2018 Itineraries - Now Available (10/28/15) & World Cruise ?

Andy

Interesting point.

Do you think that the possibility of charters keeps Azamara in familiar waters?

I think that is the main reason. Also they keep a ship in a certain part of the world to do a special themed cruise (I'm thinking Gallipoli as one when Quest was out for five weeks). That of course was a special anniversary which isn't going to happen every year, but I'm sure others will come along. Another ship or two would help immensely and enable them to offer some wholly different areas of the world whilst still continuing their charter policy. I can understand why they do them because it's good business, but it's also frustrating if you do a cruise and want to continue on to the next one, but can't because the ship is chartered. That's happened to me a couple of times.

Phil

Even though there are 30 new ports, by and large, the itineraries are the same old, same old. Not enough new to entice us to book 2018. What about the west coast of South America? What about the east coast of Canada/US? What about the Arctic and Greenland? Very disappointed.

My thoughts exactly. As much of an Azamara cheerleader as I am, I admit I'm looking at Oceania and Crystal for 2018, based on what they are offering for 2016.

Would love an 'Enchanted Azamazing Evening ' ;) in the South Pacific. Azamara would be a fabulous fit for cruising around this beautiful part of the world.

Have they ever sailed there?

no, one reason as i am looking at other lines. Solstice was in that area as the cruise ended in AU.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked a VX-aft for the 11 Night Cities of Northern Europe cruise on Journey, Aug. 30-Sept. 10, 2018. The price is crazy-high under the current deal, but there are only two VX-aft cabins on deck 7 so I wanted to grab one -- and will be waiting for a BOGOHO deal to make the price more reasonable. The itinerary is the kind of thing that makes Azamara special: Copenhagen, Aarhus, Skagen (all Denmark); Oslo, Norway; Bremerhaven, Germany; Amsterdam (overnight); Oostende, Belgium; Honfleur, France; London (overnight). Note that we end right in London, at Tower Bridge! That makes the overnight there worthwhile. We should also be right near Centraal Station in Amsterdam for that overnight. Several of the stops are until 10:00 pm, and there's only 1 Sea Day -- port intensive at its best!

Just booked a VX-aft for the 11 Night Cities of Northern Europe cruise on Journey, Aug. 30-Sept. 10, 2018. The price is crazy-high under the current deal, but there are only two VX-aft cabins on deck 7 so I wanted to grab one -- and will be waiting for a BOGOHO deal to make the price more reasonable. The itinerary is the kind of thing that makes Azamara special: Copenhagen, Aarhus, Skagen (all Denmark); Oslo, Norway; Bremerhaven, Germany; Amsterdam (overnight); Oostende, Belgium; Honfleur, France; London (overnight). Note that we end right in London, at Tower Bridge! That makes the overnight there worthwhile. We should also be right near Centraal Station in Amsterdam for that overnight. Several of the stops are until 10:00 pm, and there's only 1 Sea Day -- port intensive at its best!

have my eye on this one and the one before it.. mostly ports i have never seen. waiting until I get on ship.

have my eye on this one and the one before it.. mostly ports i have never seen. waiting until I get on ship.

Me too! I'm looking to book this B2B for 2018 but the prices seem quite high. Any thoughts on what the next promotion will be? Will it be in January and will it include the 2018 sailings? Bonnie, any info?

Thanks!

Would love an 'Enchanted Azamazing Evening ' ;) in the South Pacific. Azamara would be a fabulous fit for cruising around this beautiful part of the world.

Have they ever sailed there?

unless they sailed from LA to Sydney it will never happen. to many other ships there so unless they went thru canal to sydney.. so far Oceania has the fit for me in 2017.. but still have my eye on summer 2018. waitng until on ship.

Me too! I'm looking to book this B2B for 2018 but the prices seem quite high. Any thoughts on what the next promotion will be? Will it be in January and will it include the 2018 sailings? Bonnie, any info?

Thanks!

It's not my place to "scoop" the marketing department's announcements...they're my bosses!

That said, a golden rule is if you see a voyage you like, with the type of accommodations you like, you should not wait to book. That category will be sold out the next time you look. In most cases you can take advantage of new offers, if they include your voyage.

It's not my place to "scoop" the marketing department's announcements...they're my bosses!

That said, a golden rule is if you see a voyage you like, with the type of accommodations you like, you should not wait to book. That category will be sold out the next time you look. In most cases you can take advantage of new offers, if they include your voyage.

Got it, thanks Bonnie! Love this B2B from Stockholm to London Tower Bridge....amazing ports....so much to see. Now I have to convince my partner to be away from work for 22 days :)

Got it, thanks Bonnie! Love this B2B from Stockholm to London Tower Bridge....amazing ports....so much to see. Now I have to convince my partner to be away from work for 22 days :)

By then (2018) our onboard internet ought to be fantastic! Tell your traveling partner to bring work along!

everyone loves that cruise.trying to wait to i get on ship next month. to hard to move a rez to a new cruise