Question for Bonnie re-Shuttles in Sydney

G2G

All my plans vanished. Well not good at all. We are so sad. It,s not just a day of replanning it is four days for b2b custommers. It,s out of the equation to rents an hotel for four nights, we already strecthed the budget to go with Azamara and to do the trip of our lifetime.

Can't see why having a shuttle is a problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on your plan. What where yours for those four days. Ours was a car rental. there is no car rental at that place. I don,t think we will wait for the shuttle do the ride,pick our car, let our car downtown no later than the last shuttle (no freedom for night out, we had gastronomy restaurant reservation, Aira and Quay) wait for the shuttle and do the ride and repeat for 4 days.

That incident will not spoil my trip but i would have prefer to know that before i paid my final payment, then i would have other options. I love Azamara for the overnights and the ship being close to downtown area. This is why i choose Azamara over another line

DO NOT LET THE SHIP LOCATION IN SYDNEY SPOIL YOU CRUISE

While Circular Quay in Sydney is one of the best locations in the world you will still have a wonderful time in Sydney using Quest as your home at White Bay terminal

Sure, its 5-10 minutes to Darling Harbour or 10-15 minutes to Circular Quay by road or water but so what. For those of you travelling to New Zealand consider

- Dunedin 10-15 minutes by shuttle

- Akaroa (small beautiful town) is 90 minutes by bus to Christchurch

- Picton 10 minute shuttle

So I ask, what is the fuss?

You will still cruise through Sydney Harbour, pass the Opera House and Circular Quay, then under the bridge to White Bay Terminal

I'm confident that Azamara will provide a reliable shuttle service otherwise there are still a number of other options with Taxi the most obvious

If you are on the on the 31st January, 2016 13 night Auckland to Sydney cruise arriving in Sydney on 12th February, 2016 Quest will dock at Circular Quay and then leave on the 13th February, 2016 for the 17 night cruise to Bali (which we will be on)

AND NOW FOR THE GREAT NEWS

White Bay’s new ferry service

Posted on: July 22nd, 2015 by Peter Lynch 1 Comment

Beatrice Bush

From August 2015, cruise passengers will finally be able to take a new ferry service from the city to White Bay Cruise Terminal.

The 15-minute ferry service will be operated by Captain Cook Cruises, which has installed Beatrice Bush – the first Sydney Harbour mobile passenger terminal pontoon – at White Bay.

Anthony Haworth, General Manager of Captain Cook Cruises, told Cruise Critic the installation of Beatrice Bush will be put to good use.

“The cruise market has been crying out for a ferry service for a long time, but one has not been possible due to the lack of docking facilities for ferries. With the construction of Beatrice Bush complete, we can now not only operate our convenient charter ferry service from the city direct to White Bay, but use Beatrice Bush all over the harbour.”

Beatrice Bush will initially be stationed at Glebe Island for the Sydney International Boat Show and afterwards will move to her permanent home at White Bay.

In the wet season, the service will be timed to coincide with all cruise ship arrivals and departures.

Enjoy

An update on my earlier posting

I just spoke to Captain Cook Cruises who stated that the new ferry service to White Bay Terminal is expected to commence 6th November, 2015 but that date may still change to later in November 2015

The ferry with run from both Circular Quay and Darling Harbour to White Bay Terminal with the timetable to be consistent with the ship schedule

The Captain Cook Cruises web site currently records

White Bay Cruise Terminal City Ferry

Inclusions Coming Soon!

Need to know Commencing Soon Operating on Cruise Ship arrival & eparture days - Over 130 departure days per year

Timetable Coming soon

Find Us White Bay Cruise Terminal City Ferry thumbnail

Coming Soon! The easy way to travel between White Bay Cruise Terminal and Circular Quay or Darling Harbour. We are currently waiting on final approval from the Government and as soon as we have this information available, we will be posting full details on all forms of communication including our website, social media and third party distributors. Stay tuned.

More Info

New White Bay Cruise Terminal Ferry - Commencing Soon!

