cruise visiting India read this!!

Tony UK

Just returned from an Azamara cruse Dubai to Singapore. On embarkation visas for India should have been checked but somehow some with no visa and a large number (I heard over 70) with an E-visa got on board.

These people were not allowed ashore in our 1st 2 stops in India and it was only with the ships intervention to obtain a group visa for them, at an additional charge, that they were able to get off at the last stop. Actually the ship would have been in their right to deny them boarding at Dubai.

Many thought they would be ok with the e visa but this was only good for entry by the AIRPORTS specified. Some had been told by their TA that the ship would do it.

For all nationalities seek advice from your Indian consulate and embassy. Arrangements are changing all the time so don't rely on old information, check again before you apply. Get the right visa and enjoy India. I know we did!

Just returned from an Azamara cruse Dubai to Singapore. On embarkation visas for India should have been checked but somehow some with no visa and a large number (I heard over 70) with an E-visa got on board.

These people were not allowed ashore in our 1st 2 stops in India and it was only with the ships intervention to obtain a group visa for them, at an additional charge, that they were able to get off at the last stop. Actually the ship would have been in their right to deny them boarding at Dubai.

Many thought they would be ok with the e visa but this was only good for entry by the AIRPORTS specified. Some had been told by their TA that the ship would do it.

For all nationalities seek advice from your Indian consulate and embassy. Arrangements are changing all the time so don't rely on old information, check again before you apply. Get the right visa and enjoy India. I know we did!

I responded to your other post on the Celebrity board but just to repeat here (and apologies for cross posting)

Very sensible advice - two riders

1. Never rely on what a travel agent tells you

2. Never ever ever rely on advice on these boards other than this good advice - speak to the Indian consulate.

There are so many things now that impact on your visa for example not only the country of passport issue but also where you were born and what other visas are in your passport. (On the later I know both DH and I have visas that can cause issues in our passports).

So for the sake of a call, save yourself hassle and worry and the possible ruination of a cruise

Edited by uktog