just booked Comfort Inn 89th st. Galveston

toxicfairy

Any one stay here before? Yes I was looking at another Hotel this morning but the husband and I took another look and this one has an included breakfast where as the Moody Gardens has a restaurant that was a bit pricey for 4 people just needing an over night stay. So we booked Comfort Suites got a suite with 2 queen beds for August 2017 and paid 219.99 (lol 252.99 w/ tax) it's a Saturday night in August so everything was close to that price or higher . Don't have to pay until we get there .Although I'll probably just call and pay it off before we cruise but a bit closer to that date. We have never been to this area before so any info any one can give me would be appreciated. Any stores around there? Is the property ok? It does not need to be 4 star just a nice place to sleep for the night. And as it is I still get too excited to sleep before the cruise any way:D Is the hotel very far from the airport or cruise terminal?

Which airport is best when cruising out of Galveston? We are in South Jersey so flying out of Philadelphia into Texas. Sorry I'm so full of questions. Stressful year at work and it's only October. I work in special ed and have a student that has been beating on us on a daily so This cruise is saving my sanity this year:o

Thank you! I'm getting excited. I know it is still 10 months away but once you are over 40 time seems to move in at much faster pace...lol and I'm a bit over 40:D

I can't do anything about the air transportation until February as Southwest does 6 months out so I'm waiting on that.

I have the room booked for the night before the cruise and obviously the cruise and I have my 2 new formal gowns :D ! Once I can book the air transportation then I can work on ground transportation from Hobby to the Hotel and back again. The Hotel has a shuttle to the cruise port. SO I guess I am starting to make a plan. Every time I get to add another page to my folder I get more excited!!

We are cruising with friends next July 2nd and this will be our first time out of Galveston. We are renting a car from IAH and stopping by the NASA Space center overnight to take the tour then proceed to our Hotel ( La Quinta Inn West Seawall) for 1 night. This will be our second time on the Liberty of the Seas.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at this hotel last year and were pleased enough with our experience that we came back last September and stayed 2 nights. We've cruised many times from Galveston and I think we've found the '"sweet spot" for cost and comfort. The property is clean and well maintained. Everyone we met on staff was welcoming and friendly. The pool was very nice, and the hot tub was hot! Awesome!

On the downside, it feels like it's in the middle of nowhere. There's a theater within walking distance, as well as souvenir and ice cream shops. And a kite store. But not a lot more. We walked to Wal-mart, but it's a 2 mile hike. (Got our exercise that day!) There's lots of great lunch and dinner places in Galveston, but if you're staying here, you need to plan on driving there.