•A new ferry service operating on Cruise Ship arrival & departure days (over 130 days yearly)

Ferries thumbnail

Sydney Harbour rocket ferries are the most fun way to travel to work, school or play. Each day our red and white ferry fleet zooms along the `harbour highway' between Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, Taronga Zoo, Fort Denison, Watsons Bay, Shark Island, Goat Island, Luna Park and Lane Cove.

FREE FERRY SPECIAL

Free with full price attraction entry tickets

•Free Circular Quay - Darling Harbour return rocket ferry with

- SEA Life Sydney Aquarium

- Madame Tussauds

- WILD Life Sydney Zoo

•Free Circular Quay - Manly return sightseeing ferry with

- Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary

•Ferry prices represent free ferry with full priced attraction entry

ZOO EXPRESS FREE UPGRADE

•Purchase the 24 Hour Hop On Hop Off Harbour Explorer and add on Taronga Zoo entry, for the same price as Zoo Express! Price will change at Check-Out.

Taronga Zoo Express

The most fun way to travel to the Zoo. A great savings bundles including return rocket ferry departing Circular Quay or Darling Harbour or Manly and entry to Taronga Zoo and Sky Safari cable car ...

Manly - Circular Quay Sightseeing Ferry

Sightseeing ferry to Manly aboard the rocket ferries - "seven miles from Sydney and a thousand miles from care". This scenic return service will get you to Manly East Wharf from Circular Quay in around 30 minutes via Taronga Zoo and/or Fort Denison ...

Manly - Taronga Zoo Sightseeing Ferry

The most fun and way to travel to the Zoo. Forget sitting in traffic on the way to the Zoo, Rocket ferries depart from Manly (Manly East Wharf) ...

Fort Denison Ferry

Visit the Fort in the middle of Sydney Harbour. A fun and fascinating day for the whole family. Ferries depart from Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, Manly and Watsons Bay ...

Watsons Bay Ferry

Relax and take in the sights as you cruise to work aboard a Rocket Ferry between Watsons Bay and the City. This fantastic new commuter service operates during the Monday to Friday peak ...

Shark Island Ferry

Shark Island is Sydney's most popular picnic island with 360° harbour views. Ferries depart throughout the day from Darling Harbour and Circular Quay ...

Goat Island Ferry & Tours

Join a return ferry and guided tour of Goat Island departing Circular Quay the second Sunday of each month ...

Luna Park Ferry

Luna Park is just for fun! Rocket ferries depart regularly throughout the day from Circular Quay (tickets from Wharf 6) to Sydney's famous amusement park ...

Darling Harbour - Circular Quay Ferries

Rocket ferries depart every 45 minutes from Circular Quay (tickets from Wharf 6) and Darling Harbour (tickets from Pier 26 next to Sydney Aquarium). The journey takes approximately 15 minutes ...

Lane Cove Ferry

Dump the Victoria Road and Epping Road traffic and travel to work between Hunters Hill, Longueville, Northwood, Greenwich, Birchgrove and the City in relaxed comfort on a rocket ferry along the Lane Cove River ...

Darling Harbour Express

Save time and money with a combined rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and entry into your choice of SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo or Madame Tussauds all located at Darling Harbour, or Sydney Tower Eye in the city centre ...

SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium

Come face to face with amazing sea life! Save time and money with a combined rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and entry into SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium located at Darling Harbour ...

WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo Ferry

Come face to face with amazing wild life! Save time and money with a combined rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and entry into WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo located at Darling Harbour ...

Madame Tussauds Sydney Ferry

Come face to face with famous stars! Save time and money with a combined rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and entry into Madame Tussauds Sydney located at Darling Harbour ...

Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary Ferry

Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary is smaller than Darling Harbour is a favourite with locals and visitors alike. The penguin show and the shark diving are a hit with both kids and adults. Visitors have the chance to interact with a wide variety of marine life and see Manly's iconic little penguins. With an abundance of incredible marine life, from cuttlefish, lionfish, baby sharks, seahorses to octopuses, there is much to see at Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary. Save time and money with a combined ferry between Circular Quay and Manly and entry into Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary ...

Sydney Tower Eye Ferry

Get the big picture of Sydney, its harbour, the city and mountains from Sydney Tower! Save time and money with a combined rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and entry into Sydney Tower Eye, located at 100 Market Street, a 500 metre walk from Darling Harbour ...

