Included drinks

readingfast

Last time we were on the Quest the included drinks were superb except that, after dinner, when everyone settled down with G & T or Whisky or such, there was not a single brandy on the list.

There seemed to be multiple choices of all other spirits but no brandy, not even Spanish brandy which is cheap & cheerful.

Can anyone tell me if this has changed or, if not, who do I lobby to get it changed?

No, unfortunately still no brandy. As you are in the UK maybe drop an email to Richard Twynam who is UK MD. He is very responsive and can at least raise the issue with Hotel Operations and find out if a review is likely to happen. His email is rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com. It's a question that pops up here every so often (together with providing some sparkling wine/Prosecco on the included list).

Phil

No, unfortunately still no brandy. As you are in the UK maybe drop an email to Richard Twynam who is UK MD. He is very responsive and can at least raise the issue with Hotel Operations and find out if a review is likely to happen. His email is rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com. It's a question that pops up here every so often (together with providing some sparkling wine/Prosecco on the included list).

Phil

Along the same line of affordability, Spanish Cava would be a great addition in this category!

I read somewhere, that they will upgrade their list of the included drinks to a higher level.

Because quality was going down. It was a difference between our two Azamara cruises on the Journey. For example: one the first one in 2012 the Rose wine was a really good Beringer White Zinfandel. On the second cruise last year it was only a medium portugese rosewine and the Beringer had to be paid extra for a charge of $8.

Maybe it´s the reason, like on all other cruise lines, to sell beverage packages, to upgrade the quality by paying extra.

I hope it will be correct that they will bring the drinks back to a higher quality.

I read somewhere, that they will upgrade their list of the included drinks to a higher level.

Because quality was going down. It was a difference between our two Azamara cruises on the Journey. For example: one the first one in 2012 the Rose wine was a really good Beringer White Zinfandel. On the second cruise last year it was only a medium portugese rosewine and the Beringer had to be paid extra for a charge of $8.

Maybe it´s the reason, like on all other cruise lines, to sell beverage packages, to upgrade the quality by paying extra.

I hope it will be correct that they will bring the drinks back to a higher quality.

Interesting. Where did you read that? I've not had an issue with the included wines and haven't seen a drop in quality. I do know that at the start of the included wines Rosé wasn't included, but now it is. I think it does depend upon supplies in different parts of the world and it is difficult to make a comparison from two cruises and conclude the quality has gone down. The other included drinks are the same as they have always been AFAIK. Just wondering what you read.

Phil

Interesting. Where did you read that? I've not had an issue with the included wines and haven't seen a drop in quality. I do know that at the start of the included wines Rosé wasn't included, but now it is. I think it does depend upon supplies in different parts of the world and it is difficult to make a comparison from two cruises and conclude the quality has gone down. The other included drinks are the same as they have always been AFAIK. Just wondering what you read.

Phil

Is there a port wine included?

For example: one the first one in 2012 the Rose wine was a really good Beringer White Zinfandel. On the second cruise last year it was only a medium portugese rosewine and the Beringer had to be paid extra for a charge of $8.

Give me a crisp dry Portuguese Rose over a Zinfandel any day! :cool: JMHO.

Never, ever had any quality issues on the included wine, there are some very nice ones that I like, there are some that my wife prefers that I don't but there is always a good choice.

As always, wine choice is very personal.:)