LCV Newsletter: November 2015

BBMacLaird

My feed back ???? Booked a few months ago and not a single mailing or email to encourage me to book again OR give me reason so not to cancel.

We have booked another Regent and it's looking like I will cancel AZ in favor of a second Regent.

Had you guys been sending anything to interest to my DH this likely would not have happened.

Frankly I'm beyond disappointed as I was looking forward to a new experience. How hard would it have been????

My feed back ???? Booked a few months ago and not a single mailing or email to encourage me to book again OR give me reason so not to cancel.

We have booked another Regent and it's looking like I will cancel AZ in favor of a second Regent.

Had you guys been sending anything to interest to my DH this likely would not have happened.

Frankly I'm beyond disappointed as I was looking forward to a new experience. How hard would it have been????

Really? With all the positive feedback about Azamara on this CC forum, you should be able to deal with "buyer's remorse" even without constant Azamara junk mail. I get two or more flyers from Viking every single day, but that hasn't tempted me to book with them -- so I'm happy that Azamara isn't killing trees without reason. If you cancel this, how will you ever know if Azamara is a good fit?

Interesting. The less stuff cruise lines send me, the better! I find what I need to on the website, book directly with the cruise line and off I go. To each his own I guess.

I would agree...surely it is the onboard experience that matters most and if you cancel your Azamara cruise, then you will never know just how good that is.

I have emails and paper brochures from some other cruiselines almost every day. It doesn't tempt me to book with them! JVilleGal I hope you give Azamara the opportunity to impress you onboard....because they certainly will do that.

I can totally understand the unloved feeling. We too despite all we have done to enable permissions never get any emails, coffee table books etc.

Would it cause me to cancel - no

Might it cause me to look elsewhere - it all depends but I might say yes it is a risk, a simple one for the cruiseline to correct

Really? With all the positive feedback about Azamara on this CC forum, you should be able to deal with "buyer's remorse" even without constant Azamara junk mail. I get two or more flyers from Viking every single day, but that hasn't tempted me to book with them -- so I'm happy that Azamara isn't killing trees without reason. If you cancel this, how will you ever know if Azamara is a good fit?

Sadly, it's not me! It's a DH who doesn't like change and he loves Regent :( sometimes there is just no fighting the guy who pays the bills.

To be clear he does not actually care a bit about marketing materials. It's " out of sight, out of mind". He gets plenty of mail from other cruise lines and has gotten interested in other trips. Had we received any thing from AZ it might have kept his interest focused. So does he care about marketing brochures, no. He has simply lost interest and moved on. Told me to cancel which I have not done yet!

I am simply beyond disappointed that something so easy could have kept the booking I wanted. Who says men aren't Fickle :(

It would be a shame if you and your DH didn't experience Azamara because you haven't received some marketing bumph.

I agree that their communication with current and new cruisers can be poor but on board makes up for all that.

Hope you manage to enjoy it for yourselves

Shame you and your husband won't get to experience what this Regent cruiser did on a recent Azamara cruise. As written in a Cruise Critic review:

"Service right from the start was extremely friendly and efficient, and personal when it needed to be ---- a nice touch was the way passengers were addressed by name when leaving and returning to the ship, and the provision on hot days of cold towels and fruit punch as we boarded was greatly appreciated. In the main restaurant, both service and food were so good that we saw no need to visit the speciality restaurants (at extra cost). On balance, we felt that service on this ship easily matched Regent, and in most cases was actually better."

After 49 nights on Regent, we couldn't agree more. We had to ask the hotel general manager for chilled water and towels to be provided on an Amazon cruise when it was hot as blazes, something done as a matter of course on Azamara. Not only did security not address you by name when returning to the ship, they said absolutely nothing--no greeting at all. Might as well have been coming back from a work gang. Senior officers made no effort to engage passengers a la Carl, Jose, Johannes, Philip, Heike, Ryszard, Russ, etc.

Regent? You can have it. Walk-in closets may be nice, but as for the rest...no comparison.