Combo 2 Attractions FerryJump on a rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour (return) and visit two of Sydney's most popular attractions. Your Combo 2 Attraction Ferry includes entry to any two Merlin attractions - SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo or Madame Tussauds Sydney all located at Darling Harbour, or Sydney Tower Eye in the city centre, plus your return ferry. Visit them both in one day, or up to 30 days from your ferry ...

Combo 3 Attractions Ferry

Jump on a rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour (return) and visit three of Sydney's most popular attractions. Your Combo 3 Attraction Ferry includes entry to any three Merlin attractions - SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo or Madame Tussauds Sydney all located at Darling Harbour, or Sydney Tower Eye in the city centre, plus your return ferry. Visit them all in one day, or up to 30 days from your ferry ...

Ferries do not operate Christmas Day. Special or limited timetables operate on 26 & 31 December, 26 January and selected special events.

Available at additional cost

•Upgrade to the 24-Hour Hop On Hop Off Harbour Pass with free reboarding at Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, Taronga Zoo, Watsons Bay and Luna Park plus optional reboarding at Fort Denison, Shark Island and Manly

Accessibility for people with a Disability Policy

Other Ferry Options

Goat Island Ferry More Info 2nd & 3rd Sunday of each month

Visit the Goat Island Ferry page for cruise and Goat Island guided tour information

White Bay Cruise Terminal City Ferry More Info Coming Soon Coming soon

Visit the White Bay Cruise Terminal City Ferry page for the latest information

Enjoy

All my plans vanished. Well not good at all. We are so sad. It,s not just a day of replanning it is four days for b2b custommers. It,s out of the equation to rents an hotel for four nights, we already strecthed the budget to go with Azamara and to do the trip of our lifetime.

where do you get 4 days- I counted 3 days with 2 nights. .we arrive on the 14th and leave on the 16th at 5 pm. you have never that i can remember seeing posted under the RC about your feelings. i am still thinking about a hotel. also why can you not eat at Quay or Aria and take a taxi? i take one all the time at night?

also being at the Quay in feb does not help in Jan to the nice helpful poster.. i already booked for dinner feb 12th.

I understand your frustrations, you did right to share them here as we now have such helpful advice from MKC that all impacted rather than one roll call can see, thank you and HUGE thanks to MKC

I do not want to add to your pain but I see there is no overnight parking at the terminal whereas CQ had nearby garages. Don't feel bad about being on a budget, the vast majority of Azamara cruisers are and if you were not expecting to pay for taxis or whatever it adds up.

I would try and keep your booking at Aria if you can, it is wonderful though I understand your frustrations at not being able to walk back after.

Let's hope everything else really works for you and you have a great cruise

Edited by uktog

We keep everything, we decided to go with the flow, and the ferry is appealing to me and we will take taxis for restaurants. We will cancel the car. Sometimes when you have a frustrations everything seems black, but you just put some light and we are good to go. Thank you again.

Wow M.K.C!!! as a born Sydneysider (of too many years) I have just learnt a lot!!!what fantastic information. I hope to use some of it soon.

I sincerely hope the ferry shuttle is in place soon and it is reasonably priced.If I could add, my main suggestion is to be awake and out there for the journey through 'The Heads' at the entrance to the harbour and down under the Harbour Bridge hopefully at dawn. You get quite a different aspect to the one later where all the boats and ferries are awake and buzzing about their business! I ticked this off my bucket list recently and it was worth every minute of lost sleep!!!in all our travelling nothing we could compare it to. Hoping leaving Hong Kong on Quest in December might come close?? Enjoy our city.

Wow M.K.C!!! as a born Sydneysider (of too many years) I have just learnt a lot!!!what fantastic information. I hope to use some of it soon.

I sincerely hope the ferry shuttle is in place soon and it is reasonably priced.If I could add, my main suggestion is to be awake and out there for the journey through 'The Heads' at the entrance to the harbour and down under the Harbour Bridge hopefully at dawn. You get quite a different aspect to the one later where all the boats and ferries are awake and buzzing about their business! I ticked this off my bucket list recently and it was worth every minute of lost sleep!!!in all our travelling nothing we could compare it to. Hoping leaving Hong Kong on Quest in December might come close?? Enjoy our city.

