitely has a bit more of the wow affect and with accompaniments.

We found this US$12-US$15 room service (murano artisan cheese plate) fantastic value to order to our room or to take with us to Cellarmasters, to enjoy with a pre dinner drink.

Excuse the not so great quality of the photo, it was taken after a few wines!

Edited by LuckiePuris

We are 48 days from our Thanksgiving cruise on the Reflection, and I thank all of you for reminding me why I love Celebrity food so much. All the favorites listed here bring back fond memories of our last 7 nighter in Jan 2011...it's just been too long. The lamb dishes in the MDR are some of the meals I look forward to, and the sweet treats, including the ice cream...are on my list of go-to food choices. I am also watching what I eat for the next 30 days, in preparation for our 2 nighter on the Allure leaving 11/6. So many food choices...so little time. Happy cruising all!!!!

I did try the beef cheeks on last yrs Oct. B2B. Everyone at our table laughed at me when I ordered. I always try new things on a cruise. Yes. the cheeks were tender and beefy. Glad I tried them but not a real fan.

I'm with you. I also try new things on a cruise. I had my FIRST escargot on a cruise, my FIRST frog legs, my FIRST sushi, and on and on and on! Beef cheeks are NEXT!:)

Usually in these types of discussions, someone mentions the lamb. If you're a lamb lover don't miss it, especially the lamb shanks. Also, the smoked salmon omelettes offered at breakfast are excellent. I also like the Indian food selections in the Oceanview Café.

Bon Voyage et Bon Appetit.

I am NOT a lamb lover, but I LOVE the lamb chops on Celebrity!

lamb.jpg.f3aef9e42a56897f7b36902e167015ed.jpg

That lobster mac&cheese looks gross!....like it was served before cooking enough....oh well....I live on the wonderful ice cream on x making sure we return from the beach in time for the afternoon serving....don't know if that is fleet wide but what a great treat in the caribbean....

That lobster mac&cheese looks gross!....like it was served before cooking enough....oh well....I live on the wonderful ice cream on x making sure we return from the beach in time for the afternoon serving....don't know if that is fleet wide but what a great treat in the caribbean....

Yup. Hands down the nastiest thing I've had in a while on land or sea. It was completely devoid of cheese. It was like they took the pasta out, tossed in some lobster then poured lukewarm milk into it. Pasta, lobster cereal. Disgusting. Just thought I'd mention it because it sounds good on paper and I'm sure a lot of people order it with high hopes.

It was completely devoid of cheese. It was like they took the pasta out, tossed in some lobster then poured lukewarm milk into it. Pasta, lobster cereal. Disgusting.

"Lobster Cereal", that is quite the description! lol