Post Refurb Deck Plans?

81Zoomie

• 3 weeks later...

It's there, but only for Journey.

By the way, what is a "One Upper Berth", as per the symbol key and indicated for a number of suites? Have they replaced the sleeper sofa with a fold-down bunk-style berth?!

By the way, what is a "One Upper Berth", as per the symbol key and indicated for a number of suites? Have they replaced the sleeper sofa with a fold-down bunk-style berth?!

I really would like to know this as well. The description of all of the N1 and N2 suites say there is a sitting area with a sofa bed. Does this mean that the outcry on this board was successful and all the suites will have a sofa and not the single big chair? The deck plans also show that half of the N1 suites also have an upper berth. I have one of these suites on an upcoming cruise. I am hoping that the upper berth is of a type that you do not even know it exists unless it is folded down for use. I would like to know that for certain though.......

Best,

Bruce

They also now know which club continents have baths and which have only showers.

I also wondered about the upper berth.

I priced a new Aqua suite and it was double the price of a club continent suite so I guess we'll be staying put!!

Edited by Grandma Gilly

In 2016 we are doing away with Upper Berths, which were only in Interior Staterooms and I'm told very seldom used.

I've noted that the little triangle symbol for Upper Berths is still showing. Tks for catching that for us!

Thank you for that Bonnie,

Can you tell us if it is safe to believe the web site when it states that a suite has a sitting area with a sofa bed?

When can we hope to hear about which rooms have showers or tubs?

Thanks for all your help!

Bruce

Edited by Brucen
spelling

Glad we could help with the info on the upper births but, the website appears to be under construction as:

Accessing the GB site, can see the post refit deck plans for Journey but, not Quest. Nothing post refit is available on the US site. On the UK site for Journey, the triangle upper birth issue plus all Club Continent suites state bathtubs and couches which don't believe will be how they end up.

Am mystified as to why the IT people are seemingly doing such a haphazard job updating the web sites and making so many errors in the one ship deck 9 on the only UK site.

Would the sites would be in Beta and rolled out after a QA look at the sites with all of the refit changes included??? Hopefully we will soon be able to see the correct deck plans and make our decisions.

Also strange that Grandma Gilly stated that the new suite descriptions are complete yet all we see is a hodge podge and nothing we can count on at this point as being correct. Realize Bonnie has stated that we should see the new configurations shortly and that has been posted for several month. We are now about 2 1/2 months before Journey has her refit and the layouts and ordering of the hardware has to be complete to meet the delivery schedule yet Azamara is not announcing the configurations at least in an organized manner.

Please, please Bonnie have the powers that be look at what is showing up and get the executives to either announce the changes or at least stop putting incomplete and inaccurate information on the public web.

Thanks so much,

Please, please Bonnie have the powers that be look at what is showing up and get the executives to either announce the changes or at least stop putting incomplete and inaccurate information on the public web.

Thanks so much,

Such a simple and obvious idea Dave. Rather frightening if the "powers the be" actually have to learn that from these boards :-)

Best,

Bruce

Just checked onboard, and the triangle means tubs, not upper berths. Port N1 and starboard N2 CC suites will have tubs.

Truly boneheaded to have half tubs. Future cruise consultant says very few new bookings have requested tubs, and nearly all wanted showers.

Edited by marinaro44

Just checked onboard, and the triangle means tubs, not upper berths. Port N1 and starboard N2 CC suites will have tubs.

Truly boneheaded to have half tubs. Future cruise consultant says very few new bookings have requested tubs, and nearly all wanted showers.

That makes much more sense than upper berths.

Edited by Grandma Gilly

Thanks for letting us know. Shower would be my preference too. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Phil

I think a vocal minority swayed the outcome. For us future bookings have to be a shower or we will downgrade to a balcony so less revenue to Azamara - simples

I certainly prefer a walk-in shower, but surely the CC Suites that have a bath will have a shower as well, over the bath, similar to the present arrangement ? It would be mad to have suites without, or else many people will be following UKtog and downgrading to a standard balcony cabin.

I certainly prefer a walk-in shower, but surely the CC Suites that have a bath will have a shower as well, over the bath, similar to the present arrangement ? It would be mad to have suites without, or else many people will be following UKtog and downgrading to a standard balcony cabin.

I'm sure they will. The issue for me is that the shower over a bath is never very comfortable. The number of times I've gone back to an ordinary cabin and enjoyed the showering experience more. Having a walk in shower will solve this and probably make the bathrooms look bigger.

Phil

Better for those that don't like stepping into the bath too.

Phil

That's my issue...plus having to stoop while showering in the tub. Maybe new tubs could be at floor level instead of several inches above.

Still, Azamara will go nuts switching people's suites around for those who don't want tubs.