Great advice. I'm not sure many had realised the sail in the cruise line is telling them about is so early, could be as early as 5 so hope it is light

An update on my earlier posting

I just spoke to Captain Cook Cruises who stated that the new ferry service to White Bay Terminal is expected to commence 6th November, 2015 but that date may still change to later in November 2015

The ferry with run from both Circular Quay and Darling Harbour to White Bay Terminal with the timetable to be consistent with the ship schedule

The Captain Cook Cruises web site currently records

White Bay Cruise Terminal City Ferry

Inclusions Coming Soon!

Need to know Commencing Soon Operating on Cruise Ship arrival & eparture days - Over 130 departure days per year

Timetable Coming soon

Find Us White Bay Cruise Terminal City Ferry thumbnail

Coming Soon! The easy way to travel between White Bay Cruise Terminal and Circular Quay or Darling Harbour. We are currently waiting on final approval from the Government and as soon as we have this information available, we will be posting full details on all forms of communication including our website, social media and third party distributors. Stay tuned.

More Info

New White Bay Cruise Terminal Ferry - Commencing Soon!

•A new ferry service operating on Cruise Ship arrival & departure days (over 130 days yearly)

Ferries thumbnail

Sydney Harbour rocket ferries are the most fun way to travel to work, school or play. Each day our red and white ferry fleet zooms along the `harbour highway' between Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, Taronga Zoo, Fort Denison, Watsons Bay, Shark Island, Goat Island, Luna Park and Lane Cove.

FREE FERRY SPECIAL

Free with full price attraction entry tickets

•Free Circular Quay - Darling Harbour return rocket ferry with

- SEA Life Sydney Aquarium

- Madame Tussauds

- WILD Life Sydney Zoo

•Free Circular Quay - Manly return sightseeing ferry with

- Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary

•Ferry prices represent free ferry with full priced attraction entry

ZOO EXPRESS FREE UPGRADE

•Purchase the 24 Hour Hop On Hop Off Harbour Explorer and add on Taronga Zoo entry, for the same price as Zoo Express! Price will change at Check-Out.

Taronga Zoo Express

The most fun way to travel to the Zoo. A great savings bundles including return rocket ferry departing Circular Quay or Darling Harbour or Manly and entry to Taronga Zoo and Sky Safari cable car ...

Manly - Circular Quay Sightseeing Ferry

Sightseeing ferry to Manly aboard the rocket ferries - "seven miles from Sydney and a thousand miles from care". This scenic return service will get you to Manly East Wharf from Circular Quay in around 30 minutes via Taronga Zoo and/or Fort Denison ...

Manly - Taronga Zoo Sightseeing Ferry

The most fun and way to travel to the Zoo. Forget sitting in traffic on the way to the Zoo, Rocket ferries depart from Manly (Manly East Wharf) ...

Fort Denison Ferry

Visit the Fort in the middle of Sydney Harbour. A fun and fascinating day for the whole family. Ferries depart from Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, Manly and Watsons Bay ...

Watsons Bay Ferry

Relax and take in the sights as you cruise to work aboard a Rocket Ferry between Watsons Bay and the City. This fantastic new commuter service operates during the Monday to Friday peak ...

Shark Island Ferry

Shark Island is Sydney's most popular picnic island with 360° harbour views. Ferries depart throughout the day from Darling Harbour and Circular Quay ...

Goat Island Ferry & Tours

Join a return ferry and guided tour of Goat Island departing Circular Quay the second Sunday of each month ...

Luna Park Ferry

Luna Park is just for fun! Rocket ferries depart regularly throughout the day from Circular Quay (tickets from Wharf 6) to Sydney's famous amusement park ...

Darling Harbour - Circular Quay Ferries

Rocket ferries depart every 45 minutes from Circular Quay (tickets from Wharf 6) and Darling Harbour (tickets from Pier 26 next to Sydney Aquarium). The journey takes approximately 15 minutes ...

Lane Cove Ferry

Dump the Victoria Road and Epping Road traffic and travel to work between Hunters Hill, Longueville, Northwood, Greenwich, Birchgrove and the City in relaxed comfort on a rocket ferry along the Lane Cove River ...

