Help! My cabin has disappeared.

Going Coastal

Well more than two years before the Journey sailing, October 28, 2017, from Athens to Dubai, we booked one of the two accessible verandah staterooms. All was well until yesterday when I received an email with notice of change. I had no idea why, even after reading it because the field labelled change was blank. I even posted on the roll call to see if anyone else had received one.

Finally I tried to contact the Azamara rep who had booked it. He was not in but another nice rep said we had been moved to a non accessible verandah!

Not much rattles me, but this certainly did! He said he and my booking agent would work on it and get back to me today. It is almost the close of the business day so my anxiety level is rising again.

If any of you have any idea what I should do next, please feel free to advise me.

Thank you!

Well more than two years before the Journey sailing, October 28, 2017, from Athens to Dubai, we booked one of the two accessible verandah staterooms. All was well until yesterday when I received an email with notice of change. I had no idea why, even after reading it because the field labelled change was blank. I even posted on the roll call to see if anyone else had received one.

Finally I tried to contact the Azamara rep who had booked it. He was not in but another nice rep said we had been moved to a non accessible verandah!

Not much rattles me, but this certainly did! He said he and my booking agent would work on it and get back to me today. It is almost the close of the business day so my anxiety level is rising again.

If any of you have any idea what I should do next, please feel free to advise me.

Thank you!

This should be posted on the Azamara board and not on the Azamara Roll Call Board

DON

It was posted on the general Azamara board originally and I would very much like to get it back there.

That I can tell, this was not initially posted on the main forum. At any rate, I moved it for you.

Getting back to your concern, I'm unsure of why you were moved, but I believe that Azamara requires completion of a Special needs form, for an Accessible cabin. Did you complete this form ? Perhaps they moved you - if it was not received.

Here's a link to the form : https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/accessible-cruising . Click on the blue "Guest Special Needs Form" and it will download.

I hope everything is resolved to your satisfaction. Please let us know the outcome, and good luck !

Thank you, Andy, your help is always appreciated and on point.

The special needs form was submitted and receipt acknowledged. Our two cruises in 2013 were also in one of these accessible verandah staterooms.

I am completely stymied.

Hi Going Coastal,

Thanks for the information. Wish I had more thoughts to share. FWIW, I'm confident your TA will get to the bottom of the matter. I hope it will be resolved favorably. Please let us know the outcome. All the best to you !

One clarification. This reservation was made directly with Azamara.

First of all hope Azamara gets this issue solved and you get back your originally booked cabin.

Also hope you learned from this experience and Always use a travel agent in the future. In addition to a good travel agent having access to the people who can solve issues, you are leaving a significant amount of money and other perks on the table by booking direct.

Good luck and hope everything is solved shortly.

Good news! All is explained. Because both the ships are having work done on the cabins in 2016, the numbering may change, thus the email two days ago. Both the LCV agent and the Special Needs rep were most helpful today and I also thank all of you who offered encouragement on this forum. Best wishes to all!

Hi Going Coastal (thankfully not Going Postal!) ... I too have heard from our Inventory people that the move was temporary and you will indeed have the original Accessible Veranda Stateroom you booked.

I most regret you received that email which alarmed you.

We got al call yesterday from our TA that after the refurbishment our booked cabin on deck 4 will be a handicapted cabin and we have to move to another cabin. It seems, that they will invent some more accessable staterooms.

We got al call yesterday from our TA that after the refurbishment our booked cabin on deck 4 will be a handicapted cabin and we have to move to another cabin. It seems, that they will invent some more accessable staterooms.

I hadn't spotted that, but see it now on the new deck plan. I'm pleased they are adding a couple more accessible cabins. There aren't enough of them. Looks like it will also make a bit of extra space for Future Cruise Sales moved to the other side of the ship.

Phil

They have been needed, but it seems unfair if you picked your favorite floor and location for me to be moving you out!! Hope you get a nice upgrade, that you like!!!!

It would seem some sort of upgrade would be offered as compensation for your disappointment.

• 2 weeks later...
More than happy, and you get extra credit for coming the closest of anyone to cracking the code of my screen name.

Best wishes.

The game's afoot! Who can solve this mystery??? I'm not a Doctor Watson, but I play one on TV :D:D:D