I emailed the LCV contact a few weeks ago to say that I wasn't receiving emails from Azamara and since then have received two. I do agree that other cruise lines bombard people with hard-copy offers and brochures, particularly the river cruise companies. I find them annoying. They're often exactly the same leaflet or mini-brochure, always offering a so-called £1000 off, or similar. Genuine, reasonable pricing would be preferable.

Well he told me to cancel :( and I have not (yet).... I just believe the extra cruise could easily have been an Azamara cruise if only I had some Glossy Brochures for him to look at... So while I don't want mailbox jammed like Viking does, something when requested and sent occasionally would help with at home marketing efforts.

So once again no one is cancelling because AZ has ignored us. I'm just saying had they bothered to send info and a brochure or 2 my husband would not have been distracted and focused on another Cruiseline simply because it came in the mail. This is just how it works sometimes!

I'm thrilled of course to go back to Regent but had my heart set on trying something new. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Well he told me to cancel :( and I have not (yet).... I just believe the extra cruise could easily have been an Azamara cruise if only I had some Glossy Brochures for him to look at... So while I don't want mailbox jammed like Viking does, something when requested and sent occasionally would help with at home marketing efforts.

So once again no one is cancelling because AZ has ignored us. I'm just saying had they bothered to send info and a brochure or 2 my husband would not have been distracted and focused on another Cruiseline simply because it came in the mail. This is just how it works sometimes!

I'm thrilled of course to go back to Regent but had my heart set on trying something new. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi JVilleGal, I hope you don't cancel. I already think of you as one of the Azamara family!

You both will enjoy Azamara, and not least of all, I would miss your posts on this forum if you forego sailing with us!

If you can't convince DH, find a girlfriend and sail away without him ;)

Thanks Bonnie I'm just keeping quite for now. And hopefully I will catch him in a better place. 42 yrs and I am still saying he is a work in progress! So for now I'm not talking about our cruise and not canceling, air does not need to be booked for a while yet :)

I do the travel planning and show DW the trips I think might be of interest, but that's very rarely from the glossy brochures that go straight from the mailbox to the recycle bin -- I print off the much fuller info from the website. When Azamara's 2018 itineraries were released, I looked them over and found one that sounded really unusual (Copenhagen to London -- moored at Tower Bridge! -- with lots of unusual ports). I thought it was a long shot (since it involves an overnight in Amsterdam which is not her favorite city and one that we will be starting our 2016 Azamara cruise from -- and after 40 years of marriage you think you know someone) -- and she jumped at it! Color printers are so cheap now, you can make your own brochures to temp your DH. Or you can go to the Azamara website and download the 2017 Destination Guide and the 174-page "For the Love of Travel" -- they look gorgeous on the screen.

Referring to the LCV Newsletter just received, I think it is very well done indeed.

Well laid out, with excellent graphics and text, the content really reminds us of our wonderful experiences on board. More than just a sales pitch, we particularly enjoyed the interviews with Captain Johannes and Heike Berdos, and Larry Pimental's comments about New Zealand.

The only quibble is that we think it best viewed on a desk top computer rather than a tablet or smart phone. However, I'm well aware of the difficulties of formatting for different platforms.

Is there another cruise line that provides such an interesting online resource?

Congratulations to Nicole and her staff.

No email received here either. The only way I have learnt about the new Newsletter is via this site......the only way I have learnt about the newly released 2018 itineraries is via this site......the only way I have learnt about the glossy coffee table book that was sent to some is via this site.......

It is pretty poor imho.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

No email received here either. The only way I have learnt about the new Newsletter is via this site......the only way I have learnt about the newly released 2018 itineraries is via this site......the only way I have learnt about the glossy coffee table book that was sent to some is via this site.......

It is pretty poor imho.

Or you could have said: "Thank God for Cruise Critic!"

I am not canceling any cruises but there is a big difference between wasting money sending out glossy sales brochures and showing at least one bit of interest in your customers by shooting off an email to them every few months!