Darling Harbour Express

Save time and money with a combined rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and entry into your choice of SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo or Madame Tussauds all located at Darling Harbour, or Sydney Tower Eye in the city centre ...

SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium

Come face to face with amazing sea life! Save time and money with a combined rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and entry into SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium located at Darling Harbour ...

WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo Ferry

Come face to face with amazing wild life! Save time and money with a combined rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and entry into WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo located at Darling Harbour ...

Madame Tussauds Sydney Ferry

Come face to face with famous stars! Save time and money with a combined rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and entry into Madame Tussauds Sydney located at Darling Harbour ...

Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary Ferry

Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary is smaller than Darling Harbour is a favourite with locals and visitors alike. The penguin show and the shark diving are a hit with both kids and adults. Visitors have the chance to interact with a wide variety of marine life and see Manly's iconic little penguins. With an abundance of incredible marine life, from cuttlefish, lionfish, baby sharks, seahorses to octopuses, there is much to see at Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary. Save time and money with a combined ferry between Circular Quay and Manly and entry into Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary ...

Sydney Tower Eye Ferry

Get the big picture of Sydney, its harbour, the city and mountains from Sydney Tower! Save time and money with a combined rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and entry into Sydney Tower Eye, located at 100 Market Street, a 500 metre walk from Darling Harbour ...

Combo 2 Attractions FerryJump on a rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour (return) and visit two of Sydney's most popular attractions. Your Combo 2 Attraction Ferry includes entry to any two Merlin attractions - SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo or Madame Tussauds Sydney all located at Darling Harbour, or Sydney Tower Eye in the city centre, plus your return ferry. Visit them both in one day, or up to 30 days from your ferry ...

Combo 3 Attractions Ferry

Jump on a rocket ferry between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour (return) and visit three of Sydney's most popular attractions. Your Combo 3 Attraction Ferry includes entry to any three Merlin attractions - SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo or Madame Tussauds Sydney all located at Darling Harbour, or Sydney Tower Eye in the city centre, plus your return ferry. Visit them all in one day, or up to 30 days from your ferry ...

Ferries do not operate Christmas Day. Special or limited timetables operate on 26 & 31 December, 26 January and selected special events.

Available at additional cost

•Upgrade to the 24-Hour Hop On Hop Off Harbour Pass with free reboarding at Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, Taronga Zoo, Watsons Bay and Luna Park plus optional reboarding at Fort Denison, Shark Island and Manly

Accessibility for people with a Disability Policy

Other Ferry Options

Goat Island Ferry More Info 2nd & 3rd Sunday of each month

Visit the Goat Island Ferry page for cruise and Goat Island guided tour information

White Bay Cruise Terminal City Ferry More Info Coming Soon Coming soon

Visit the White Bay Cruise Terminal City Ferry page for the latest information

Enjoy

Thank you very much for such helpful information, I want to use the ferries whilst I'm in beautiful Sydney, I really appreciate the research you have done for us all. G:D

Hi Bonnie,

Is there any way I can get information about shuttle buses in ports? I am taking three back-to-back cruises beginning in Singapore on 12th Dec. and finishing in Sydney on 15th Jan. When planning what to do, it would be helpful if I had a list of what the ship is providing.

I am particularly interested in Benoa, Bali as I will be there for three days. I have already booked a ship trip for one of these days but am undecided what to do the other two. Will there be a shuttle bus to perhaps a shopping mall? beach? nearby hotel? Nusa Dua? as there seems to be little or nothing at the port itself.

Thanks.

Hi Bonnie,

Is there any way I can get information about shuttle buses in ports? I am taking three back-to-back cruises beginning in Singapore on 12th Dec. and finishing in Sydney on 15th Jan. When planning what to do, it would be helpful if I had a list of what the ship is providing.

I am particularly interested in Benoa, Bali as I will be there for three days. I have already booked a ship trip for one of these days but am undecided what to do the other two. Will there be a shuttle bus to perhaps a shopping mall? beach? nearby hotel? Nusa Dua? as there seems to be little or nothing at the port itself.

Thanks.

you will have to taxi in bali to the beach or anywhere. I would book a private guide or just go to Kutu for the beach and stores. the port has a small restaurant and a couple vendors.

Hello tartanbuster,

Shuttles are arranged between the port personnel and ship personnel and are subject to change based on many variables.

Given the number of ports our ships call on each year x the number of years we have published, compounded by the fact that the home office does not have shuttle information (re. first sentence) it is beyond my daily abilities to provide shuttle information on each port.

Your best resource are those on this forum who have sailed to the ports you ask about.

MKC, Thank you for the ferry information! I've been checking out the Australian Accessibility laws trying to figure out what to do if shuttles are not provided. Taxis are rarely the wheel in and wheel out type any where and the spouse is getting a tad up there for "wife throwing" me into tall vans without ramps any more. :) Sounds like both ferries and shuttles will be accessible in Australia so now on to checking out New Zealand.

NorthernLite

You will have no trouble getting a wheelchair accessible taxi in Sydney as a number of companies provide this service. I suggest you search google "taxi with wheelchair Sydney" or "wheelchair accessible Sydney" for more detail so the "wife throwing" will have to occur elsewhere

NorthernLite

You will have no trouble getting a wheelchair accessible taxi in Sydney as a number of companies provide this service. I suggest you search google "taxi with wheelchair Sydney" or "wheelchair accessible Sydney" for more detail so the "wife throwing" will have to occur elsewhere

Thank you, we now have long lists for Vancouver (flying stop over) and Sydney. I understand from a Kiwi friend that most port towns there will have something appropriate. Thankfully the EU has added access as part of their constitution so things have gotten much better as we have aged a bit since I acquired the "lead sled". We have joked about "wife throwing" becoming an Olympic event over the years. And it is wonderful to hear that on Azamara we will not hear the lack of ability to contact the home office about the accessibility of shuttles from ship staff as we did on a very memorable SNAFU two days out of Lisbon on Celebrity. We had to buy shuttle tickets at least 48 hours in advance and all ship staff insisted they were not accessible. So we explored the medieval port district and had a wonderful lunch in a family owned restaurant. Later as we headed back we saw 4 new buses lined up just above the pedestrian area of the port. All were wheelchair and baby stroller accessible and all 4 had a Celebrity Reserved sign in the front window. Massive fail on the ship staff as if they had just asked the specialty restaurant Maitre'd who was from Porto he would have been proud to tell them about the countrywide initiative to upgrade infrastructure was well know to their citizens. We should have asked him not the people upstairs. Thanks again for the added information. :)

Extract from Captain Cook Cruises web page:

Captain Cook Cruises White Bay Cruise Terminal City Ferry will begin operation on 20 November 2015.

• Commencing 20 November 2015

• A new ferry service operating on Cruise Ship arrival & departure days

The long awaited ferry service will operate between White Bay, Circular Quay, and Darling Harbour every 20 minutes from 7.30am until 3.00pm. The ferry will operate on all days that cruise ships arrive and depart from White Bay Cruise Terminal.

Ferries will operate between White Bay and Circular Quay in the morning and between White Bay and Darling Harbour in the afternoon. Ferry transfers operate between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour for those wishing to connect to the White Bay service.

The new direct ferry service will provide a quick and efficient transfer to and from the city for all cruise ship passengers and crew.

The ferry service has been made possible by the construction of Sydney’s first mobile passenger wharf by Captain Cook Cruises. The White Bay Captain Cook Wharf will be located directly adjacent to the White Bay Cruise Terminal.

The White Bay Cruise Terminal City Ferry is priced at $9 one way, per person.

Buy tickets online from http://www.captaincook.com.au, in person at Captain Cook Cruises ticket offices at Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, and White Bay and through participating cruise lines.

Where to Buy Tickets

• Book online and skip the ticket queue

• In person at Captain Cook Cruises ticket offices at Circular Quay (Wharf 6), Darling Harbour (Pier 26) and White Bay (Captain Cook Wharf)

• Please note Opal Cards & Transport NSW tickets are not accepted

• Tickets are only valid on Captain Cook Cruises vessels

Luggage

• There are no luggage storage facilities - luggage must be accompanied at all times

Special or limited timetables may operate on selected special events.

Timetable

Ferries depart approx every 20 minutes. Duration approx 15 minutes.

Travelling to White Bay

• Morning Departures from Circular Quay

o Direct ferries depart Circular Quay, Wharf 6, from 8.15am to 11.20am

o Bus, train and ferry transport interchanges are located at Circular Quay

• Afternoon Departures from Darling Harbour

o Direct ferries depart Darling Harbour from 11:45am to 3:00pm

o Darling Harbour is only a short walk downhill from Town Hall bus and train transport interchanges

o Please check-in at the Captain Cook Cruises office at Pier 26, Darling Harbour, located between SEA LIFE Aquarium and the Pyrmont Bridge

Travelling from White Bay

• Morning Departures to Circular Quay

o Direct ferries depart White Bay for Circular Quay from 7:30am to 10:55am

o Bus, train and ferry transport interchanges are located at Circular Quay

• Afternoon Departures to Darling Harbour

o Direct ferries depart White Bay for Darling Harbour from 11.25am to 3.20pm

Transfers between Circular Quay to Darling Harbour

• Ferry transfers operate between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour for those wishing to connect to the White Bay service

• Bookings not available for specific departures

• Note services depart from a Step Wharf with up to 10 steps

End of extract.

I advise that cruise ships usually arrive in Sydney between 6:00 & 8:00 am and depart between 4:00 & 6:00 pm. with overnight stays very limited. The ferry timetable above is consistent with these time frames.

As we all know Azamara is different (better) and has an overnight stay in Sydney. I suggest the ferry timetable needs to be checked for the Azamara stay closer to the event to identify changes, if any, given Azamara Quest overnight stay.

If it us, we would use the ferry to and from White Bay and if there was no ferry service available a taxi.

Hope this assists

After posting the details about the White Bay ferry service I imagined myself coming into Sydney aboard "Azamara Quest":

- it will be early morning with that soft glow across the harbour and the city

- temperature around 20C (70F)

- the sun will rise as the city comes to life

- up high on the top deck the view will be magnificent

- sail up the harbour and see many other points of beauty before passing the "Opera House" and "Circular Quay", turn left after cruising under the "Bridge", "Darling Harbour" on the left and into "White Bay"

You will always remember the hour it took to enter the "Heads", sail up the harbour and dock at "White Bay Terminal".

After breakfast on "Quest"

- leave the ship and board the ferry

- back along "White Bay", pass "Darling Harbour" on the right

- look further up the harbour on the left as you turn right with "Luna Park" then on the left

- look back along the harbour where you made your entrance from the "Heads"

- under the "Bridge"

- you will notice how much bigger it will looks from the deck of the ferry

- how busy the harbour is now with ferries going in all directions

- turn right after the "Bridge" with the "Opera House" then on your left and the "Bridge" on your right as you head into the into "Circular Quay" wharf

What a wonderful way to start your day in Sydney

I am sad to see Azamara is having to use this terminal,lots of small ships that can go under the bridge are having to use this port.. It's not a good view of Sydney. But the ferry shuttle will give a wonderful view of the harbour that you normally would not experience. Just leave the terminal and forget it and enjoy Sydney. Having sailed many times on Azamara Sydney harbour will be wonderful once you get there! Also you are all lucky the £ and $ will afford you more spending money. Also just a note about Bali the harbour control all the transport out of the port. They have the monopoly on taxie service into the city. It's pay or walk ( not possible). The best thing is to arrange a private taxie tour and you meet them outside the gates. Shirley

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

I have been told by AZ and confirmed by my TA that the ship will not be berthing at White Bay and will be at the Overseas Passenger Terminal by Circular Quay in the shadow of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. So the question of shuttles raised with Bonnie no longer comes into play.

David

Hello everyone

I have been told by AZ and confirmed by my TA that the ship will not be berthing at White Bay and will be at the Overseas Passenger Terminal by Circular Quay in the shadow of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. So the question of shuttles raised with Bonnie no longer comes into play.

David

Sydney port timetable shows Quest at white Bay, in Jan sorry.

Edited by GUT2407